• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why do we not hear a National call to Pray for the People of Texas?

• Members

Why do we not hear a National call to Pray for the People of Texas and All our country? We need God but our leaders are afraid to even say the word God and to ask for prayer!!! PTL for President Trump who speaks of God more than any other national leader. But where are our "church" leaders??

How many believers live in the USA? How many "churches" in the USA ?
How many millions of people in the USA could have prayed that this storm be calmed down and stopped before the damage was done But who even asked for help??? So many have been saying out loud, 'We don't want or need God" and God will not force them to accept His love, blessings and protection so they reap destruction and death and satan and demons laugh!!!

So many liberals=God rejectors and God haters are saying in public, "we don't want God! We don't need God and we reject prayer anywhere in public life".
God does not force anyone to accept his protection, love, mercy, forgiveness or salvation we are free to reject it all But if we do reject God we pay a high price!!!

Edited by HappyChristian
Edited to add extra comments from the other thread before deleting it

• Administrators

I heard just such a call in my church this morning. As Independent Baptists our leaders are our pastors, many of them are not on national media. Independent Baptists do not have "leaders" like denominational churches have, we are Independent so we do not have leaders such as you think of them, men who seem to speak for the whole denomination.

• Members

Amen Jim!  First thing Sunday morning our pastor also lead us in prayer for the folks affected by the storm.  Prayer is the best thing we can offer them, they are a resilient people and pride themselves on being self-reliant and shun government intervention, save for Houston!

My little brother evacuated and his home is ok and street is not flooded and he lives downtown.  I wonder how Liberty Baptist in Katy and Pastor Johnny Pope's churches are doing?  I also prayed specifically for them.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Why repeat this?

My wife and I pray for Texas and other places around the world where there are catastrophies  without being asked.

I think this may be a case of him being new here and his second post got merged with his first and he may not have know about it or how to fix it. It looks that way to me because he wrote a lot more in the second post than the first.

• Administrators

@Gismys - I wanted to let you know that I edited your opening post to include the additions that you put in the second thread you started on this same topic, and the second post you made in this thread. Please refrain from doubling and tripling posts. Thanks.

There is only one politician that I've heard mention praying for Texas, and that is Ted Cruz (he spoke of himself and his wife praying for Texas). I don't think we should require, though, that any of our public servants call us to prayer. We should simply be praying about it, as Invicta (who isn't even American) said they were doing.

A good friend of mine is in TX visiting family...what a time for a surprise visit. But there is tragedy in the visit. Her 84 year-old great uncle's vehicle was swept away in the flood, killing 6 people - all  that were in the vehicle were her relatives. Her name is Sherry, if folks would take a minute to pray for her family. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, swathdiver said:

In studying American history, our leaders frequently called upon the nation to pray for certain things.  I like that.

I do, too. But I'd rather not have someone who doesn't know Christ (as evidenced by the life) tell me I need to pray. When it's  leader who actually acknowledges the need for Christ rather than just using Him for political capital, that's good. JMO.

• Administrators

Just as an update - Trump has indeed issued a call to prayer for this Sunday.  I hope Christians are praying every day, and not just for the Harvey victims. We have hundreds of thousands of acres of forest being burned here in the west. In Montana, over 800, 000 alone, since July.  We need to pray for both, as both flood and fire claim victims. Too bad there isn't a way to pipe that flood water to the fires.