• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

RNS: UK’s Biggest Christian Festival to Showcase Islam

• Members

RNS: UK’s Biggest Christian Festival to Showcase Islam

By Catherine Pepinster Religion News Service LONDON (RNS) — Greenbelt, the biggest Christian festival in the United Kingdom, will feature Muslim worship for the first time this year. The decision by organizers of the annual festival — which began more than 40 years ago as a gathering that drew about 1,500 young people — has […]

The post RNS: UK’s Biggest Christian Festival to Showcase Islam appeared first on .

View the full article

• Administrators

What a wonderful age we live in, such diversity and yet harmony among religions. Golly gee, I have an idea, why not just invite Muslim clerics to preach and teach in our churches too. That would really go a long way toward showing just how wrong us and our ancestors have been about:  Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 
 12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

• Members

I believe that Greenbelt was founded by charismatics when the house church movement was in full swing.

I remember well over 20 years ago looking through books in a London "Christian" used book store.  I came across one entitled Charismatic Renewal.  It had chapters on "Charismatic Renewal". in various church groups, and one chapter was about "Charismatic Renewal" amongst the Muslims.