• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Berean Call

• Members
On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:22 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

I would certainly hope not Bob. My understanding is that Trevor Baker is a CCM proponent and at least one of the speakers is a Community Church man. Certainly no place for an Independent Baptist.

There is no biblical contradiction between being an "independent Baptist" and listening to occasional ministry from the Berean Call.

However,  seeing it causes you such serious offence for me, as an "independent Baptist", to listen to such a ministry, it would be better for me to withdraw from this forum.

Adieu. 

• Administrators

Bro. Bob, perhaps you misunderstood, or I made my reply too short. I am not offended at all, neither by you or the post you made. I was just trying, in my simple way to show that CCM music and especially the Community Church denomination is not something that Baptists should partake in or even expose themselves to.

There has been a lot posted on this forum in regard to CCM music, as well as Community Church type organizations like John MacArthur promotes. Just do a search on the forum for both things and you may see why I said what I said.

Please don't leave because of my reply, I meant no disrespect to you and was certainly not offended by you or your post.

• Members
On 8/26/2017 at 2:59 PM, Bob from England said:

The Berean Call conference is going on, at present, in Oregon.  Has anyone been following this?

https://www.thebereancall.org/conference

Hi Bob,

I've been following The Berean Call Ministry (started by the late Dave Hunt and T. A. McMahon) for more than a decade.  I livestream their conferences, but I have listened to only one (T. A. McMahon speaking on The Perfect Storm, Part 1) message of the present conference.  As with any ministry, we need to be biblical Bereans (Acts 17:11).....checking out what they teach and preach with Scripture. 

Edited by LindaR

• Members
7 hours ago, Invicta said:

Bob, if you are sill around I understand your church is inducting a new pastor later this month, I hope to get down there, but I can't promise.

I should have said Next Month.