• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

So Send I You

• Members

“Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.” (John 20:21)

For approximately three years the disciples had followed Jesus in His travels, had listened to His teaching, and participated in His ministry. They had forsaken “all, and followed him” (Luke 5:11).... More...w-4EptzARh4

View the full article

• Members

I appreciate Dr. Morris' devotion on John 20:21.

Dr. Morris pointed out, "We are now prepared to fully appreciate the words of our text. It is as if Jesus said, as my Father has sent me, so I send you, and look what they’ve done to me. But even though suffering and hardship will follow, have no fear. My peace and my Holy Spirit will be with you to assure your ultimate victory (compare verses 21-22).

If we would be His disciples, sent out as He was sent out to accomplish His eternal work here on Earth in His physical absence, we must likewise expect persecution, peace, power, and victory. JDM"

The apostles knew what they were getting into and still kept on persevering through tremendous obstacles, persecutions, lying, and being cast off and forsaken by the religious crowd. The apostles knew the price that they had to bear and what carrying a cross really meant.

Alan