• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bible College

• Administrators

Let's start a discussion for those of you that went to Bible College. Here are a few questions for you to answer. Feel free to copy and paste with our answers.

1. What Bible College did you attend?
  2. Did you graduate? What was your Major
  3. What years did you attend?
  4. What did you like best about the college?
  5. What did you least like about the college?
  6. Would you recommend that school now?
  7. In your opinion, did the school properly train you for the ministry?

3-reasons-to-consider-starting-a-bible-college-on-the-mission-field012913_4.jpg

• Administrators
  1. What Bible College did you attend? Fairhaven Baptist College 
  2. Did you graduate? What was your Major? Yes /  Pastoral Theology
  3. What years did you attend? 1991 - 1995
  4. What did you like best about the college? I liked the fact that I received a lot of hands on training from the church. Street preaching to Bus ministry I did it all.
  5. What did you least like about the college? I though they treated us students too child like. I don't mind rules, but though some of them was for elementary kids.
  6. Would you recommend that school now? IDK. There has been a lot of changes so I'd have to do research to see where they stand now.
  7. In your opinion, did the school properly train you for the ministry? Yes they did. The only area I felt they didn't was they had too many young teachers that just graduated. 

• Members

1. What Bible College did you attend?

Fundamental Baptist Bible College. 

2. Did you graduate? What was your Major

Yes. N/A BaTh

3. What years did you attend?

1995 - 1998

4. What did you like best about the college?

Taught by local, on the ground, missionaries and Pastors

5. What did you least like about the college?

Isolated - Western Australia is  loooooong way from anywhere, so I didn't get to know a lot od other pastors

6. Would you recommend that school now?

Folded years ago now.

7. In your opinion, did the school properly train you for the ministry?

As much as a small Bible College can.

I tell people that I learned so much in three years at Bible college, but so much more in the next three years as a training associate, and so much in the time since.

There is so much that can't be taught, only learned.........

Edited by DaveW

• Members

Dave said, "I tell people that I learned so much in three years at Bible college, but so much more in the next three years as a training associate, and so much in the time since.

There is so much that can't be taught, only learned........." There is nothing else I can add as Dave said it all.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Hi BroMatt,

I went to an Apostolic Bible College in New Zealand in the `80`s. It was open to other denominations also. I have`majored` in eschatology since then by follow up teaching in Australia. I have found that it has served me well - discussing on forums  and in life situations. The people I meet are very interested in what God`s word says regarding our world and thus I believe I have been well equipped to serve the Lord in this area.  

regards, Marilyn.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
  1. What Bible College did you attend? Master's Baptist College (Fargo, North Dakota)
  2. Did you graduate? What was your Major  2018, Church Secretarial
  3. What years did you attend? 2015-2018
  4. What did you like best about the college? They have practical classes so you can get a good taste on what the ministry will really be like, the pastors at the church really invest in the students
  5. What did you least like about the college? They operate like a large college, instead of a smaller college (not necessarily wrong, I had just wanted to go to a college with a smaller college atmosphere.)
  6. Would you recommend that school now? Yes
  7. In your opinion, did the school properly train you for the ministry? I will be graduating this year, and while I believe that the school is doing its best to adequately train its students in every way, I think that there are things in life/ ministry that you will have to learn by experience

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
  1. What Bible College did you attend? Heartland Baptist Bible College
  2. Did you graduate? What was your Major? Yes. Missions at first but switched to Pastoral.
  3. What years did you attend? 2002-2008
  4. What did you like best about the college? They were strong on Biblical doctrines, KJV, Baptist Faith, and many of the teachers were long time (current and retired) piratical ministers in their field of teaching.
  5. What did you least like about the college? They operate too much like a secular college, over emphasized the one year bible certificate, they started hiring their best graduates just after they graduated and used non-baptist martial for some of the classes (every book except the KJV bible had a disclaimer from the college in it).
  6. Would you recommend that school now? Yes. Its still useful for finding a good wife and networking. :laugh: 
  7. In your opinion, did the school properly train you for the ministry? In some ways they did but in some practical ways they did not. I personally feel that I would have been better served to learn a trade while training under a local pastor rather than going to a college. As I consider the college format in general, in light of the biblical methods, I do not think its the best way to train men for the ministry.
Edited by John Young

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:00 PM, BroMatt said:

Let's start a discussion for those of you that went to Bible College. Here are a few questions for you to answer. Feel free to copy and paste with our answers.

1. What Bible College did you attend? Pensacola Christian College
  2. Did you graduate? What was your Major? - Bible
  3. What years did you attend? - 88-93
  4. What did you like best about the college? Went there for the beaches. God used Bible Conference to bring me to surrender
  5. What did you least like about the college? Rules were awful
  6. Would you recommend that school now? Yes, but not for ministry
  7. In your opinion, did the school properly train you for the ministry? - No

3-reasons-to-consider-starting-a-bible-college-on-the-mission-field012913_4.jpg

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Pastorj said:

What did you least like about the college? Rules were awful

Lol. I feel the same way about my college. I'm not sure what rules you had or are referring to, but as a parent now of a Bible College Kid I'm kinda glad some of those rules are there.

• Members
2 hours ago, BroMatt said:

Lol. I feel the same way about my college. I'm not sure what rules you had or are referring to, but as a parent now of a Bible College Kid I'm kinda glad some of those rules are there.

My daughter went to PCC. They are no longer kids and shouldn't have to live by rules that parents have for teenagers. At some point, they have to make adult decisions and I would prefer that to be in college, rather than afterwards. But I understand, parents worry.

• Members
On 5/18/2018 at 3:04 PM, Pastorj said:

My daughter went to PCC. They are no longer kids and shouldn't have to live by rules that parents have for teenagers. At some point, they have to make adult decisions and I would prefer that to be in college, rather than afterwards. But I understand, parents worry.

I like the structure they had in place for the students.  However, the times are a changing and the rules are becoming more and more relaxed with each passing year.

• Members
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, swathdiver said:

I like the structure they had in place for the students.  However, the times are a changing and the rules are becoming more and more relaxed with each passing year.

Relaxing of the rules is not a bad thing. The rules were ridiculous for adults. Perfectly acceptable if it was a boarding school, but not for a college. When I went there, you had to have permission from the college to get married if you were under 23 and still an undergraduate. That rule is gone. Don't get me wrong, I like PCC for what they are: A liberal arts Christian College that has excellent education and nursing programs. The other programs are good, but these 2 stand out.

• Members
6 hours ago, swathdiver said:

I'm afraid the changing rules are because of carnality.  

I don't believe so. The rules that have been changed from the time I went to the time my daughter went are mostly good changes.

Now, that doesn't mean the school hasn't changed its positions on things which may or may not be a bad thing, depending on your positions.