• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A wreck with death & injuries.

• Members

I just received a phone call, a mans daughter just got killed in a wreck at an intersection between my house and town. I've know this family all of my life, he live just west of me. His daughter has been a fighter, born with a birth defect, went thru many surgeries on her back, for the last several years she has been bound to a wheel chair.

She had 4 children in her car, 3 of were her nieces, plus another child of which I don't know who he or she was.

Cassie his daughter got killed, one grand child has been air lifted to Little Rock, brain swelling in very serious condition, the helicopter is coming back for another grandchild who has brain injuries, seriousness of the other 2 are unknown at present time, but I do understand they are suffering from many injuries.

A gravel truck ran a stop sign, I understand it hit her car broadside on her side.

• Members
:sad :pray

The rock truck was going south, run thru the stop sign, Casey run into the side of it. At 1st I was told the truck hit her in the side, but not so. he car is a small midsize car, maybe a bit smaller than a Honda Accord.

This truck was hauling gravel to a place down south where they are building a new coal powered power plant.

I've been told by 3 sources, 3 rims on this truck did not have tires on them and the man had no insurance on this truck.

I might add, the 4 child that was no kin to Casey only got her wrist broken, after they fixed it up she was allowed to go home. I still understand the other 3 are still in serious condition.

I understand she will be in this funeral home, so her obituary ought to be placed here when arrangements are make if any of you would care to read it. I may be misspelling her 1st name, but I think her last name is Hill and she is about 27 years old. It seems the man she married, married her for the wrong reason, an easy ride with her father supporting him. So it did not last.

http://www.nashvillefh.com/index.cfm

I can still see Casey walking down the church aisle while using 2 crutches after she had just gotten out of the hospital from one of her many surgeries, that had to be in the mid 80's. That morning the church we attend, you had to cross a set of railroad track, a train had broken down and had the tracks blocked, we would have had to go many miles to come in to it from the back way which would have made us very ate, so we chose that morning to attend that church. Her father is a deacon there.

For the last several years she had been confined to a wheelchair, she also lived in her own house, she has always been very independent. No doubt in my mind, she had a strong constitution. I understand they were going to town for something them returning for Vacation Bible School. She has always been a good church worker.

I recall when one of her favorite uncles was rushed to the hospital, I happened to be in the hospital and heard about it. I went to the ER waiting room to see them. Casey was always the strong one. I said a prayer with them, I remember Casey hugging my neck afterwards and saying, "Its going to be alright, our Lord shall take care of everything for all of us, we have complete trust in Him, but thanks for caring enough to come by." That had to be about 1999, at that time she could still walk with the help of crutches.