• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:Some Reasons for Bible Difficulties

• Members
Some Reasons for Bible Difficulties
The Bible is God’s Word. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8-9). It is not surprising that the Bible contains things hard to be understood, because it is the revelation of the omniscient, omnipotent, eternal God. “A revelation coming down from an infinite Mind to finite minds must necessarily involve difficulties. This is true of all Christian doctrine. Take for instance the doctrine of God, or immortality, or the incarnation. There is no Christian doctrine altogether free from intellectual difficulties. ... Once we begin to reject the doctrines of Christianity because they involve some intellectual difficulty, then we shall finally reject them all. But when we have done this, when we have sought refuge in atheism, we shall find ourselves no better off than before. For the intellectual difficulties of unbelief are immensely greater than those of Christian faith. Let us settle one thing right here—we live in a universe of thought, and there is no place in this universe of thought where we can escape from all intellectual difficulties” (Alva J. McClain, The “Problems” of Verbal Inspiration ).... Read More

View the full article