• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Great signs and fearful sights in the heavens

• Members
2 hours ago, Invicta said:

The historicist teaching which I follow, believe, come of them anyway, that the mark of the beast is the Catholic sign of the cross given by the right hand on the forehead at 'baptism' and repeated every time they 'cross' themselves.  In the dark ages, no one who did not have this mark could buy and sell. Even in modern Italy, Baptist pastors say their members are sacked from their jobs and evicted from their houses, unless they return to the mother church.''

How an it be a fearful sight if no one can see it?

Which is yet another reason your view is unbiblical.....

• Members
On 8/8/2017 at 7:58 PM, Eric Stahl said:

Luke 21:10-11

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Do you think planet X could be the fearful sight?

"And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise." (Revelation 8:12). 

This is not the only fearful sight that will occur in the tribulation... in fact, the majority of the scriptural content in that chapter deals with such things. Far too much scripture to quote here. 

As for "planet x/nibiru"  there is no such thing.  There a great many wolves in sheep's clothing perpetuating these lies, deceiving the gullible. I agree with many of the brethren (above) in their opinions of those whom have started and continue to perpetuate this nonsense. Two other names come to mind: Paul Begley and Steven DeNoon, both of which produce "shock factor" videos, and are plastered all over social media (sadly). They use scare tactics to promote "survival" products.  They prey on those who do not study the Bible, and do not know scripture themselves. So much so that when claim something to be scripturally sound, the gullible and those who do not study scripture themselves, are easily deceived. There is a solution to this... when believers study scripture themselves (as we are told to do; 2 Tim.2:15), know scripture well, then they can readily recognize the false teachers and know to mark and avoid them. 

Sadly, many professing believers are Biblically illiterate these days... even though there is no excuse for this since there are hundreds of ways to access the KJV Bible... in print form, also free online KJV Bible, and even free lexicons (should  person desire to delve deep), Braille, KJV Bible apps, and audio Bibles as well (which are an excellent use of time while doing chores, etc. Listening to the KJV audio Bible). But far too many professing believers want a 5-6 word summary, a 5-10 minute sermon-ette (McChristian drive-thru style).  

Rather than waste time on the latest theory and falsehood of the day... (such as the "Blood moons", Shmita, Rev.12 sign heresy, L.A.Marzulli's phony fairy, planet x/nibiru, and hundreds of other false  teachings that pervert/twist scripture) ... the time would be much better spent in the Bible, in actual scripture, rather than mankind's take, opinion, and perversion of scripture for personal gain.  

Here is some scripture that may be helpful:

"For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." (Rom.16:18)

"
Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them." (Eph.5:6-7)

"But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived." (2 Tim.3:13)

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive" (Eph.4:14) 

Maranatha! 

• Members

Luke's fearful sights and great signs are part of the sorrows before the day of the Lord.

Revelation 8:12  I believe will be caused by Revelation 8:8 an asteroid as big as a mountain which will strike the earth. I believe it will shorten the night and the day by speeding the rotation of the earth to 16 hours per day.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I believe the troublemaker will be a planet-size object coming toward earth from parts unknown, but under God's control. As Luke quoted from Jesus, mens' hearts will fail them for fear of what they see coming upon the earth.  I mean, if it appears another planet is gonna collide with the earth, what could any human do about it???????

Also, such an object could cause all the plagues of the Revelation, I. E. the "great trib", as well as the partial obscuring of the light of the sun & moon by smoke & dust from large fires & volcanism.  Also, the known planets have many rocks & boulders orbiting them, so, if a planet approaches earth, some of them will be caused to fall upon the earth, & one of them will doubtlessly be the meteor strikes of Revelation, as well as the falling stars of Matt. 24:29-30.

And I at least partially agree with Eric's post above. Also, another planet's gravity could alter earth's rotational speed and inclination on its axis, as well as distorting the atmosphere to allow the full power of the sun's rays to come through & scorch men.

• Members
1 hour ago, robycop3 said:

I believe the troublemaker will be a planet-size object coming toward earth from parts unknown, but under God's control. As Luke quoted from Jesus, mens' hearts will fail them for fear of what they see coming upon the earth.  I mean, if it appears another planet is gonna collide with the earth, what could any human do about it???????

Also, such an object could cause all the plagues of the Revelation, I. E. the "great trib", as well as the partial obscuring of the light of the sun & moon by smoke & dust from large fires & volcanism.  Also, the known planets have many rocks & boulders orbiting them, so, if a planet approaches earth, some of them will be caused to fall upon the earth, & one of them will doubtlessly be the meteor strikes of Revelation, as well as the falling stars of Matt. 24:29-30.

And I at least partially agree with Eric's post above. Also, another planet's gravity could alter earth's rotational speed and inclination on its axis, as well as distorting the atmosphere to allow the full power of the sun's rays to come through & scorch men.

Robycop3 The blast (probably nuclear) of strangers will destroy the vail (probably the ozone layer) over the whole earth. It will burn up and roll up as a scroll.

Isaiah 25:4-7

4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

5 Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.

6 And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

• Members
On 3/9/2019 at 4:35 PM, Eric Stahl said:

Robycop3 The blast (probably nuclear) of strangers will destroy the vail (probably the ozone layer) over the whole earth. It will burn up and roll up as a scroll.

Isaiah 25:4-7

4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

5 Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.

6 And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

Sounds more like judgement day to me.

• Members
3 hours ago, Invicta said:

No the final judgement.

When the ozone layer burns the sun will burn the earth.

Revelation 16:8-9

8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

Isaiah 30:25-26

25 And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Now, why do I believe another planet will be the apparent cause of the disasters? First, God said He'll send strong delusion on the followers of the beast, so they won't believe, so they'll have a secular explanation for the disasters - "bad luck, poor karma", etc.  Second, meteors, comets, eclipses, etc. are not unusual sights & are not fear-inspiring to most people. The signs/sights in the sky will be quite unusual. Also, Jesus said the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. This begs the question, "What is meant by 'powers of the heavens'?" Those "powers" are the apparent courses celestial objects follow in the sky, including the regular rising/setting of the sun, etc. Another planet's approach would alter earth's rotation on its axis and also the axial tilt. 

This has happened before, as it's been proven that the year was once only 360 days long, from both Scripture & secular records worldwide.

Edited by robycop3
typos

• Members
1 hour ago, robycop3 said:

Now, why do I believe the year was once only 360 days long.. This begs the question, cause of the disasters? 

First, God said strone.

I believe This will be quite unusual. 

This has happened before.

including the regular rising/setting for the disasters -

it's been proven

What is meant by 'powers of the heavens'?"

they'll have a secular explanation

meteors, comets, eclipses, bad luck, poor karma", etc.

The signs/sights in the sky will be the regular rising/setting of the sun

Those are your words, and that's what I believe you said, and my audience wants to hear it.

• Members

The ancient peoples didn't miscalculate the length of the year by 5 1/4 days. had they done so, their agricultural seasons would be off by a month in only 5 years.

Seems the year & month were made into their current lengths in the time of Hezekiah, late 700s BC when God caused the sun to move retrograde for a time.(2 kings 20:11) This event was noted in China as a long night. In North America, the Pawnee Indians have a legend that the sun had started to rise, but saw a hare waiting to entrap mim, so he retreated for awhile til the hare grew tired & left.  There had been about 15 years of confusion about the lengths of the year & month before that worldwide, and that's some of why the Romans had names for only ten months for awhile.(December refers to TENTH, not twelth.)

I believe  similar events will happen again, at the end of the great trib as part of the great cosmological disturbance Jesus prophesied in Matt. 24:29-30.

• Members

You do know that the Hebrews add an extra month every coupla years or so to make up for the difference between the solar year and the lunar year don't you?

And by the way, the Roman months that don't relate to their position in the year are more than December.

SEPTember - 7th - 9th month.

OCTober - 8th - 10th month.

NOvember - 9th - 11th month.

And the reason they are out of place is because of vain Ceasars, like Augustus, adding in a month for himself.....