• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Berean Call Interview: Is the Bethel School of Ministry Supernatural? with Rod Page, part 1

• Members

A Berean Call Interview: Is the Bethel School of Ministry Supernatural? with Rod Page, part 1

This interview from The Berean Call can be listened to by clicking here. Gary: Welcome to Search the Scriptures 24/7, featuring T. A. McMahon, a radio ministry of The Berean Call. I’m Gary Carmichael. We’re glad you could join us. In today’s program, Tom is joined by his guest, Rod Page, as they address the […]

The post A Berean Call Interview: Is the Bethel School of Ministry Supernatural? with Rod Page, part 1 appeared first on .

View the full article

• Administrators

Yet another article from Light House trails that has absolutely nothing to do with IFB or any kind of Baptist church. It is instead, about new movements in Community Churches as well as various Charismatic churches.

When Lighthouse Trails talks about "The Church", it becomes obvious that they are Universal Church minded, because to them "The Church" is composed of anything that remotely resembles a church.

With every passing day I become more convinced that this organization is either non-denominational, inter-denominational, or both. They have no clue as to what constitutes a real New Testament Church.   :4_14_202:

• Moderators

Lighthouse Trails never claims to be IFB.  They publish warnings on contemplative mysticism across the spectrum - and I for one really appreciate their thorough warnings on that particular topic. The evangelical churches need to be warned about this as much as we do.

• Administrators

Sister Salyan, I do realize that they are not and do not claim to be IFB. I was speaking to the relevance of the information they publish for us as IFB. Their stand is totally in the realm of Universal Church, and when they write about "The Church" they seem to indicate the problems they write about are a danger to "The Church". I, for one, am not a part of that so called church.

The true church as an institution is in the world today and perfectly capable of rejecting false  doctrine through the guidance of The Holy Spirit. They just seem to me to be another para-church organization doing their own thing, while completely ignoring the true NT churches as well as their stand for the truth.

1Tim 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

I don't question their motives or concern for their own people; I just don't see the need for Independent Baptists to be concerned about what goes on in Non-denominational or Inter-denominational organizations.

My reply is not meant to be argumentative with you sister, it is just one of my pet dislikes I guess.  I just have little to no sympathy in instances of the pot calling the kettle black. But then again, I am old and set in my ways.

• Members

I doubt if they ever were Baptist.  They used to support a forum by a woman named Fether, I can't remember  her first name.  She was a feminist and when I mentioned baptism, she said it was for the new testament only and didn't apply today.