• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:Is God Finished With Israel?

• Members
Is God Finished With Israel?
We are told by many that God is finished with Israel, that she has been replaced with the church, and that the church is Zion, and the earthly Jerusalem has been replaced with the heavenly Jerusalem.
We have long been told this by covenant theologians who follow the “church fathers” that devised this view. Now we are hearing replacement theology taught by some Independent Baptists.
In the video Marching to Zion , Steven Anderson teaches that Israel today, the Israel that returned to the land and established a modern state, is not the Israel of the Bible. Rather, God is finished with the nation Israel and New Testament believers are the “true Israel.... Read More

View the full article

• Members
4 hours ago, Invicta said:

Were the Apostles Israel?

The Apostles were Israelites.

But no, of course they were not Israel.

Did you read the article? It clearly points out the ridiculous and unscriptural nature of the argument that says God is done with Israel.

• Members
9 hours ago, DaveW said:

The Apostles were Israelites.

But no, of course they were not Israel.

Did you read the article? It clearly points out the ridiculous and unscriptural nature of the argument that says God is done with Israel.

Yes I did read the article.  I do not accept that the church has replaced Israel. I had never heard that until We went to a certain Baptist Church I didn't accept it then and I don't now.  I don't think I heard it again till I came on OB.  However I am not sure the your position is correct, either.  I believe that 'all Israel' means Israel.  All Israel will be saved, means what it says. But how are people saved?   By believing in Jesus for there is salvation in no other.

• Members

This message preached by Pastor Marc Monte (Faith Baptist Church, Avon, IN) on 2/25/2007, "Jews, Gentiles, and the Kingdom of God", speaks for itself.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=22507215818

Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Romans 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Romans 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Romans 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Romans 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

No...God is not finished with Israel.