• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 51st State of the US is~~

• Members

For all practical purposes Israel is America’s 51st State.

The US gives Israel 10’s of $billions of dollars each year and yet

American Citizen’s did not vote for this.

What’s up?

The US could pay off its national debt with this money.

I think it is time for a national vote on this.

Either we bring in Israel as our 51st State and they pay their fair share

or we stop the $billions in handouts.

How do you vote-?

• Administrators

The US government gives billions to many countries, not just Israel.

A national vote would actually be a referendum, and that is not constitutional. Better thing to do is vote in statesmen who understand that it is not the responsibility of the US government to send monies to other countries.

As I said, Israel is not the only country to which we send money. So let's not single Israel out...

And, if there is ever a 51st state, it will likely be Puerto Rico or another one of our territories.

• Members

My vote is for Genesis 12:3

Just now, HappyChristian said:

The US government gives billions to many countries, not just Israel.

A national vote would actually be a referendum, and that is not constitutional. Better thing to do is vote in statesmen who understand that it is not the responsibility of the US government to send monies to other countries.

As I said, Israel is not the only country to which we send money. So let's not single Israel out...

And, if there is ever a 51st state, it will likely be Puerto Rico or another one of our territories.

I think we should trade California off for PR

• Members

When you said Calexit I thought you meant Calais Exit, till I read on.  That would help solve our migrant crisis, if we got Calais back. We could have a fence round Calais as we did in the past.  It was called the Pale.  Those on the other side of the fence were "beyond the Pale"  which is where the saying that somebody is "beyond the pale" comes from.

• Members

I always thought Cuba would be our 51st state.  Definitely let California leave the union, let them try and live their utopian dreams on their own dime!  Same for the 4 boroughs in New York.  The people will either wise up or will start annexing their neighbors to steal their wealth.

• Members

Surely USA's spending on South Korea comes close to Israel, maybe even more? And NATO, i.e. Europe. Most of all would be USA's spending in the two world wars.

1 hour ago, swathdiver said:

Definitely let California leave the union, let them try and live their utopian dreams on their own dime!

According to the interwebs, California is one of those states that does pay its own way.

• Administrators

Hahaha - you wish, Al. :23_29_132: Then you could call yourself a Yankee, right? hehehe

Regarding CA paying its own way - the state is actually about bankrupt. The people of that state have foolishly elected a number of idiotic governors whose goals have seemed to be to destroy the state. And it looks to be happening. IL is another one that is facing bankruptcy. I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist when I say this, but I do believe it's a planned problem. Because, you see, in the climate in which we now live, if a state goes bankrupt the federal government will likely "bail" it out (using tax dollars from people in other states). Thus solidifying complete federal control over that state. 

This year, the planned federal budget for "foreign aid" is 42.3 billion dollars.  Israel gets $3,100,000,000 of that. There is no monies planned for S. Korea. The US does spend money there, but it would be in the form of paying the military who are stationed there. Monies that the troops spend while there helps the S Korean economy, to be sure, but S Korea is doing pretty well economically on its own.

Afghanistan - you know, that place where the US is still fighting - will get $4,704,400,000...more than Israel.  The muslim countries are determined to wipe Israel off the map. If you look at the monies that the US sends to a large chunk of the muslim world, it's mind-blowing. The American tax-payers are funding the countries whose citizens want to destroy us. It's mind-boggling, to put it mildly.

Here's a link to the FY 2017 foreign aid map. http://www.foreignassistance.gov/explore

• Members
27 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

Hahaha - you wish, Al. :23_29_132: Then you could call yourself a Yankee, right? hehehe

Regarding CA paying its own way - the state is actually about bankrupt. The people of that state have foolishly elected a number of idiotic governors whose goals have seemed to be to destroy the state. And it looks to be happening. IL is another one that is facing bankruptcy. I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist when I say this, but I do believe it's a planned problem. Because, you see, in the climate in which we now live, if a state goes bankrupt the federal government will likely "bail" it out (using tax dollars from people in other states). Thus solidifying complete federal control over that state. 

This year, the planned federal budget for "foreign aid" is 42.3 billion dollars.  Israel gets $3,100,000,000 of that. There is no monies planned for S. Korea. The US does spend money there, but it would be in the form of paying the military who are stationed there. Monies that the troops spend while there helps the S Korean economy, to be sure, but S Korea is doing pretty well economically on its own.

Afghanistan - you know, that place where the US is still fighting - will get $4,704,400,000...more than Israel.  The muslim countries are determined to wipe Israel off the map. If you look at the monies that the US sends to a large chunk of the muslim world, it's mind-blowing. The American tax-payers are funding the countries whose citizens want to destroy us. It's mind-boggling, to put it mildly.

Here's a link to the FY 2017 foreign aid map. http://www.foreignassistance.gov/explore

I don't doubt that.

Hahaha - you wish, Al. 

:23_29_132: Then you could call yourself a Yankee, right? hehehe

I wouldn't wish that on anybody bro. Just move on down here with us, Al, and be a Southern Gentleman.

• Members

The other thing to consider is what impact Israel has on US technology. 

Military tech from Israel to the US is considerable. (Not it physical equipment but in R&D).

In their case it is not a one way street by any stretch.

• Members

The US is blessed by supporting Israel (Genesis 12 v 3) and I say that as a Brit.  I truly wish the UK would support Israel but there is a great deal of anti-Semitism in the UK.

When the shameful vote took place in the UN last December the US abstained (due to Obama stepping in and stopping the veto, wicked man) but Britain's action was even worse by voting against Israel.  This is due to people like Alan Duncan, a foreign office minister (and a sodomite) who has a strong anti-Israel bias.