• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

faith12777

Faithful Baptist college

I've looked into their courses.  The courses do teach the false doctrine of Briderism (and other false doctrines)
I had signed up for the courses online a couple years ago.  When I saw what they were teaching, I dismissed myself from their courses.  I'd rather eat broken glass than to subscribe to Warner's Briderism (and other false doctrines)

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

A local church has the discretion to require scriptural baptism of its members. Baptism is not necessary for salvation, but it is a first step in Christian growth.  This statement does not make them briders. I'm not saying they aren't; I'm just saying that statement doesn't make them so. Had they said the person baptized HAS to have been baptized in a Baptist church there would be more evidence of briderism.

@No Nicolaitans, could you let us know how you know they are briders? Thanks.

In his article, "How Different are INtependent Baptist's from other Churches?" David Warner writes:

"BAPTISM
1. Non-regenerative: It is done after salvation. It is soley symbolic. Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. [Lutherans,Methodists,etc err]
2. Membership Door: One must submit to proper church baptism in order to be a member of one of the Lord’s churches. (Acts 2:41; 8:36-38) [Charismatics, Lutherans, Methodists, Presbyterians, etc]
3. Baptist Only: Baptist only baptism is accepted for church membership. (Mt 21:23+; 28:18-20) Matt 21:23-25 And when he was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching, and said, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority? And Jesus answered and said unto them, I also will ask you one thing, which if ye tell me, I in like wise will tell you by what authority I do these things. The baptism of John, whence was it? from heaven, or of men? [even most Baptists err here]

The Methodist articles were based on those of the English Church (Episcopalian) . . . Concerning the articles of the English Church, to which he belonged, we find John Wesley writing as follows (Sermons, London, 1872, Vol. 2, sermon 45, p. 74): "It is certain our church supposes that all who are baptized in their infancy are at the same time born again; and it is allowed that the whole office of the baptism of infants proceeds on this supposition."
Lutheran dogma is expressed by their founder in the Augsburg Confession as follows: "Concerning baptism, they teach that it is necessary to salvation . . . and condemn the Anabaptists, who hold . . . that infants can be saved without it." (Neander, History of Christian Dogmas, Vol. 2, p. 693).
Presbyterians: “Being washed with the water of Baptism, Christians received new life in Christ and presented their bodies to be living sacrifices to God.” (Book of Order W-1.3033.1)"

And from their "Statement of Faith":

BAPTISM

The Scriptures teach that Christian baptism is the single immersion backwards in water of a born-again believer in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost (Mt 3:6; Mk 1:10; Jn 3:23; Acts 8:36-38; Col 2:12); to show forth in a solemn and beautiful emblem our identification with the crucified, buried and risen Savior, it pictures our death to sin and resurrection to a new life (Mt 3:16; 28:18-20; Jn 3:23; Acts 8:36-39; Ro 6:3-5; Gal 3:26,27; 1Co 15:1-3; Col 2:12; 1Pe 3:21); that baptism has no merit in salvation (baptismal regeneration); that it is prerequisite to the privileges of church membership; that baptism is to be performed under the authority and approval of one of the Lord’s churches (i.e. unapostated Baptist churches); that those baptized differently than previously stated, should not be received into the membership, but instead should submit to scriptural baptism; and further, that “open” baptism (non-Baptist and apostated Baptist) and “infant” baptism are to be wholly rejected (Mt 28:19,20, Act 2:41, Jn 3:27, Mk 11:30).

[Acts 2:41; 8:12,13, 26-39; 9:17,18; 10:25,26,44-48; 16:14,15,25-37; 18:7-11; Mt 3:1-16; 21:24,25; Jn 3:22,23; 4:1,2; Gal 3:27,28; Ro 6:4; Col 2:12; I Pe 3:15,20,21; II Sa 23:22,23; Pv 20:11]

source: 
http://www.faithfulbaptistcollegestation.com/statement-of-faith.html

31 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

A local church has the discretion to require scriptural baptism of its members. Baptism is not necessary for salvation, but it is a first step in Christian growth.  This statement does not make them briders. I'm not saying they aren't; I'm just saying that statement doesn't make them so. Had they said the person baptized HAS to have been baptized in a Baptist church there would be more evidence of briderism.

@No Nicolaitans, could you let us know how you know they are briders? Thanks.

To make a long story short, the pastor eventually told me that he was. I also was told by an acquaintance (who graduated from the college and was pursuing his Master's there) that they were Briders. My acquaintance wasn't a Brider, but he enjoyed the classes.

Based upon my own personal knowledge and interaction with the pastor, I will retract my previous statement of "They are Briders", and I'll amend it as...

The pastor is a Brider.

4 hours ago, Standing Firm In Christ said:

One thing that they teach that is wrong, " A church is an organized assembly of scripturally baptized believers called out to do the Lord's work according to the New Testament." 

Nowhere does the Bible say that the Church is only comprised of baptized believers.

This sounds like an issue of semantics rather than doctrinal issue, but I don't know these guys.

Thanks, No Ni - his verbal assurance to you pretty much says it all, eh?

SFIC, thanks for posting those - I did glance through the statement of faith but missed the part re: his definition of open baptism. And the excerpt from his article makes it clear as well.

BaptistJon - it does sound like semantics when that is the only quote used. But if you read the other quotes, it becomes clear that the pastor at least is a brider. Not to mention his verbal assurance to No Nicolaitans.