• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

3D Printing

• Members

Been itching to try this out for awhile now, and finally broke down and ordered one. The real fun will be in assembling it piece by piece and hopefully I can get my grandson involved. We'll see.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/P802MA-Large-Size-Precision-home-DIY-i3-3D-Printer-Self-assembl-Card-material/192039421176?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Members

Wow!!!! Modern technology is getting more sophisticated. Or, should I say complicated? :3531a34faafcd3d5ab8749a94f57319e:

Hope you the best. I am sure that it will help your business.M3-1_03

I noticed that the front of the Instruction Manual is written in "Simplified Chinese." That means that it was made in Mainland or Communist China and not Taiwan.

Also, I noticed that it makes chess pieces. Any chess players out there in OLB land????

Alan

• Members

Yes, I b uy a lot of CNC parts directly from the "PRC". They make good stuff and most are super good to deal with.

1 hour ago, BroMatt said:

That looks awesome. Let us know how it work outs for you after you played with it.

Thanks, It should be fun, no kidding about that.

I work with CNC for a living and have already designed and built a CNC hotwire machine for use in my business.  I use a 3 axis CNC router to machine my plastic and metal parts but Is relatively limited as to what it can do. This 3D printer has round linear rails and bearing blocks for axis guides. It also has both lead screw and timing belt power transmission driven by stepper motors, all of which I'm familiar with. The electronics are pretty straightforward as well. But what I'm not familiar with is the heated material depositing mechanism on this type device. I will be able to study the material depositing thingy on this one and design a larger one. I just thought it would be neat if I got my grandson interested in robotics too. If he doesn't, no sweat.

• Members
7 hours ago, heartstrings said:

Yes, I b uy a lot of CNC parts directly from the "PRC". They make good stuff and most are super good to deal with.

Thanks, It should be fun, no kidding about that.

I work with CNC for a living and have already designed and built a CNC hotwire machine for use in my business.  I use a 3 axis CNC router to machine my plastic and metal parts but Is relatively limited as to what it can do. This 3D printer has round linear rails and bearing blocks for axis guides. It also has both lead screw and timing belt power transmission driven by stepper motors, all of which I'm familiar with. The electronics are pretty straightforward as well. But what I'm not familiar with is the heated material depositing mechanism on this type device. I will be able to study the material depositing thingy on this one and design a larger one. I just thought it would be neat if I got my grandson interested in robotics too. If he doesn't, no sweat.

You have lost me here.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

I know the biggest issue with these is the cost of resin, but as I assume you will be using it as part of your business, you will be able to recover that.

The early ones gave a fairly rough finish, but noe they are pretty amazing.

Have fun.

• Members

1 hour ago, DaveW said:

I know the biggest issue with these is the cost of resin, but as I assume you will be using it as part of your business, you will be able to recover that.

The early ones gave a fairly rough finish, but noe they are pretty amazing.

Have fun.

Thanks Dave. Yes, the cheapest I found for a 1 kg spool was $12.34 for some green. I also bought a spool of 1 kg blue but the cheapest I found for that was $14.99, So I can see how it can get pricey pretty quick.

2 hours ago, Invicta said:

You have los me here.

If you got into it you might be hooked. :)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well, the printer(parts) came in, and my Grandson and I began assembling it at the kitchen table. I finished it up, wired it, and loaded the control software on my laptop but it would not communicate with the machine. Seems the software was configured to load the driver(a separate program) into Windows 7 only; Why I have no idea. So I had to download a copy of the driver from a website and install it manually. The trick was in corresponding with the folks in China, who only check their email late at night.......from our perspective.......and through a lot of not-so-good English and most of the instructions they sent in Chinese characters, I finally obtained the right driver. It's working fine now. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDe1jx4CeBE

Edited by heartstrings