• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why is Steven Anderson hated?

• Members
20 minutes ago, DaveW said:
53 minutes ago, DaveW said:

You are obviously a fan.

Fact is that he presents his ministry as a big one when it is not as big as he presents it.

This is deceitful. 

Fact is, he attacks good men, and encourages his people to attack good men, and he/they do so without evidence and proof. I personally know of one man who has been called a false teacher publicly  (youtube) but the accusations against him are false.

Fact is, he often presents unbinlical arguments and attitudes to the wider public, thereby opening all independent baptists up to criticism.

Fact is, his attitude in general is not God honouring.

Fact is, of 20,000 claimed saved (over how long, I don't know) there shoild be more than 30 or so in evidence. Something is clearly going wrong in this "mighty work".

We are not talking a small discrepancy, but a VASTLY DISJOINTED representation. 20,000 to 30 or so in evidence?

This is aside from his clearly unbiblical doctrines in many areas, for which he should be censured.

So, deceitful, false doctrines, ungodly attitudes...... which of these should we overlook?

Now then, for my part, I rarely comment publicaly on this man, although I do warn my church people to avoid him, but that is part of my job.

Youre correct I am a fan. I, like 1000's of others, was saved by his youtube videos. 

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Matthew24 said:

I mean more than half of IFB preachers dont even go soul winning 

That hasn't been the case with the ones I've personally known.

With over 9000 U.S. churches listed as IB and many of them having several preachers (you didn't say pastors) in them, who did the survey for this statistic?

• Members

Yep, that really shows His love for the lost, that you spoke of in your opening post..........

You really should be careful about blindly following a man - any man........

You totally ignore any kind of criticism against him, accuse us of "hating him", which isn't true - many of here warn against him, but that is not the same as hating.

Hating is what he preaches in that video posted - and notably without any Scripture references in that portion - I don't know about the rest of the "message".

Hating is what moves him to viciously attack with false accusations against other Independent Baptist Preachers.

The Bible is absolutely plain that homosexuality is sinful, but it is also plain that like any other, those sinners need to trust Christ for salvation, and repent of that sin - and the other sins in their life.

And before you attack me for "adding repentance to salvation" or some other rubbish, note the order I stated it in......

There is a clear difference between what he does, which is full of hateful speech and could easily be characterised as brawling speech, and what someone like Lighthouse trails or David Cloud does.

They warn with evidence and proof against false teachers wherever they find them, but this guy rants with hateful speech.

There is nothing of humility about him. There is nothing of the love of God about him.

And his "love for the lost" only extends as far as what he deems to be the "worthy lost" - he condemns those he considers to be unworthy with the utmost hatred - as displayed in that video.

Is he all bad? No, I have his video defending the KJV - it is largely a good production, with good information.

But his bad doctrinal positions are well known.

His love for attention and controversy are well known.

The disconnect between his claims of people saved, and ANY level of like fruit points to deceitfulness. (20,000 'saved' over who knows how long, and a church of easily less than 100 if you examine that video above.) Even if these people had gone to different churches rather than to his, there should be a boom in church attendance in the region, and there just isn't.

Just be careful about putting any man on a pedestal - and this man is rightly to be criticised.

• Administrators

Here is my thoughts on the matter. Steve Anderson is a pastor of a church that I'm not a member of, so for me, what he does in his NT local church is really none of my business. He has to give an answer to God someday. Now if someone wants to talk about doctrine, I'll talk doctrine by comparing Scripture. 

Do I think Anderson sees out attention, yes. Do I think I could ever be part of his church? No. Do I think sometimes he goes overboard and purposely try to be controversial? Yes.

These are things he had to answer to God something for. I have enough to worry about in my NT church, and  I don't have the time to worry about what is going on in his church.

Posted from my phone, so my apologies if something does not make sense. ?

• Members

This man has:
• Spread blatant false witness against multiple brethren
• Cursed people
• Desired for people to burn in hell
• Handled truth deceitfully
• Sown discord among brethren
• Stirred up strife
• Caused contention
• Caused division in churches
• Slandered and Libeled men of God
• Preached presumptions

>> I have video evidence for many of the above, and I have written or image evidence of all others, and I also have a multitude of testimonies from many other brethren who will attest to the same.

I can prove what I am saying.

That list is pretty serious, and every one of them is easily proven true. Some of those things are abominations to God. In fact, in the OT God calls for the death of those who are guilty of at least one of them.

Anderson is not a blameless man of God who sincerely preaches the truth. 

He is a deceiver and the truth is not in that man.

Nevertheless, I do not hate the man. I stand strongly against his evil works, but I do not hate the man.

• Members
On 7/31/2017 at 7:12 PM, Matthew24 said:

So I guess Anderson is supposed to force people to come to church, get baptized, and teach them. The numbers of people that truly get saved is irrelevant, the point is they are putting in the work that most are failing to do. Only criticism comes from the brethren and accusing them of not presenting the gospel correctly...like they just walk up quote john 3:16 and ask them to pray.

They may be putting in some work, but based on the manifestions in his life, it's the work of the flesh. He can do more damage to the kingdom by false conversions than if he would just stay home and do nothing at all.

How many two-fold children of hell might be running around because they prayed a prayer and were told they were saved. At 100 per week from just one man, I fear the answer to that question.

Matthew 23:13, 15, 27-28

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

-----

I listed my reasons for why I mark Anderson and avoid him. He is not a blameless man of God. He is a deceiver.

• Members
On 7/31/2017 at 10:06 PM, Matthew24 said:

I'm glad to meet another fan. I've been saved for 20 years and had been a pretty lame Christian for most of that time. After watching After the Tribulation on YouTube nearly four years ago I have really grown. Since then I've been able to meet up with like-minded Believers and we go  soulwinning every Sunday. It's been great. If you're close by you should come to the soulwinning marathon in Jacksonville Florida this weekend, August 6th. I'll be there.

• Members

Faithful Word accidentally gives the gospel to more homos than the people that say hes wrong for hating them. Romans 1 clearly says that God made them that way. I could say that the preachers that the preachers who love homos hate hindu's and muslims, because they are destroying their testimony to them. It is still illegal in many places. Do you think its a coincidence that we just now started siding with the world on this issue? Like, christians of the past didnt understand, but now we finally understand that we should love them.

• Members
14 minutes ago, Matthew24 said:

Faithful Word accidentally gives the gospel to more homos than the people that say hes wrong for hating them. Romans 1 clearly says that God made them that way. I could say that the preachers that the preachers who love homos hate hindu's and muslims, because they are destroying their testimony to them. It is still illegal in many places. Do you think its a coincidence that we just now started siding with the world on this issue? Like, christians of the past didnt understand, but now we finally understand that we should love them.

You could say that, but then your foundation for rationality will go out the window. Your comment makes little sense:

• Any believer who sincerely loves and obeys God will deliver the gospel to EVERY CREATURE, as commanded.

— Anderson will not even try to win someone in the gay community because he thinks they cannot be saved.

• The fact that you used his "accidental witness" to try to shame others for not witnessing is insane.

— Deal with the fact that his witness to them was an accident first, then we can move on to other people, which are not currently the topic at hand.

• For you to claim that obeying our Lord's command will destroy our testimony to a Hindu or Muslim, you apparently do not understand that God didn't command us to worry about reputation, He commanded us to take the gospel to every creature. Jesus worried a lot about his reputation to the Pharisee's, right? He avoided certain sinners so as not to offend the Sanhedrin, right? Oh. No, the Jesus of the Bible made himself of no reputation and set out to heal the broken. All of them.

— The BIBLICAL reaction to that command is that we are DEMONSTRATING our faithful obedience to Christ by obeying His command to love all others as He loved us; that is the mark of His disciples. Where do we see that love for others in Anderson's rhetoric?

Your support for Anderson is not based on a faithful adherence to Scriptural truth, but rather is in spite of serious Scriptural warnings about men like him.

A discerning believer will not be blind to such serious error. 

Edited by Joshua Agan

• Members
On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, MatthewDiscipleOfGod said:

I and many don't hate Anderson but are not afraid to rebuke his false teachings. Anderson teaches homosexuals can't repent and be saved. This is contrary to the Bible (1 Corinthians 6:9-11). He denies things such as the Holocaust. His followers use profanity on a regular basis when someone disagrees with Anderson. Anderson gets into petty fights with people such as Sam Gipp. Anderson needs a good dose of Matthew 5:9-12, Matthew 5:38-48 and Galatians 5:22-24. They may say they save 100 per week but where is the fruit? In the Bible converts were added to the church. Saying a prayer doesn't save anyone if there is no belief in the words of that prayer.

Steven Anderson uses profanity?
You sound like you been listening to Bryan Dillinger too much!

Sorry. Liar. "Whore", "Piss", "Bastard"? Are those the words you are referring to? 
Those are bible words. 

Edited by Shawn Barnish

• Members
25 minutes ago, Shawn Barnish said:

Steven Anderson uses profanity?
You sound like you been listening to Bryan Dillinger too much!

Sorry. Liar. "Whore", "Piss", "Bastard"? Are those the words you are referring to? 
Those are bible words. 

Are all of these bible words? Is this how Jesus approached sinners?

When someone posted this video on Facebook, Anderson himself commented "I hate them even more than that video can express."

Love thy neighbor

Love thy enemy

Jesus directly commanded "Love others even as I have loved you." So who are we COMMANDED to hate? And who do not fall under these categories to love?

Anderson is a deceiver.