• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why were they chosen above all other?

• Members

WHY THEY WERE CHOSEN

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

(Deu 7:9 KJV) Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

((Deu 7:11 KJV) Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.

(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers:

(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

God chose them to show us the way. By example, by following His Commandments and expressing the love for the stranger as we all should love our neighbors. It is spelled out in scripture, all you have to do is read it and do it and then it will be done.

(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God

They were chosen to show us the way, to show us how to treat the stranger, how to be compassionate and loving to your neighbor and by doing so peace would envelope the world.

I ask, are they fulfilling what the Lord chose them for or not?

Speak and you will be heard

(:-

Edited by standtallornot
format

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

try holding down the [CTRL] ,<KEY> WHILE ROLLING YOUR MOUSE ROLLER UP OR DOWN

STRANGER—The term “stranger” as mentioned in the Holy Bible

(Mal 3:5 KJVAnd I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the

sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress

the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his

right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

(Deu 1:16 KJVAnd I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren,

and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

(Deu 10:19 KJVLove ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Deu 24:19 KJVWhen thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field,

thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow:

that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.

(Deu 24:20 KJVWhen thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be

for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Deu 24:21 KJVWhen thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall

be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Jer 22:3 KJVThus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of

the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow,

neither shed innocent blood in this place.

(Zec 7:10 KJVAnd oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you

imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

(Exo 22:21 KJVThou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Exo 23:9 KJVAlso thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were

strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Lev 19:34 KJVBut the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou

shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

(Lev 25:35 KJVAnd if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him:

yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

(Deu 10:18 KJVHe doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in

giving him food and raiment.

(Deu 10:19 KJVLove ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Just asking; Who were “ye”-?

Edited by standtallornot
trying to enlarge text

• Members

Stranger in the AV means foreigner.  The AV has a lot of French influence from he Norman invasion.  French language was banned i  the 1640s by Cromwell.  Stranger is from the French etranger.  As in a number of words, the French have dropped the 's' and we have dropped the 'e'.  The original word would have been estranger, foreigner.  Others that come to mind are ecole School and etat state, as in Etats Unis, United States,  They have an accent over the e to show they have dropped the s.

• Members

Why were they chosen? To bless us all.

Genesis 22

15And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, 16And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: 17That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; 18And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.