• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My heart is broken as I write this...

• Administrators

Our circle of friends and acquaintances is quite large, so we know there will be lots of reasons for prayer, times of grief, times of joy, etc.

Well, this is one of those times of grief. I just found out that a friend of ours has passed on to glory. Yes, I'm thankful he is with our Savior, but my heart breaks for his wife and children.

His wife and two of their daughters (one married, w/their first grandchild, the other probably never leaving home) were back east visiting their third daughter, who is interning at a church for the summer (helping with the children's ministries).  They arrived back home in IN this morning to find him dead. It is believed that he died some time after Thursday night. The reason is, as yet, unknown.  They have two sons, also. One married, the other not. All of their kids are adults.

I would appreciate prayer for the family. The last name is Payton. Unbeknownst to both of us until years after we had met, Mrs. Payton and I were in the same high school, the same year, in OK. She was a senior and I was a junior. Small world! The girls all worked with us in our nursing home ministry for a number of years. I taught them how to tell their first Bible stories. They are friends, they are brothers/sisters in Christ. And we hurt for them greatly. 

I thank you in advance for the prayer. I know the family will appreciate it as well.

• Administrators

God is merciful, and with time even these wounds will heal. I will be in prayer for those you requested prayer for and also for you because this obviously affects you so deeply.

Once the grief of the physical loss subsides, we and they can rejoice in the knowledge that; "  2Cor 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 

• Administrators
On 7/23/2017 at 0:30 PM, Jordan Kurecki said:

Paul Payton  sr passed?

Yes, Jordan.  It was Paul, Sr.

The autopsy is today (has to be done because he died at home). It is believed that he had a heart attack or that it was an aneurysm, but it could be related to his blood sugar. 

The funeral will be Friday.

Again, thank you for praying.