• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Anti-Christian movement stepping up in Australia

• Members

There has been a general misrepresentation of "Fundamental" and "evangelical" Christianity in Australia's media in recent times, and our "Sixty Minutes" program, which has never been above misrepresentation for the sake of sensationalism, has gotten hold of a story about a Pastor who was abusive to his wife, and have interviewed the wife and their children (adults now) and will no doubt misrepresent them.

I have only the seen the teaser add for it, but even in that they have shown one son, now a Pastor himself, as being unreasonable and walking out of the interview. 

The funny thing is that they show a clip of him saying that both his parents were in sin, and then the interviewer questions him, and they show him walking out of the interview. 

Now, I know the guy a little bit, and he has always seemed reasonable when you talk to him, so I doubt he would have walked out for no good reason. But his father also always seemed like a nice guy - but wasn't.

I also have spoken to a couple of the (adult kids) and have been told that the Father was not a good man at all, so they probably don't need to misrepresent and sensationalise, but they will.

Anyway, the upshot of all of this is that baptists in Australia are going to be attacked over this, and although we are independent, the world will just roll us all into one big ball.

Just putting it out there so that people can pray for us over here - I know it is already worse over there with some of the association with whackos calling themselves baptist.

I dunno - just feel like I want to share it. :4_12_2: