• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Plenty of Good IFB Churches, Men & Ministries

• Members

Jim Alaska,

I agree with everything that you said. When I first came on OnLine Baptist I thought, and still do think, that an internet theologian is a "know it all, "always right person." 2 Peter 2:10 says, "self-willed." These internet theologians despise IFB doctrine and will argue their erroneous teaching to the end of time; they are false teachers.

As you stated, and I agree, it seems now these false teachers are taking their nefarious ways a step further; they are creating their own websites, forums, blogs, etc..., in an effort to promote themselves and try to destroy every good pastor and church in the process.

One of the reasons why I am proceeding cautiously is that these internet theologians are spending hours each day promoting their teachings in forums, blogs, youtube videos that it is hard to keep abreast of what they are doing. Therefore, it is hard to sort through the mire of theological junk they are spewing out.

If you care to sift through the teachings  of Steve Sorenson (Sorenson is a false teacher, anti-KJV, Southern Baptist), you will find the same teachings and  false representations on Abraham and Melchizedek, and the issue of tithing, that SFIC, teaches.

These teachers are going from forum to forum teaching their pet beliefs and agendas. When you disagree with them, you are called Pharisaical, legalistic,  a cultist,  abusive, and a few other judgmental adjectives.

One thing that is common among them is that they are out to destroy traditional IFB beliefs, practices, and the local church by mis-representation, half-truths, using fallen men in the IFB ministry, etc...

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammer deleted disgruntled

• Administrators

I think your idea is quite interesting and would be beneficial, Alan. We need to be prepared, though, for those "theologians" to descend upon us - I'm sure the tech-savvy among them have a way of tracking when their names and/or pet theories are mentioned. 

• Members

I was in the process of giving detailed information on the Steve Sorenson site and showing how he, along with many other internet theologians, use false teachings, mis-use of scripture, innuendos, verbal accusations against IFB churches and pastors, the tithing issue, the KJV issue, the denominational issue, when I read his Copyright and Terms of Use (both under the 'About this Site), section. After reading the Copyright and Terms of Use notices concerning the usage of material on the site I decided, to protect myself legally, not to use any quotes or materials from his site. For those brethren who have the intestinal fortitude to stomach his accusations, falsehoods, verbal abuse, check out the site yourself and formulate your own opinion about what an 'internet theologian'  is and how they use false teachings in an attempt to destroy IFB churches and pastors.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Alan said:

Jim Alaska,

If you care to sift through the teachings  of Steve Sorenson (Sorenson is a false teacher, anti-KJV, Southern Baptist), 

Alan

Not to be confused with David Sorenson (the following taken from the website of Northstar Baptist Church):

"Dr. David Sorenson

Pastor Emeritus

Pastor Sorenson retired as pastor after 27 years of service at Northstar Baptist Church. He is a nationally respected author and speaker on topics ranging from the King James Version of the Bible to marriage and family. His books include Touch Not the Unclean Thing, God's Perfect Book, and Training Your Children to Turn Out Right! Pastor Sorenson continues to serve in itinerant preaching and as a member of the church.

Pastor Sorenson has been married for over 40 years to his wife Pam, who is a native of Duluth. Together they have two daughters."

• Members

Old Fashioned Preacher,

Thank you for informing us about Dr. David Sorenson. Here is the website of Northstar Baptist Church where Dr. Sorenson pastored for 27 years.http://www.northstarbaptistchurch.com/about.html

Dr. Sorenson, Emeritus pastor from Northstar Baptist Church, is to me a good example of a fine church, and pastor, with an internet ministry.

Brethren,

This study on 'internet theologians,' is a study in the making. Previously, I had thought that if a church, even if they called themselves an IFB, that I would probably not call that individual an 'internet theologian.' As this study progresses I may have to change my thinking on this matter. After receiving a private e-mail letting me know that, apparently, many false teachers are just using a small congregation, or in reality, no congregation, or a loose fellowship, with no intention of building a church, of having an internet ministry to promote their false teachings. And, in reality, these false teachers are men who have left a good IFB church due to the pastor will not let them teach their erroneous teachings in the church, they become disgruntled, or bitter, towards the pastor, and just decide they can call their fellowhip of disgruntled saints a church. So, in reality their internet ministry is not just an extension of the church, or fellowship, but the main method of getting their false teachings into the public and churches, is through internet forums, blogs and video ministries.

Any thoughts? Shall we proceed in this direction?  Any examples?

Alan

Edited by Alan
added a phrase in the last sentence

• Administrators

If you do decide to continue in this direction I would submit as an example, some of the former and perhaps present  members of this message board that have been called out for their false teaching. These are what I would call "Internet Theologians."

• Members

Jim Alaska,

We will continue in the direction that you suggested.

As some of the brethren were members before I came on board, these members can bring up previous individuals who were false teachers using the internet (specifically Online Baptist in this scenario), if they so desire.

Alan

• Members

Brethren,

I do not want this thread to be a continuation for, what I consider, the false teachings of some of the brethren here on OnLine Baptist. Nor, do I want an opponent to take over this thread in an effort to have it locked. In other discussions my opponent deliberately asked foolish questions, repeating question after question, in an effort to get me irritated, confused, have the blame for the contention placed on me in an attempt to have the thread locked.

So, if a contention arises on what is said, I would like to set a couple of Guide Lines on how to proceed.

Guide Lines

1. If there is a different thread on the subject mentioned, that a link will be provided and the discussion on the teaching in question may be continued on the other thread. I do not want the discussion to be continued on this thread.

2. We will take the biblical admonition of Paul the Apostle in Titus 3: 9 - 10, "But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted and sinneth, being condemned of himself."  After two admonitions, by either a link to the other thread, or an admonition by me or a moderator, to stop, I will ask the person in question to leave. It seems to me that some of the brethren want to contend continuously. I want the contention stopped.

3. As I mentioned previously, this is a study in progress. I reserve the right to add future guide lines.

4. I would like to be able to ask a person to leave this thread. This point will have to be permitted by the moderators.

Any other thoughts?

Alan

Edited by Alan
repeated word

• Members

Brethren,

For the time being, I have decided to not proceed with this subject and am considering this thread closed.

If someone wants to take the above guidelines, and modify them, or not have any at all, and proceed with the study on internet theologians on your own thread, than you have my blessings.

Regards,

Alan

• Members

To put me in the class of "Internet Theologian" is an uncalled for attack on my character. 

I was ordained into the Gospel Ministry long before I ever got on the internet.  I am not affiliated with Stephen Sorensen, nor do I know him.

That which I teach, I support with the word of God 100%.  I've yet to see anyone disprove what I teach.  Pastor Scott Markle agreed to a debate a couple years back,, but then backed out. 

None have been able to disprove my teachings in the last decade on this Forum.  Since you can't prove me wrong, Alan, then you shouldn't be placing me in the same category of false teachers. 

I've been IFB for nearly thirty years.  I am quite sure I will remain IFB until I die or the Lord returns... whichever happens first.  That's the thing about the "I" in IFB... it means "Independent."  Teachings of IFB Pastors won't agree.  There are IFB Calvinist's.  There are IFB that are not Calvinist's.  There are IFB that agree and disagree on many doctrines... facts be known.

But one thing I am not, is a false preacher.  Nor am a in "internet theologian." I receive the doctrines that I teach directly from my KJV Bible.  No twisting of the Scripture, no manipulation of the biblical text. 

So please... lay off the accusations.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members
19 minutes ago, this guy said:

To put me in the class of "Internet Theologian" is an uncalled for attack on my character. 

I was ordained into the Gospel Ministry long before I ever got on the internet.  I am not affiliated with Stephen Sorensen, nor do I know him.

That which I teach, I support with the word of God 100%.  I've yet to see anyone disprove what I teach.  Pastor Scott Markle agreed to a debate a couple years back,, but then backed out. 

None have been able to disprove my teachings in the last decade on this Forum.  Since you can't prove me wrong, Alan, then you shouldn't be placing me in the same category of false teachers. 

I've been IFB for nearly thirty years.  I am quite sure I will remain IFB until I die or the Lord returns... whichever happens first.  That's the thing about the "I" in IFB... it means "Independent."  Teachings of IFB Pastors won't agree.  There are IFB Calvinist's.  There are IFB that are not Calvinist's.  There are IFB that agree and disagree on many doctrines... facts be known.

But one thing I am not, is a false preacher.  Nor am a in "internet theologian." I receive the doctrines that I teach directly from my KJV Bible.  No twisting of the Scripture, no manipulation of the biblical text. 

So please... lay of the accusations.

I'm struggling here - where has he named you for you to open up on him like this?

Seems to me you are reacting specifically to generalised comments......

Edited by DaveW

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Standing Firm In Christ said:

Actually, he did name me.  read his subsequent posts. 

I went back and read every post in this thread. I see nowhere that Alan names you bro. Robey. I does seem like you are taking personal offense when none was directed at you.

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I went back and read every post in this thread. I see nowhere that Alan names you bro. Robey. I does seem like you are taking personal offense when none was directed at you.

Please go back and search the previous page for "sfic".  (the initials for my screen name)

• Members
On 7/28/2017 at 8:50 AM, Alan said:

Jim Alaska,

I agree with everything that you said. When I first came on OnLine Baptist I thought, and still do think, that an internet theologian is a "know it all, "always right person." 2 Peter 2:10 says, "self-willed." These internet theologians despise IFB doctrine and will argue their erroneous teaching to the end of time; they are false teachers.

As you stated, and I agree, it seems now these false teachers are taking their nefarious ways a step further; they are creating their own websites, forums, blogs, etc..., in an effort to promote themselves and try to destroy every good pastor and church in the process.

One of the reasons why I am proceeding cautiously is that these internet theologians are spending hours each day promoting their teachings in forums, blogs, youtube videos that it is hard to keep abreast of what they are doing. Therefore, it is hard to sort through the mire of theological junk they are spewing out.

If you care to sift through the teachings  of Steve Sorenson (Sorenson is a false teacher, anti-KJV, Southern Baptist), you will find the same teachings and  false representations on Abraham and Melchizedek, and the issue of tithing, that SFIC, teaches.

These teachers are going from forum to forum teaching their pet beliefs and agendas. When you disagree with them, you are called Pharisaical, legalistic,  a cultist,  abusive, and a few other judgmental adjectives.

One thing that is common among them is that they are out to destroy traditional IFB beliefs, practices, and the local church by mis-representation, half-truths, using fallen men in the IFB ministry, etc...

Alan

Jim_Alaska....

Here's Alan's quote with the accusation against SFIC (which is the nickname for Ron Robey).  I bolded the short paragraph where it is located in the post, which is addressed to you.   SFIC does not go from forum to forum teaching any false "pet" beliefs.

Edited by LindaR