• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:The Independent Baptist Mutual Admiration Society of Compromise

• Members
The Independent Baptist Mutual Admiration Society of Compromise
Iam deeply concerned about the rapidly-growing compromise among independent Baptists. After I was saved in 1973, I didn’t know where to go to church. I was led to Christ by a Pentecostal man who went on his way the next day, and I have never seen him again. I began to study the Bible diligently, visit churches, listen to Christian radio, and read books, seeking God’s will about church membership. I knew that I wasn’t going back to the Southern Baptist Convention that I had grown up in, because they simply didn’t take the Bible seriously. There was no separation, no discipline, no call for sold-out discipleship.... Read More

View the full article

• 4 years later...
  • Members
On 7/12/2017 at 6:11 AM, RSS Robot said:

I knew that I wasn’t going back to the Southern Baptist Convention that I had grown up in, because they simply didn’t take the Bible seriously. There was no separation, no discipline, no call for sold-out discipleship.... Read More

View the full article

Clicked on Read More to see what's what.

It is a good page.   Too much to copy/paste here,  unless someone wants it.  If you want it pasted here,  like in paragraphs, formatted to read ,  let me know.

Otherwise, read it at the link (it is still an active link as of 8:12 pm 2021/08/05.

The last line sums it up well I think:

"I learned then, as a young missionary, that compromisers lie, and this has been confirmed many times since then."

Many of us have learned this same thing.   We have found few who will not lie, who will not compromise.   But we will not change.  We will not sin, not willingly nor by choice.

Too many have.   It is not good.   It is destroying many families,  preachers and lives.