• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

commentaries on the book of Luke

• Members

Good morning to all,

This fall I will begin a new journey with my SS class through the book of Luke.  In preparation of these messages I would like two or three good commentaries on the book of Luke.  Currently I am just finishing William Barclay’s commentary and have found his rich understanding of Jewish history amazing. 

I have always liked JFB, but would like to expand my authors on this project.  I am contemplating G. Campbell Morgan so if you have a comment on him I would like to read it. 

I look forward to reading your responses.

• Members

Right off hand, the only Commentary on Luke that I can recommend is, "The Son of Man,"  A Commentary on the Gospel of Luke, by John R. Rice. Most used Christian bookstores would probably have some copies available. If not, here is the website for the Sword of the Lord Bookstore: http://www.swordbooks.com/sonofman.aspx

As you have already studied William Barclay's commentary I feel that you are ahead of some of us already. So, we look forward to your comments.