• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What The Roman Church Really Teaches

• Members

Catechism Of The Catholic Church, Complete And Updated,
Includes modifications from the Editio Typica, Doubleday, New York, 1995
Part Two, Article 1, The Sacrament Of Baptism, P. 356
An Indelible Spiritual Mark...

1272 "...Baptism cannot be repeated."

1274 “The Holy Spirit has marked us with the seal of the Lord (‘Dominicus character’) ‘for the day of redemption.’ ‘Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life.’ The faithful Christian who has ‘kept the seal’ until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his baptism, will be able to depart this life ‘marked with the sign of faith,’ with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God—the consummation of faith—and in the hope of resurrection”

These descriptions of Roman Church practice can be found at this web site. 

I have a copy of the book above but because I'm not a typist I found the website link with the text I wanted to share. I bolded the part in particular I wanted others to see. The annotations, "(CCC, 1274)" on the website refer to the paragraph markers in their catechism book. This information may help us witness to Catholics.

• Members

It seems that one universal question among Catholics is in their eternal security. Digging in deeper I see many who have left the Roman Church have embraced the free gift and assurance of Bible based faith. I think this may be a point from which they could be reached with the Gospel of Jesus. I have several books at my desk on soul winning and testimonies of Christians converted from the Church of Rome. I'm pouring over all of this attempting to find those two or three points for discussion when witnessing to Roman Catholics.