• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Rebecca

The beauty of creation

That is easy terrain for a mountain goat. I have seen them run full tilt up a sheer mountain rock wall in Alaska. Looking at the rock wall I couldn't see anything to get a grip on. Their feet are specially designed to be able to do that. They have a very hard outer rim to their hoof and a pliable non-skid frog encircled by the hard hoof. I never would have believed that anything could scale a rock wall like that if I had not seen it myself.

Thanks for posting that HC, these are an amazing species of God's creation. They are extremely difficult to hunt because you can't get close to them and can't climb where they can.

3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

That is easy terrain for a mountain goat. I have seen them runfull tilt up a sheer mountain rock wall in Alaska. Looking at the rock wall I couldn't see anything to get a grip on. Their feet are specially designed to be able to do that. They have a very hard outer rim to their hood and a pliable non-skid frog encircled by the hard hoof. I never would have believed that anything could scale a rock wall like that if I had not seen it myself.

Thanks for posting that HC, these are an amazing species of God's creation. They are extremely difficult to hunt because you can't get close to them and can't climb where they can.

Yeah, they are fascinating.

11 hours ago, reyhanorto said:

beautiful and dreamy...

images.jpeg

A few miles from here there was a cornfield on a slope that was covered in these poppies.  At the top of the hill they were all red and as it went down the slope, they changed to purple until at the bottom they were all purple.  

Edited by Invicta

Sorry I haven't posted in this thread in so long. My computer has been having issues lately. I'm going to try to post a picture from my phone. 

I recently moved, and this is down the street from my house, where I walk my dog. The sunsets are very beautiful.

IMG_20180728_182754.thumb.jpg.69dfdbd683d1a93fe1308bcf16582827.jpg

IMG_20180728_182746.thumb.jpg.88d977e295ef8a62caa727da9229240f.jpg

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Jim,

Hmmm? I wonder that if you uploaded a photo of your Coastal Blacktail deer our Whitetail does may be interested. 

Rebecca,

Keep those photos coming. 

Alan 

Sorry Alan, I don't have a picture pf them. I'll try to get my wife to take one, she is the camera and smart phone person. I can't even hold one of those crazy phones without messing everything up.

The pictures posted above by Rebecca are wonderful.I am sure they are even more stunning in full sunlight.

What is the location of the pictures?

In south east Missouri, in Mark Twain National Forest, near Highway 60 next to the small town of Van Buren, lies 'Big Spring.'

'Big Spring' is one of three largest natural springs in America.

'Big Spring,' depending on the day, has an average of 285 million gallons of water rushing through the bottom of the spring, through an underground cavern in the mountain that it flows under. The drive to the Big Spring area is scenic and the park area itself is scenic.

Big Spring

Mark Twain National Forest

Van Buren, Missouri

https://www.nps.gov/ozar/planyourvisit/big-spring.htm

829812498_BigSpring-Caves.thumb.JPG.493cf90cdb9a29ba762570c9ebf3673f.JPG

Photo by Alan

The river that Big Springs creates

734832093_BigSpring-grass2.thumb.JPG.b9fa6df0cf9e477dc6124e5569908198.JPG

Photo by Alan