Jump to content
  • Welcome to Online Baptist

    Free to join.

Rebecca

The beauty of creation

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Revelation 22:15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

"Dogs" has long referred to false prophets. "Beware of dogs" was not referring to pit bulls chained up in the yard while you'e out on Saturday morning visitation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to get to Alaska one day - but I would have to either go twice, or stay a good while, so I could see both these sides of the place.

(And I would love to razz around on a snowmobile!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2018 at 6:27 PM, weary warrior said:

"Dogs" has long referred to false prophets. "Beware of dogs" was not referring to pit bulls chained up in the yard while you'e out on Saturday morning visitation. 

I know that some people believe that refers to men acting as dogs, but dogs are an unclean animal.  

Edited by Invicta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Invicta said:

I know that some people believe that refers to men acting as dogs, but dogs are an unclean animal.  

1. This is not the place for a theological argument. Start a thread.

2. You are displaying a total lack of understanding of context..... again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DaveW said:

1. This is not the place for a theological argument. Start a thread.

2. You are displaying a total lack of understanding of context..... again.

I was just answering the previous posts, but point taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always loved lions (well, pictures of them, LOL). I had a stuffed Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lion when I was younger. He stood about 3 1/2 feet tall - and if I had him positioned in my bedroom doorway, our German Shepherd/Doberman mix wouldn't come anywhere near the room. heh

 

This photo was taken by TAO Photography. It is at the Landing in Sequim (a resort). Breathtaking, IMO.

 

eagles at the Landing sequim.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was taken on the trip from Reno to Las Vegas. I love these mountains, they are beautiful examples of how the flood layered the land and moved it all over, pushed up and over as the waters asswaged. 100_3615.thumb.JPG.eb733714226825ddda7e5d41b979d361.JPG

Another sight on the trip to Vegas: me posing at the notorious Clown Motel in Tonopah. One day when I have the time I will stop and spend a night.100_3606.thumb.JPG.e7b0967aa26704a4ea2d0cb2ebbb3cb3.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I know the "near" exact location of those mountains. I had got pulled over by the police for driving 12 miles over the speed limit around those areas. I was too engrossed by the splendid view and grandeur of the mountains that I wasn't paying full attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, (Omega) said:

I think I know the "near" exact location of those mountains. I had got pulled over by the police for driving 12 miles over the speed limit around those areas. I was too engrossed by the splendid view and grandeur of the mountains that I wasn't paying full attention. 

They go on that way for quite a ways100_3616.thumb.JPG.2d13eb9180ca668062a64296c67dc843.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love to hunt, and I would be thrilled at the chance to hunt in Africa. Especially cape buffalo. But unlike a lot of hunters, I could never hunt zebra. As a horseman, it just does not appeal to me at all. It wouldn't seem right. I snapped this picture in South Africa, somewhere closer to the Botswana border.zebra.thumb.jpg.184e84210db2bc8e397765c41ddcc6b9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also used to love to hunt ww. Emphasis on the words "used to"    I don't hunt any more. I hunted so much in Alaska that after a time the thrill of hunting goes out of it once you pull the trigger; after that it is just a lot of hard work. I now live in California and although deer  hunting here is popular, it doesn't interest me.

Of course age may also be a factor; at 75 years old I am content to leave the hunting to the young guys. I never trophy hunted, it was always meat hunting. Here is a picture taken when I was younger. This was caribou hunting on Alaska's North Slope. Notice the absence of any trees.

 

North Slope Caribou.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I also used to love to hunt ww. Emphasis on the words "used to"    I don't hunt any more. I hunted so much in Alaska that after a time the thrill of hunting goes out of it once you pull the trigger; after that it is just a lot of hard work. I now live in California and although deer  hunting here is popular, it doesn't interest me.

Of course age may also be a factor; at 75 years old I am content to leave the hunting to the young guys. I never trophy hunted, it was always meat hunting. Here is a picture taken when I was younger. This was caribou hunting on Alaska's North Slope. Notice the absence of any trees.

 

North Slope Caribou.jpg

Oh, I do love a good carbou backstrap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, weary warrior said:

This mountain bowl is pretty high up, and affords more spectacular views of the beautiful state

At least it would if it weren't all cloudy 'n stuff.... :laugh:

It reminds me of a visit to Cradle Mountain in Tasmania - there is a sign which shows the various levels of visibility and approx. how many days it looks like each - with the most common view being just cloud and mist, and the least common being a crystal view.

By the way, the photo is still spectacular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

×
×
  • Create New...