Online Baptist
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

Rebecca

The beauty of creation

That is easy terrain for a mountain goat. I have seen them run full tilt up a sheer mountain rock wall in Alaska. Looking at the rock wall I couldn't see anything to get a grip on. Their feet are specially designed to be able to do that. They have a very hard outer rim to their hoof and a pliable non-skid frog encircled by the hard hoof. I never would have believed that anything could scale a rock wall like that if I had not seen it myself.

Thanks for posting that HC, these are an amazing species of God's creation. They are extremely difficult to hunt because you can't get close to them and can't climb where they can.

3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

That is easy terrain for a mountain goat. I have seen them runfull tilt up a sheer mountain rock wall in Alaska. Looking at the rock wall I couldn't see anything to get a grip on. Their feet are specially designed to be able to do that. They have a very hard outer rim to their hood and a pliable non-skid frog encircled by the hard hoof. I never would have believed that anything could scale a rock wall like that if I had not seen it myself.

Thanks for posting that HC, these are an amazing species of God's creation. They are extremely difficult to hunt because you can't get close to them and can't climb where they can.

Yeah, they are fascinating.

11 hours ago, reyhanorto said:

beautiful and dreamy...

images.jpeg

A few miles from here there was a cornfield on a slope that was covered in these poppies.  At the top of the hill they were all red and as it went down the slope, they changed to purple until at the bottom they were all purple.  

Edited by Invicta

This is a Swinhoe's Tree Lizard (Japalura swinhonis), I named him Bobby. I usually just see the smaller less colorful females, but was fortunate to get a decent shot of a male.  

Bobby2.jpg.ac7396795f7cf026938ba45130021a9a.jpg

Hi Bobby! :1_grinning: Welcome to OnLineBaptist.

Hmmm? Methinks Bobby is a Chameleon Christian. He will fit right in with the Progressive crowd.

Edited by Alan
grammer