Online Baptist
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

Rebecca

The beauty of creation

On 24/01/2018 at 6:27 PM, weary warrior said:

"Dogs" has long referred to false prophets. "Beware of dogs" was not referring to pit bulls chained up in the yard while you'e out on Saturday morning visitation. 

I believe that dogs refer to human dogs, but I have been told by literalist teachers that dogs mean dogs.

14 minutes ago, Invicta said:

I believe that dogs refer to human dogs, but I have been told by literalist teachers that dogs mean dogs.

Why are you even reviving this IRRELEVANT line in this thread?

On 2/18/2018 at 6:29 AM, WellWithMySoul said:

"Bug" at a nearby state park.  Anyone know what kind of "bug" it is?

IMG_4609.JPG

It's a bit hard to tell from the angle, but it might be an American Salmonfly or Stonefly. Was it near water?

Whether it is or not, an interesting fact about these insects is that they lay their eggs in water, and if the water is polluted in any way, the larvae will die, so if you see many of these insects and their larvae, it means the water is clean! The larvae eat algae and rotting plant matter in the water. The mature, winged adult only lives about a month and doesn't eat.

Edited by Rebecca

God has given everything to this universe from plants to human beings. We should value his creation and should not do those activities which harm the nature and disrupt the balance of the earth. 

Edited by samsingh2018

That looks like it may be well worth visiting HC. Thanks for posting such beauty.

I thought I had you for a moment HC, when you said it was the most northwestern point in the US.....but then I read it correctly to add the word "contiguous." 

It's a beautiful, sunny day here in Sequim. However, in Indiana and other parts in the midwest and east it is snowing. This photo was taken in Parke County, Indiana from the school bus. Photo by Grace Johnston. I'm glad it isn't snowing here, but I love the picture. (and I'm glad you caught "contiguous", Jim :14_relaxed: )

parke county school bus route.jpg