Online Baptist
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

Rebecca

The beauty of creation

That is a beautiful picture Alan. I live in a city that can get quite hectic at times. Someday I plan on visiting some of these places on this thread just to get away from the busy city life.

Not very artistic, but saw this fella on my morning walk.

Around here he is known as a "stumpy tail".... never could figure out why? :10_wink:

A kind of blue tongue skink. This guy is about 1 foot long (if he was straight), but they get about half that size again. He is a young adult at a guess.

20171214_083510.jpg

And this where I was walking:

20171214_084353.jpg

I love seeing wildlife in their natural habitats, and if I manage to get a halfway decent picture of them, I'm thrilled! These two pictures were taken the same day, unfortunately I have a knack for startling the animals and don't generally get great pictures, but I'm happy with what I got. Can't expect wild animals to cooperate with a photo session! haha!

5a611d90d9da0_wildbunny.jpg.207cd413c492f1502c0e28fe928b8f31.jpg

5a611e6ea5956_woodpecker1.JPG.1c7730feea4800c385035fd6bd7908e4.JPG

Jim,

I noticed that Rebecca has left the forum. So I am going to be a little bold in giving a probable answer.

If you enlarge the photo the name of the photo that Rebecca gave it is, "wildbunny." It is probably a large wild rabbit. I am familiar with the area that the photo was taken and the wild rabbits do grow big and are that coloring and shape.

On the other side of the coin, there are Bobcats in the area that the photo was taken. https://mdc.mo.gov/conmag/2005/08/bobcat-prowl

I beg Rebecca's forgiveness for jumping in and giving my two cents worth. Oh! How I miss the two cents avatar!

Alan

Edited by Alan
spelling

Yes, it is a rabbit. The distance and the fact it was running does distort it a bit. There are more rabbits around here now, but they are extremely shy and will bolt at the slightest movement, as prey animals usually do when in areas where they are heavily hunted. There are hawks, bobcats, and coyotes commonly in the area. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get pictures of the predators, and likely won't.

There are a lot of beautiful places here on Earth, and one can easily see the handiwork of God's creation from looking at them. Every season brings forth its own form of beauty. I love the snow (unfortunately it doesn't snow here in California), rain, falling leaves, and sunny days.

What I find interesting is that there were no seasons on earth before the great flood. And there is no indication of any seasons in the New Jerusalem -- there will no longer even be any night (Rev.21:25; 22:5).

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. (Genesis 8:22)

In Genesis 8:22, God assures us that after the Flood, the cycle of seasons will continue uninterrupted "while the earth memaineth" until after the end of the Milennium. In the Eternal state, the fruit of the tree of life is a bit involved and somewhat different than the impression given by a cursory reading from an English version (the crops are simultaneously produced, for one thing).  I so much look forward to that day where I can enjoy the beauty of God's NEW creation of the Universe. I'm sure it will be a sght to behold.

God Bless!

It doesn't snow in California for you because you live in the banana belt.  :sorry:

On the way home from church today it was snowing a blizzard. Fortunately it didn't last long or put down any accumulation other then a light dusting.

17 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

It doesn't snow in California for you because you live in the banana belt.  :sorry:

On the way home from church today it was snowing a blizzard. Fortunately it didn't last long or put down any accumulation other then a light dusting.

I've been living in California almost all of my life and I think it may have snowed once in the Bay Area. There was lightning last night and it was raining down hard too.

I absolutely love animals, and I look forward to spending time with them in the Eternal state.

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? (Ecclesiastes 3:21)

Since animals were brought into the Ark and were protected by the global flood, I would assume that there would be animals in Heaven as well. Possibly in the Heavenly Jerusalem, outside its gates -- or both. and I agree with this supposition entirely. Just as God never allows a human spirit to be unclothed or go out of existence, so I deduce that this must be the case for animals who have spirits just as we do (Eccl. 3:21), and not made in the image of God as man (so there is no basis for condemnation). However, it is a spirit that an animal has which quickens the body just as in the case of human beings.  The word "soul" is an unfortunate one in the way it is employed by most speakers -- as if it mean something like a spirit.  In fact, in the Bible, "soul" (a translation for Greek "psyche" and Hebrew "nephesh") refers to the person as a whole and often focuses on the entire person inside.

God Bless!

12 hours ago, (Omega) said:

I absolutely love animals, and I look forward to spending time with them in the Eternal state.

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? (Ecclesiastes 3:21)

Since animals were brought into the Ark and were protected by the global flood, I would assume that there would be animals in Heaven as well. Possibly in the Heavenly Jerusalem, outside its gates -- or both. and I agree with this supposition entirely. Just as God never allows a human spirit to be unclothed or go out of existence, so I deduce that this must be the case for animals who have spirits just as we do (Eccl. 3:21), and not made in the image of God as man (so there is no basis for condemnation). However, it is a spirit that an animal has which quickens the body just as in the case of human beings.  The word "soul" is an unfortunate one in the way it is employed by most speakers -- as if it mean something like a spirit.  In fact, in the Bible, "soul" (a translation for Greek "psyche" and Hebrew "nephesh") refers to the person as a whole and often focuses on the entire person inside.

God Bless!

I am not sure about that.  I don't think there will be animals there, But I may be wrong.  But I don't think there will be any unclean animals like cats and dogs.

On 1/22/2018 at 10:09 AM, weary warrior said:

A picture of a big guy I took in South Africa

What a wonderful photo WW. And a wonderful and unique animal. I assume you took that picture with a telephoto lens? To get as close as the picture suggests would take a lot of guts.

1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

What a wonderful photo WW. And a wonderful and unique animal. I assume you took that picture with a telephoto lens? To get as close as the picture suggests would take a lot of guts.

I was about 50 yards away, no telephoto lens. But the camera and lens were both really good, so I was able to frame it and crop it on the computer later, pulling it in closer. Those rhinos are aweome creatures to run into out in the wild. :12_slight_smile:

18 hours ago, Invicta said:

I am not sure about that.  I don't think there will be animals there, But I may be wrong.  But I don't think there will be any unclean animals like cats and dogs.

We know there are at least horses in heaven. And the cherubims with the head of an ox, an eagle, a lion and a man? Those were created before the creatures here on earth were, including man. Kind of makes you wonder what was a pattern for what, doesn' it?