• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The beauty of creation

• Members
On 10/25/2018 at 4:51 PM, Rebecca said:

This is an older picture of a sunrise I took a few years back. I'm slowly getting photos onto my computer, so hopefully I'll be able to add more soon!  

Rebecca,

Glad to hear that you're getting more photos on your computer. We are looking forward to more of your photos !!!! ?

Alan

• Administrators

Beautiful, Rebecca! Definitely something for which getting up early is worthy!

These leaves are from our maple leaves. My dad planted 6 maple trees when he cleared the land here. He wanted to use the leaves to fertilize the garden through the winter. There is one red maple. The other 5 are all green during the spring/summer.  There aren't loads of leaves on the ground, but there are leaves all over - and the size of the leaves from the non-red maples is unbelievable!  This red leaf is about the size of a man's hand.  The other one...! Maybe a sasquatch hand? LOL (for those who don't know - I'm kidding about the sasquatch...I think...snicker ? ).

T

leaves.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The Hoopie Bird is an very unusual bird. It is not normally on the Eastern coast of Taiwan but is generally on the smaller islands off the west coast of Taiwan. We were able to see it twice. The Hoopie bird has a very distinctive crown and body coloring.

Hoopie Bird

809081057_BirdHoopoe.thumb.JPG.205c62c9dd8ffc8aedcc0335426ab03e.JPG

Edited by Alan
formatting

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 11/28/2018 at 5:54 PM, DaveW said:

There were roos all over the park. Not at all scared.

If you look closely at this young lady roo you will see that she has a Joey in her pouch - legs sticking out.....

20181128_081908.jpg

Dave,

Great photos! Keep them coming.

Also, I noticed that thus far Rebecca did not push the "like" on the photo with the young lady roo and her Joey.

So, I asked Rebecca why as it is a great photo. She said that she was waiting. So, I said, "Are you waiting for the Joey to come out?"  Hahaha!!!

Alan

Edited by Alan
doubled word

• Members

I guess I have to go ahead and "like" the kangaroo photo, since I got called out on it! haha! ? It's a great photo Dave, if I had been there, I'd have probably taken about 1,000 photos! I can't resist taking photos of wild animals. ?

I'm blessed with getting to live close to the ocean, so I often take pictures of the sea and any wildlife that I come across. Because my proper camera is having issues, I've been using my phone camera, which doesn't often take great pictures, but this picture of a sea urchin actually came out great, so I'm pleased with it. ?

IMG_20181113_160436.thumb.jpg.ff3495ee0aa18288141c50b328a4ce5a.jpgIMG_20180530_125641.thumb.jpg.dadf2ffd42396bf16164faca5bd3a0b0.jpg

• Members

There are wild monkeys living in the mountains, and occasionally they come out of the mountains and I see them walking along telephone wires. This is a photo of a monkey I took recently.1531220430972.jpg.03ce4b9d9d94283496de6ea69d7a5183.jpg

This is a picture of a monkey from a few years ago:

847014087_monkeyonwire2.jpg.75c078ef55882d26525c0806a262b9ae.jpg1776187673_monkeyonwire3.jpg.c16b7f3d48773a4eb0c7f71ea2daf4af.jpg

• 4 weeks later...