• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The beauty of creation

• Members
On 24/01/2018 at 6:27 PM, weary warrior said:

"Dogs" has long referred to false prophets. "Beware of dogs" was not referring to pit bulls chained up in the yard while you'e out on Saturday morning visitation. 

I know that some people believe that refers to men acting as dogs, but dogs are an unclean animal.  

Edited by Invicta

• Members
51 minutes ago, Invicta said:

I know that some people believe that refers to men acting as dogs, but dogs are an unclean animal.  

1. This is not the place for a theological argument. Start a thread.

2. You are displaying a total lack of understanding of context..... again.

• Members
13 hours ago, DaveW said:

1. This is not the place for a theological argument. Start a thread.

2. You are displaying a total lack of understanding of context..... again.

I was just answering the previous posts, but point taken.

• Administrators

I have always loved lions (well, pictures of them, LOL). I had a stuffed Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lion when I was younger. He stood about 3 1/2 feet tall - and if I had him positioned in my bedroom doorway, our German Shepherd/Doberman mix wouldn't come anywhere near the room. heh

This photo was taken by TAO Photography. It is at the Landing in Sequim (a resort). Breathtaking, IMO.

eagles at the Landing sequim.jpg

• Moderators

This was taken on the trip from Reno to Las Vegas. I love these mountains, they are beautiful examples of how the flood layered the land and moved it all over, pushed up and over as the waters asswaged. 100_3615.thumb.JPG.eb733714226825ddda7e5d41b979d361.JPG

Another sight on the trip to Vegas: me posing at the notorious Clown Motel in Tonopah. One day when I have the time I will stop and spend a night.100_3606.thumb.JPG.e7b0967aa26704a4ea2d0cb2ebbb3cb3.JPG

• Members

I think I know the "near" exact location of those mountains. I had got pulled over by the police for driving 12 miles over the speed limit around those areas. I was too engrossed by the splendid view and grandeur of the mountains that I wasn't paying full attention. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, (Omega) said:

I think I know the "near" exact location of those mountains. I had got pulled over by the police for driving 12 miles over the speed limit around those areas. I was too engrossed by the splendid view and grandeur of the mountains that I wasn't paying full attention. 

They go on that way for quite a ways100_3616.thumb.JPG.2d13eb9180ca668062a64296c67dc843.JPG

• Members

I love to hunt, and I would be thrilled at the chance to hunt in Africa. Especially cape buffalo. But unlike a lot of hunters, I could never hunt zebra. As a horseman, it just does not appeal to me at all. It wouldn't seem right. I snapped this picture in South Africa, somewhere closer to the Botswana border.zebra.thumb.jpg.184e84210db2bc8e397765c41ddcc6b9.jpg

• Administrators

I also used to love to hunt ww. Emphasis on the words "used to"    I don't hunt any more. I hunted so much in Alaska that after a time the thrill of hunting goes out of it once you pull the trigger; after that it is just a lot of hard work. I now live in California and although deer  hunting here is popular, it doesn't interest me.

Of course age may also be a factor; at 75 years old I am content to leave the hunting to the young guys. I never trophy hunted, it was always meat hunting. Here is a picture taken when I was younger. This was caribou hunting on Alaska's North Slope. Notice the absence of any trees.

North Slope Caribou.jpg

• Members
13 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I also used to love to hunt ww. Emphasis on the words "used to"    I don't hunt any more. I hunted so much in Alaska that after a time the thrill of hunting goes out of it once you pull the trigger; after that it is just a lot of hard work. I now live in California and although deer  hunting here is popular, it doesn't interest me.

Of course age may also be a factor; at 75 years old I am content to leave the hunting to the young guys. I never trophy hunted, it was always meat hunting. Here is a picture taken when I was younger. This was caribou hunting on Alaska's North Slope. Notice the absence of any trees.

North Slope Caribou.jpg

Oh, I do love a good carbou backstrap!