• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The beauty of creation

• Members

There are a lot of beautiful places here on Earth, and one can easily see the handiwork of God's creation from looking at them. Every season brings forth its own form of beauty. I love the snow (unfortunately it doesn't snow here in California), rain, falling leaves, and sunny days.

What I find interesting is that there were no seasons on earth before the great flood. And there is no indication of any seasons in the New Jerusalem -- there will no longer even be any night (Rev.21:25; 22:5).

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. (Genesis 8:22)

In Genesis 8:22, God assures us that after the Flood, the cycle of seasons will continue uninterrupted "while the earth memaineth" until after the end of the Milennium. In the Eternal state, the fruit of the tree of life is a bit involved and somewhat different than the impression given by a cursory reading from an English version (the crops are simultaneously produced, for one thing).  I so much look forward to that day where I can enjoy the beauty of God's NEW creation of the Universe. I'm sure it will be a sght to behold.

God Bless!

• Administrators

It doesn't snow in California for you because you live in the banana belt.  :sorry:

On the way home from church today it was snowing a blizzard. Fortunately it didn't last long or put down any accumulation other then a light dusting.

• Members
17 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

It doesn't snow in California for you because you live in the banana belt.  :sorry:

On the way home from church today it was snowing a blizzard. Fortunately it didn't last long or put down any accumulation other then a light dusting.

I've been living in California almost all of my life and I think it may have snowed once in the Bay Area. There was lightning last night and it was raining down hard too.

• Members

I absolutely love animals, and I look forward to spending time with them in the Eternal state.

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? (Ecclesiastes 3:21)

Since animals were brought into the Ark and were protected by the global flood, I would assume that there would be animals in Heaven as well. Possibly in the Heavenly Jerusalem, outside its gates -- or both. and I agree with this supposition entirely. Just as God never allows a human spirit to be unclothed or go out of existence, so I deduce that this must be the case for animals who have spirits just as we do (Eccl. 3:21), and not made in the image of God as man (so there is no basis for condemnation). However, it is a spirit that an animal has which quickens the body just as in the case of human beings.  The word "soul" is an unfortunate one in the way it is employed by most speakers -- as if it mean something like a spirit.  In fact, in the Bible, "soul" (a translation for Greek "psyche" and Hebrew "nephesh") refers to the person as a whole and often focuses on the entire person inside.

God Bless!

• Members
12 hours ago, (Omega) said:

I absolutely love animals, and I look forward to spending time with them in the Eternal state.

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? (Ecclesiastes 3:21)

Since animals were brought into the Ark and were protected by the global flood, I would assume that there would be animals in Heaven as well. Possibly in the Heavenly Jerusalem, outside its gates -- or both. and I agree with this supposition entirely. Just as God never allows a human spirit to be unclothed or go out of existence, so I deduce that this must be the case for animals who have spirits just as we do (Eccl. 3:21), and not made in the image of God as man (so there is no basis for condemnation). However, it is a spirit that an animal has which quickens the body just as in the case of human beings.  The word "soul" is an unfortunate one in the way it is employed by most speakers -- as if it mean something like a spirit.  In fact, in the Bible, "soul" (a translation for Greek "psyche" and Hebrew "nephesh") refers to the person as a whole and often focuses on the entire person inside.

God Bless!

I am not sure about that.  I don't think there will be animals there, But I may be wrong.  But I don't think there will be any unclean animals like cats and dogs.

• Administrators
On 1/22/2018 at 10:09 AM, weary warrior said:

A picture of a big guy I took in South Africa

What a wonderful photo WW. And a wonderful and unique animal. I assume you took that picture with a telephoto lens? To get as close as the picture suggests would take a lot of guts.

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

What a wonderful photo WW. And a wonderful and unique animal. I assume you took that picture with a telephoto lens? To get as close as the picture suggests would take a lot of guts.

I was about 50 yards away, no telephoto lens. But the camera and lens were both really good, so I was able to frame it and crop it on the computer later, pulling it in closer. Those rhinos are aweome creatures to run into out in the wild. :12_slight_smile:

18 hours ago, Invicta said:

I am not sure about that.  I don't think there will be animals there, But I may be wrong.  But I don't think there will be any unclean animals like cats and dogs.

We know there are at least horses in heaven. And the cherubims with the head of an ox, an eagle, a lion and a man? Those were created before the creatures here on earth were, including man. Kind of makes you wonder what was a pattern for what, doesn' it?

• Members
35 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Revelation 22:15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

"Dogs" has long referred to false prophets. "Beware of dogs" was not referring to pit bulls chained up in the yard while you'e out on Saturday morning visitation.