• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The beauty of creation

• Members
43 minutes ago, OLD fashioned preacher said:

Nothing I've ever played with.

Must be a Yankee (U.S. usage of the word, not Commonwealth usage) bug.

Apparently, it's one of those Yankees that planned to move to Florida but somehow ended up in Georgia...:laugh:

http://entomology.ifas.ufl.edu/foltz/eny3541/Tussock/Orgyia.htm

• Members
On 21/09/2017 at 11:56 AM, DaveW said:

No I'm not. We drive on the right side of the road which is the left side, not the wrong side which is the right side.

We do this so that we can sit on the right side of the car which is of course the right side, instead of the left side of the car which would obviously be the wrong side........

I might start a thread for this......

Exactly. Well put.  

• Members
7 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Okay...somebody help me here. This is the first time I've ever seen one of these little critters, and I don't have a clue what it is. I just think it looks neat. :laugh:  It was crawling around on our carport this morning...

weird-bug.thumb.jpg.4b7485471cf88e2b0e6773dca84ed1b3.jpg

Yikes!!!

Hmmm? Maybe its one of the alien critters from the Planet X. According to the latest numerologist who, an ancient recently discovered original Greek manuscript states , that instead of hitting earth on September 23rd., Planet X side-stepped the Earth and in the process of side-stepping Earth 144,000 of these critters were deposited on the earth for 7 years. For further information please send me $666.00 for my latest book, complete with a set of audio tapes, to : World Religion Center; 666 Heresy Road; Babylon, New York.

Alan (one of the two witnesses from Revelation 11:3)

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Alan said:

Alan (one of the two witnesses from Revelation 11:3)

Wow!! A Real Live Rev 11 witness? That's even better than meeting a Real, Live missionary. Cool, wait till my FacePlace friends hear about this. I mean, like, Dude, Dude!!

• Administrators

Here is a picture of the Chugach Mtns. in Southeastern Alaska. I took this almost twenty years  ago while I still lived in Alaska.

Chugach Mts.jpg

This is what it looks like when you are actually up in the mountains. The lines you see in the snow are snowmobile trails. Big country and lots of fun. It can be dangerous because of avalanches in the spring of the year.

Chugach Mts2.jpg

• Moderators
3 hours ago, WellWithMySoul said:

We were driving out in the woods one day and came upon these free range sheep...guided by a shepherd and sheep dogs.

Looking at the texture softening (like a painting vs a photo), did you use a little over exposure?

• Members

I have a little Canon 25x Digital camera that I use.  After I get pictures downloaded to the computer, I edit them a tad to try to enhance the colors...but that's all.  The picture below is a zoomed up shot of a forest fire plume.  I've seen lots and lots of plumes before, but never with "rings" around them like in the picture.  There was actually another forest fire off to the north and east and together they created a storm of their own even with lightning.

IMG_1194.JPG