• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hello Online Baptist

• Members

Hello everyone. I'm a married man with a daughter and a child on the way(!) rapidly approaching 30. I currently reside in Indiana. 

I grew up a Baptist and converted to Catholicism 11 years ago as a senior in high school. For the better part of the last decade I've spent time in and out of the Catholic Church and have gone through several religious "phases" one could say. A few months ago I made the decision that I was done forever with Catholicism. I've come to realize through hours of prayer, study, and reading that their version of history just simply doesn't add up and their theological claims (i.e. papal infallibility) simply do not add up either. I immediately started looking at Orthodoxy, but I've begun to realize that Orthodoxy has many theological shortcomings as well and operates very similar to Catholicism but with an Eastern "mystical" sheen to it.

I've felt (for some time, through the "still small voice") that I'm being called home to my roots. Called back, not to a "denomination" but perhaps to faithful obedience to the Bible and to the Word of God made flesh.

I am still seeking and trying to discern the voice of God, so I will have questions. I hope no one takes my questioning or searching as challenging or disrespectful. I look forward to learning and growing spiritually. 

God Bless

• Members
23 hours ago, Wayfaring Stranger said:

Hello everyone. I'm a married man with a daughter and a child on the way(!) rapidly approaching 30. I currently reside in Indiana. 

I grew up a Baptist and converted to Catholicism 11 years ago as a senior in high school. For the better part of the last decade I've spent time in and out of the Catholic Church and have gone through several religious "phases" one could say. A few months ago I made the decision that I was done forever with Catholicism. I've come to realize through hours of prayer, study, and reading that their version of history just simply doesn't add up and their theological claims (i.e. papal infallibility) simply do not add up either. I immediately started looking at Orthodoxy, but I've begun to realize that Orthodoxy has many theological shortcomings as well and operates very similar to Catholicism but with an Eastern "mystical" sheen to it.

I've felt (for some time, through the "still small voice") that I'm being called home to my roots. Called back, not to a "denomination" but perhaps to faithful obedience to the Bible and to the Word of God made flesh.

I am still seeking and trying to discern the voice of God, so I will have questions. I hope no one takes my questioning or searching as challenging or disrespectful. I look forward to learning and growing spiritually. 

God Bless

Hi, nice to meet you and congratulations on the new baby!