• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The New Roman Church Strategy

• Members

I believe we just received a taste of or derivative of the new Roman Church (RCC) strategy by John Yurich in his post, Are There Any Catholics On Here?

The Roman Church has for several years now been pushing for a 'Return to the Church' to their 'faithful'. They appear to be increasing their effort to reach out to Christian Churches and to other Religions to build the "THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS". They have also recently initiated a nationwide (USA) chain of Catholic radio stations.

I didn't think this was something to ask for discussion on the open forums. Does anyone else see increased effort to grow the Roman Church? Also, possibly speed up their ecumenical effort?

• Members

Funny you mention the radio stations. Our local fundamental station doesn't have a very strong signal. I work about 15 miles from the antenna, and can still pick it up at work...but it's not great.

Some nights when the weather is "just right", one of those Catholic stations comes in instead. The DJs are cool and exciting, they play CCM, and have real friendly guests. Almost like they want to appeal cool and hip to the world. Those Catheters...I mean...Catholics are a sneaky bunch. 

• Members

I recently drove from my home through 8 Midwestern states and the Roman Church radio stations never failed to be available and most with a strong signal for reception. I didn't spend a lot of time on them. However, I did notice they were hitting the more widely-worldly topics with an NPR style host/voice.

• Members

There's been a campaign to showcase popery through Hollywood for a while now.  The tv show Bluebloods, the main characters are a family of devout catholics.  They frequently do scenes and episodes with the clergy.  Lots of old hollywood movies from the 1940s through the 1960s with differing levels of the popery.

As for us, almost nothing.