• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Repent of Your Sins" False gospel

• Members
7 minutes ago, BabeinChrist said:

How is that a Roman Catholic statement?

Because I am NOT a Roman Catholic, but I do believe the KJV to be the Word of God. And of course Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, but the Jews hated Christ & one cannot read the Bible without noticing that.

Pontius Pilate even washed his hands and declared that he is innocent of the blood of this just man.

To which the Jews shouted, "His blood be upon us and our children".  So yes, they hated Christ.

i believe the Bible, not Zionist ideology.

what do you mean you are an "ethnic Jew"? They were scattered and I would think that everyone has a bit of "Jew" in them. 

Multitudes of individual Jews believed on our Lord during His Ministry and multitudes since. Our Lord and His Apostles were Jews.

It was the governing Jews (national Israel) that denied our Lord, not all of the masses. We are to love, pray for and witness to individual Jews all the time.

I realize through your testimony and avatar that you are a new believer so I am posting this to save you much disappointment years from now. Make sure you search the Scriptures daily to double-check your pastor's preaching (or whomever it is that influences you). The statements you made which I bolded, did not come from the Bible contextually. I won't take the time to give you hundreds of passages clearly supporting this post but I am sure a young believer like you can look them up yourself (just word search in any NT software the word Jew).

God said through Paul "to the Jews first" so if God says it we better be saying it. God never retracted or changed this precept.

My point is this friend, don't take anyone's word for God's Word...ever. Get with God's Word and His Spirit to check everything you see and hear and always realize that only God's Word is true, not necessarily your pastor regardless of how inspiring or bold he is. This is not a slight directed toward your pastor or influencer. What I mean is don't follow their words blindly assuming they are right simply because they claim some "calling" from God. Acts 17:11

One of the fastest methods to id wolves in sheep's clothing (even among IFB ranks) is how they use Scripture in topical sermons. If you catch them plucking passages out of their context to support a topic, when clearly that passage was not discussing said topic then be double-weary of everything they say from that point on. It matters not how noble or "righteous" their topic was. Remember:

Check

Double-Check

then Re-Check

• Members
On 8/24/2017 at 9:20 AM, BabeinChrist said:

How is that a Roman Catholic statement?

Because I am NOT a Roman Catholic, but I do believe the KJV to be the Word of God. And of course Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, but the Jews hated Christ & one cannot read the Bible without noticing that.

Pontius Pilate even washed his hands and declared that he is innocent of the blood of this just man.

To which the Jews shouted, "His blood be upon us and our children".  So yes, they hated Christ.

i believe the Bible, not Zionist ideology.

what do you mean you are an "ethnic Jew"? They were scattered and I would think that everyone has a bit of "Jew" in them. 

For hundreds of years, the Roman Catholic Church blamed the Jews for "killing" Christ and have called Jews "Christ killers"....I know this from personal experience.  An ethnic Jew is a physical descendant of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.  My ethnicity is Jewish. My grandparents were Ashkenazi Orthodox Jews from Eastern Europe (Lithuania and Russia) and immigrated to the United States at the end of the 19th century.   Yes, the Jewish people were scattered throughout the world in 70AD, but they are returning to Israel (in unbelief)---fulfilling the Biblical prophecy of Ezekiel 37 (dry bones prophecy).  

The answer is no....everyone does not have a bit of "Jew" (whatever you mean by that) in them.  There are 3 classes of peoples (1 race) living on this earth, the Jew, the Gentile, and the Church of God, which is composed of saved Jews and Gentiles (1 Corinthians 10:32).

Zionist ideology?????  I am also a Christian Zionist.  Zionism is simply the belief that the Jewish people have a right to a homeland in the biblically promised land of Israel. It is no more, and no less.  Bible believing Christians, who are dispensational in their understanding of Scriptures, have always believed in God’s promise of the restoration of the Jewish people back to the land of Israel.

Irregardless of the fact that Pontius Pilate "washed his hands", it was the Romans who physically nailed Christ to the Cross. Did you ever stop and think that using such a statement like "the Jews killed Christ" or Jews are "Christ killers" just might prevent a lost Jewish soul from listening to the Gospel?  Since you are very much into soul winning, which is great....this might be something for soul winners to think about.  BTW, the world (mankind) hates Christ...not just the Jews.

Back to the topic of this thread....repentance.

Edited by LindaR

• Members

Whilst this whole thing is way off topic:

Acts 3:12-15
(12)  And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Acts 3:12-15
(12)  And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?
(13)  The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
(14)  But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
(15)  And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?
(13)  The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
(14)  But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
(15)  And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

Who exactly is Peter talking to? "Ye men of Israel".

There can be no dispute that the Romans were the ones who hammered in the nails.

There can be no dispute that the BLAME of him being nailed to the cross is ALSO in this passage laid upon the "men of Israel".

There also can be no dispute that it only happened because JEsus willingly allowed it to happen:

John 10:17-18
(17)  Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
(18)  No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

How about we stop this stupid disputing over who is to blame?

I don't immediately know of a verse that lays the blame specifically at the feet of "gentiles" as a group, but it was because of sin, by charges of the Jews, by the hand and under the authority of the Romans, and because Jesus submitted to it  SO THAT ALL MEN MIGHT BE SAVED if they believe on Jesus Christ (and no this is not a fully theologically correct statement, but YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN).

Unless you have a verse that says that one or more of these groups is blameless of the death of Christ, how about we stop the pointless bickering?

• Members
15 hours ago, LindaR said:

For hundreds of years, the Roman Catholic Church blamed the Jews for "killing" Christ and have called Jews "Christ killers"....I know this from personal experience.  An ethnic Jew is a physical descendant of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.  My ethnicity is Jewish. My grandparents were Ashkenazi Orthodox Jews from Eastern Europe (Lithuania and Russia) and immigrated to the United States at the end of the 19th century.   Yes, the Jewish people were scattered throughout the world in 70AD, but they are returning to Israel (in unbelief)---fulfilling the Biblical prophecy of Ezekiel 37 (dry bones prophecy).  

The answer is no....everyone does not have a bit of "Jew" (whatever you mean by that) in them.  There are 3 classes of peoples (1 race) living on this earth, the Jew, the Gentile, and the Church of God, which is composed of saved Jews and Gentiles (1 Corinthians 10:32).

Zionist ideology?????  I am also a Christian Zionist.  Zionism is simply the belief that the Jewish people have a right to a homeland in the biblically promised land of Israel. It is no more, and no less.  Bible believing Christians, who are dispensational in their understanding of Scriptures, have always believed in God’s promise of the restoration of the Jewish people back to the land of Israel.

Irregardless of the fact that Pontius Pilate "washed his hands", it was the Romans who physically nailed Christ to the Cross. Did you ever stop and think that using such a statement like "the Jews killed Christ" or Jews are "Christ killers" just might prevent a lost Jewish soul from listening to the Gospel?  Since you are very much into soul winning, which is great....this might be something for soul winners to think about.  BTW, the world (mankind) hates Christ...not just the Jews.

Back to the topic of this thread....repentance.

I don't believe in dispensationalism, nor do I deny any self-proclaimed "Jew" the Gospel out soul-winning. I give them the Gospel just the same as anyone else. They are sinners in need of a Saviour just like me or anyone else ....the thing I keep running into with Jews is they do not believe Jesus is Christ. They are waiting for their own "Christ" who will be the prophesied Anti-Christ.

The Talmud blasphemes Jesus in the worst way, and Judaism is based on the Talmud & Mishnah, btw, NOT the Torah. That is why the misnomer "Judeo-Christian" is an oxymoron, because Christianity is NOT affiliated with Judaism any more than it is (not) affiliated with the wicked religion of Islam. 

And I am aware of what Zionism is, and the promises God made to the Israelites were conditional upon their obedience, and they ALWAYS turned to false gods & worshiping Baal. THEY didn't fulfill their end so they defaulted. That is why Jesus came, to save the world from their sins, & yet, they rejected Him then, the same as many Jews reject Him today. Which is why He said He came unto His own & His own received Him not.

And the Jews moving to Israel (which was created by the UN in 1948) are not obeying God, either. They are merely committing genocide against the Palestinians & taking the land by force, paid for by our American tax dollars. We give "Israel" $8 MILLION PER DAY, which is roughly $3 BILLION annually...for what? So the military-industrial complex can bomb, maime, murder & terrify Palestinians....a portion of whom are Christians.

Ever BEEN to "Israel"? I have, and I can testify that the people there calling themselves Jews are the Synagogue of Satan, as spoken of by Jesus in Revelation 3:10.  They are STILL hateful of Christ,  & when I went last summer on a mission trip  to spread the Gospel with a group of brethren, we were shocked and horrified to see that Tel Aviv was exactly how Sodom was described in the days of Lot.....if you think San Fagcisco is bad, well Tel Aviv makes that wicked city look like a tea party.  EVERY foul, sexually perverse thing one can imagine(& more that one could never imagine)  goes on unashamedly & proudly, out in the open in Israel.

And the moment anyone found out We were not Jewish, they treated my brethren & I WORSE than animals. I was called a "filthy goy", was spat on, kicked, had my shirt torn off, was almost raped, and had my King James Bible snatched from my hands as I witnessed an Orthodox "rabbi" tear out pages from it and mimicked wiping his backside with it.

So, yes, for the Zionists out there that support the man-made Israhell & thinks they are poor, victimized sufferers at the mercy of the Palestinians, I say turn off your teLIEvision & go see for yourself, because it is the EXACT OPPOSITE.

Finally, Linda,  I find it interesting that you refer to Jews as a "class" of people, and Gentiles & believers as a different class. Class indicates hierarchy, and supremacy, & we are not to think we are better than anyone else. The Bible says that a "Jew" is one INWARDLY....NOT outwardly.

And just to clarify, I am not mad at you because you claim you are a Jew. I praise God that you believe & are saved & I hope those in Israel will believe on Christ because I don't wish any of them to suffer in Hell.

Have a blessed day.

• Members
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:00 PM, LindaR said:

Earlier I quoted Acts 2:22-24 . . .

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:12 AM, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Acts 2:22-24 -- "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it."

I really do not care that much about the dispute over "who really killed the Lord Jesus Christ."  However, I do care about claims that contradict the Scriptures of God.

In Acts 2:22-24 the apostle Peter himself, on the Day of Pentecost, under the filling influence of the Holy Spirit, accused the "men of Israel" of having "crucified and slain" the Lord Jesus Christ "by wicked hands."  He certainly DID blame the Jews of that sin.  Furthermore, he applied that accusation unto Jews who had gathered from a multitude of nations around Israel, Jews who very possibly had not even been present at the time of the crucifixion, and who very likely were not directly involved in the decision.  Finally, the apostle Peter made this declaration while out "soul winning" in relation to those very Jews.

On the other hand, I fully agree that the whole world stands in hateful opposition unto our Lord Jesus Christ (as the apostle Peter implied in Acts 4:26-28, which I also quoted above).

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

• Members
31 minutes ago, BabeinChrist said:

I don't believe in dispensationalism, nor do I deny any self-proclaimed "Jew" the Gospel out soul-winning. I give them the Gospel just the same as anyone else. They are sinners in need of a Saviour just like me or anyone else ....the thing I keep running into with Jews is they do not believe Jesus is Christ. They are waiting for their own "Christ" who will be the prophesied Anti-Christ.

The Talmud blasphemes Jesus in the worst way, and Judaism is based on the Talmud & Mishnah, btw, NOT the Torah. That is why the misnomer "Judeo-Christian" is an oxymoron, because Christianity is NOT affiliated with Judaism any more than it is (not) affiliated with the wicked religion of Islam. 

And I am aware of what Zionism is, and the promises God made to the Israelites were conditional upon their obedience, and they ALWAYS turned to false gods & worshiping Baal. THEY didn't fulfill their end so they defaulted. That is why Jesus came, to save the world from their sins, & yet, they rejected Him then, the same as many Jews reject Him today. Which is why He said He came unto His own & His own received Him not.

And the Jews moving to Israel (which was created by the UN in 1948) are not obeying God, either. They are merely committing genocide against the Palestinians & taking the land by force, paid for by our American tax dollars. We give "Israel" $8 MILLION PER DAY, which is roughly $3 BILLION annually...for what? So the military-industrial complex can bomb, maime, murder & terrify Palestinians....a portion of whom are Christians.

Ever BEEN to "Israel"? I have, and I can testify that the people there calling themselves Jews are the Synagogue of Satan, as spoken of by Jesus in Revelation 3:10.  They are STILL hateful of Christ,  & when I went last summer on a mission trip  to spread the Gospel with a group of brethren, we were shocked and horrified to see that Tel Aviv was exactly how Sodom was described in the days of Lot.....if you think San Fagcisco is bad, well Tel Aviv makes that wicked city look like a tea party.  EVERY foul, sexually perverse thing one can imagine(& more that one could never imagine)  goes on unashamedly & proudly, out in the open in Israel.

And the moment anyone found out We were not Jewish, they treated my brethren & I WORSE than animals. I was called a "filthy goy", was spat on, kicked, had my shirt torn off, was almost raped, and had my King James Bible snatched from my hands as I witnessed an Orthodox "rabbi" tear out pages from it and mimicked wiping his backside with it.

So, yes, for the Zionists out there that support the man-made Israhell & thinks they are poor, victimized sufferers at the mercy of the Palestinians, I say turn off your teLIEvision & go see for yourself, because it is the EXACT OPPOSITE.

Finally, Linda,  I find it interesting that you refer to Jews as a "class" of people, and Gentiles & believers as a different class. Class indicates hierarchy, and supremacy, & we are not to think we are better than anyone else. The Bible says that a "Jew" is one INWARDLY....NOT outwardly.

And just to clarify, I am not mad at you because you claim you are a Jew. I praise God that you believe & are saved & I hope those in Israel will believe on Christ because I don't wish any of them to suffer in Hell.

Have a blessed day.

OK babe, a little history here.

For hundreds of years, Turkey had ruled the middle east. 

H Grattan Guinness who was an astronomer and writer on prophecy wrote in about 1890 that the year 1917 would be a year in which would herald some reduction in Turkish power over Palestine.  He based that on the year 1917 being year 1335 in the Muslim calendar. There is a Turkish coin showing the year 1917 on one side and 1335 on the other. Light for the last Days.  This is also described in Michelle Guinness' book The Guinness Legend This is a history of the Guinness family. Mrs Guinness is a Jew and also wrote A child of the Covenant. Mrs Guinness says that H Grattan Guinness also based it on the 1260 days prophecy and that he had the date 1948 pencilled in his bible.  Grattan Guinness died in 1910.

In 1917 Allenby was made commander of the British forces in the middle east.  He was told by another General that he had no fear referring to H Grattan Guinness' book and that he would be in Jerusalem before the end of the year.  He was told "But Allenby, don't forget your big guns."  As he was leaving, he was told "But Allenby, when you get to Jerusalem, don't ride in state, that honour is reserved for one greater than you" In December 1917 Allenby and his troops arrived at the gates of Jerusalem and dismounted and led his horse into the city.

From that time the British were in control of the city, till after WW2.  Then the Jews were campaigning for independence. As a child I remember Jewish terrorism threats in London.  I can't remember any actual incidents but I can remember my dad taking me to see relatives in London.  We went on the underground railway, The Tube, and the train we were on did not stop at certain stops because of Jewish Terrorism threats.  

The Jewish Stern Gang carried out many atrocities including the bombing of the King David Hotel and he murder of the British governor of Egypt, himself a member of the Guinness family.

Soon after that the Arabs and Jews fought over the Holy Land.  The Arab High Command commanded all Arabs to leave the city to give their forces a free line of fire, promising that they would return in 6 months    Most of the Arabs left and they were forced to stay in the refugee camps to encourage hatred of the Jews.  More Jews were forced to leave Arab countries  but they were assimilated,.

The Jewish Stern Gang and the fighting forced the British to leave and the Jews proclaimed the State Of Israel.  The UN recognising the status quo recognised Israel and Jordan's rule over he remainder of he land.

After the 6 day war, Jordan abandoned its claim to the territories, so Israel as the possessors became the legal owners.

• Members
5 hours ago, BabeinChrist said:

Have a blessed day.

So we have learned that people in Israel are sinners and reject Christ.

Now go to Iran, China, or maybe North Korea on an open missions trip and see how they react to you and your presenting the gospel.

Didn't Christ say they hated him and they would hate us too? 

Folks here know that I don't claim to be a "dispensationalist" per se, but neither do I deny God's promises to Israel. It doesn't matter if every male Israeli citizen is a homosexual, wears bloomers with a bow in his hair, and openly practices sodomy with a wink and a grin while putting on lipstick...God is greater and will perform his word.

Your post saddened me beyond comprehension.

• Members
6 hours ago, BabeinChrist said:

Have a blessed day.

God made certain UNCONDITIONAL promises to Israel.

He will keep them regardless of the actions of Israel.The Jews today still know which tribe they are from. This idea that they are not really jews is largely rubbish.

My Sister went Israel and was not treated in the way you report. They had their Bibles out constantly and not one of them was treated as you report.

They guy who took them takes people every year and has NEVER BEEN TREATED the way you report by the Jews.

They are extremely careful in Jordan however, and are not allowed to take out their Bibles.

And there is no genocide going on in Israel. Do you know that they text the Palestinians before they fire on MILITARY targets?

They drop flyers before they fire on MILITARY targets. What does Hamas do in response? They gather as many civillians to their rockets sites as they can.

And then after an attack, they get civillians to lay around as though dead and take photos.

Not that civillians are not killed accidentally, but they add numbers to make it appear worse.

And Israel retaliates for suicide attacks on pre-schools, day care centres, cafe's, and other civilian targets.

Or they attack rockets sites (after giving notice) from where rockets are fired towards areas that have no military installations, only civilian structures.

There is SO MUCH WRONG with your post that it saddens me also.

You obviously simply accept what the media feeds you.

I know a missionary to Israel who has never been treated the way you report, and it is his life.

And he also sees the day to day issues of Israel vs Palestine, and I can asdure you your views on Palestine are wrong. 

• Members

The Palestinians were allowed to travel ti Israel for work, many went each day. but they used that as an opportunity to import bus bombers etc.  So Israel had to stop the workers coming.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

You are TRIPPIN

You base your assessment of YAH's Chosen People, on your own resentment.

Yes, many Palestinians are saved. Are YOU? "Babe" in Christ, because you think you're pretty? Do you realize that, that woman you were ridiculing, whose ancestors are inherently Jewish, was in her late sixties?

You use a very derogatory epithet, for an entire city, San Fransisco, regardless of their sexual orientation. That's hate mongering. Should anyone ever be a homosexual? Absolutely not. What on Earth do you think repentance functions as? It's an actual step to salvation, you blaspheming, discipleship-bastardizing dogmatic deviant!

• Members

Scott Markle

Who else would have been there?

Like, if he'd been in Independence, Missouri, would he not have said, "American men"?

Dude think with your brain, before slinging your central nervous system juices forceless.

Would you eat a baked potato without chives?

You're a tasteless salt, with such boundlessly baseless postulation.

• Members
On 8/24/2017 at 11:12 AM, Pastor Scott Markle said:

John 10:17-18 -- "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.  No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself.  I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.  This commandment have I received of my Father."

Acts 2:22-24 -- "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it."

Acts 4:26-28 -- "The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.  For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, for to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done."

On 8/26/2017 at 12:55 PM, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Earlier I quoted Acts 2:22-24 . . .

I really do not care that much about the dispute over "who really killed the Lord Jesus Christ."  However, I do care about claims that contradict the Scriptures of God.

In Acts 2:22-24 the apostle Peter himself, on the Day of Pentecost, under the filling influence of the Holy Spirit, accused the "men of Israel" of having "crucified and slain" the Lord Jesus Christ "by wicked hands."  He certainly DID blame the Jews of that sin.  Furthermore, he applied that accusation unto Jews who had gathered from a multitude of nations around Israel, Jews who very possibly had not even been present at the time of the crucifixion, and who very likely were not directly involved in the decision.  Finally, the apostle Peter made this declaration while out "soul winning" in relation to those very Jews.

On the other hand, I fully agree that the whole world stands in hateful opposition unto our Lord Jesus Christ (as the apostle Peter implied in Acts 4:26-28, which I also quoted above).

Let us just make sure we understand the postings against which the above contributor is speaking so harshly . . .

• Administrators
On 8/22/2017 at 8:22 AM, wretched said:

Our Lord never said (to us) to repent of our sins. The Book of Revelation is the only book in the NT that mentions repentance of sins (specific deeds or actions) and is directed to the harlot and those who remain during the tribulation.

"Our Lord never said (to us) to repent of our sins."  Matthew 4:17 (KJV) From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

"The Book of Revelation is the only book in the NT that mentions repentance of sins (specific deeds or actions) and is directed to the harlot and those who remain during the tribulation."    Mark 6:12 (KJV) And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

Wretched, isn't it kind of difficult to make adamant, blanket statements like you did when a simple search of Scripture proves otherwise?

• Members
59 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

"Our Lord never said (to us) to repent of our sins."  Matthew 4:17 (KJV) From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

"The Book of Revelation is the only book in the NT that mentions repentance of sins (specific deeds or actions) and is directed to the harlot and those who remain during the tribulation."    Mark 6:12 (KJV) And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

Wretched, isn't it kind of difficult to make adamant, blanket statements like you did when a simple search of Scripture proves otherwise?

Jim, the issue was the specific phrase to repent of your sins.

• Administrators

OK, do you suppose that the following verse would include "our sins" or "your sins"? Luke 13:5 (KJV) I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

I noticed that you did not address where you said: "The Book of Revelation is the only book in the NT that mentions repentance of sins".