• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are There Any Catholics On Here?

• Moderators

John, John, John, you are a sad and confused fellow. If you cannot see the difference between the Catholic emasculated, effeminate 'Jesus' )who is perpetually hanging on a cross, a Jesus that cannot save outside of the Catholic organization and the sacraments, a Jesus who is daily placed in an idolatrous monstrance and displayed as a cookie for all to bow to, a Jesus who is only a co-redeemer with his mother), and the Jesus of the Bible, (who is alone able to save, who is received by grace through faith alone, outside of ANY church, who would not even call His earthly mother, "Mother", but called her 'Woman', to show she held no authority over Him, the Jesus who made one sacrifice for sin for all time and is sitting at the right hand of the father in Glory, Himself alone the only Advocate and Redeemer, who went to the cross one, and is risen and in Glory, no longer on the cross), then you are truly not a saved man, or at least has not repented of your rebellion against the Lord's command to mark those who cause divisions contrary to the true doctrines of the Bible, and avoid them.

John, you need to get right with God, get out of the ungoldy Catholic insitution, get out from the Laodicean-style non-judgmental evangelical church and seek a church that will preach the truth of the Bible.  

• Members
23 hours ago, John Yurich said:

That Evangelical Protestant Church I attend on Sunday mornings is listed in the local yellow pages under Baptist. Pastor Steve is an ordained Baptist minister and everybody in the congregation states that they are Baptist  and refers to that church as a Baptist church. Well everybody in Hell is eternally separated from God. Pastor Steve preaches about Hell and states it is a real, physical place of eternal torment in fire where the unsaved go. Pastor Steve preaches in his sermons the biblical doctrine of salvation that salvation comes through accepting Jesus as ones Savior and Lord. When  I met with  Pastor Steve in April to arrange the Baptism I was asked if I accepted Jesus as my Savior and Lord. And when I answered in the affirmative then Pastor Steve accepted that I was really saved and a proper candidate for Baptism. Listen to some of Pastor Steve's sermons on www. rolchastings.org to find out that he preaches the biblical doctrine of salvation to shut you up with your insanity that he does not preach the biblical doctrine of salvation.

No need to be hostile.

I am only going off information found on his church website's statement of faith.

it means nothing if he's listed as a "Baptist" church in the yellow pages. 

Its the lack of Baptist identification in his statement of faith(which HE provided) & the lack of the Word "Baptist" in his church's chosen name. 

Also, salvation is by grace through faith ALONE in Jesus Christ. Professing Jesus as Savior & BELIEVING ON Him ALONE for payment of your sins isn't the same thing.

When I got baptized my Pastor asked first if I was sure if I died right then(before being baptized), did I KNOW I would go to Heaven.

I said, "Yes sir, absolutely".

He said, "why do you think you deserve to go to Heaven?" 

Me: "I don't deserve it, if God threw me in Hell, He would be perfectly just, because I am a sinner"

Pastor: "Then why are you sure you'll go to Heaven?"

Me: "Because I received salvation already.  Once I understood the Gospel it was like a light came on  & I realized that Jesus really DID pay for my sins, because He didn't have any sin of His own to pay for, so He paid for mine, yours...everyone's. And when God raised Jesus up from the dead 3 days later, that proves God will also raise me up to Heaven too"

Pastor: "Will God take away your salvation if , say, God forbid, you go out & steal a car or become an alcoholic?"

(At this point I was wondering if he was asking me a trick question or messing with my head, but in hindsight I understand why he asked)

Me: "No, I already have it. I didn't do anything to earn it & I can't do anything to keep it or lose it. I just know He gave it to me forever, and I will always have it now."

Pastor: "Amen"

Then he baptized me.

i realize now he was making sure I really BELIEVED, & wasn't just going through the motions, or mistakenly thinking the baptism could save me.

Edited by BabeinChrist
typo-I meant "a light came on", NOT went off

• Members
53 minutes ago, BabeinChrist said:

No need to be hostile.

I am only going off information found on his church website's statement of faith.

it means nothing if he's listed as a "Baptist" church in the yellow pages. 

Its the lack of Baptist identification in his statement of faith(which HE provided) & the lack of the Word "Baptist" in his church's chosen name. 

Also, salvation is by grace through faith ALONE in Jesus Christ. Professing Jesus as Savior & BELIEVING ON Him ALONE for payment of your sins isn't the same thing.

When I got baptized my Pastor asked first if I was sure if I died right then(before being baptized), did I KNOW I would go to Heaven.

I said, "Yes sir, absolutely".

He said, "why do you think you deserve to go to Heaven?" 

Me: "I don't deserve it, if God threw me in Hell, He would be perfectly just, because I am a sinner"

Pastor: "Then why are you sure you'll go to Heaven?"

Me: "Because I received salvation already.  Once I understood the Gospel a light went off & I realized that Jesus really DID pay for my sins, because He didn't have any sin of His own to pay for, so He paid for mine, yours...everyone's. And when God raised Jesus up from the dead 3 days later, that proves God will also raise me up to Heaven too"

Pastor: "Will God take away your salvation if , say, God forbid, you go out & steal a car or become an alcoholic?"

(At this point I was wondering if he was asking me a trick question or messing with my head, but in hindsight I understand why he asked)

Me: "No, I already have it. I didn't do anything to earn it & I can't do anything to keep it or lose it. I just know He gave it to me forever, and I will always have it now."

Pastor: "Amen"

Then he baptized me.

i realize now he was making sure I really BELIEVED, & wasn't just going through the motions, or mistakenly thinking the baptism could save me.

Pastor Steve of River of Life Church where I attend on Sunday mornings preaches that salvation comes by grace through faith alone in Jesus. Listen to some of his sermons on that website www.rolchastings.org and he preaches the biblical doctrine of salvation. I have an Independent Baptist guy friend who stated he accepted Jesus as his Savior and Lord during an Altar Call at his Independent Baptist Church when he was 12 years old and was Baptized via immersion at his Independent Baptist Church. His Independent Baptist minister asked him the same question that I was asked before he was Baptized and that is did he accept Jesus as his Personal Savior and Lord. On the website rolchastings.org it states "River of Life Church is a fellowship of believers in Jesus Christ. We seek to follow Him and bring glory to God. Our purpose is to tell people the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ and help them grow into faithful followers of Him.".

• Members
23 hours ago, John Yurich said:

Hey dope, I have always believed in and worshiped the biblical and historical Jesus as God. And the Apostles and Nicene Creeds state "We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God". Does that sound like a false jesus? Only a dope believes the Catholic Church believes in and worships a false jesus and not the biblical and historical Jesus as God. I did  repent in November 1997 when I came under the prompting of the Holy Spirit to accept the biblical and historical Jesus as my Savior and Lord during an Altar Call at a Non Denominational Church. And after that moment I started to trust entirely in Jesus alone for salvation. And I was Baptized via immersion(as a public profession of faith that I gave my life to Christ) on 21 May of this year after worship at that Baptist church  I attend on Sunday mornings. I have a lady friend at that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings and her Catholic father accepted Jesus as his Savior and Lord before he passed away last December and thus went to Heaven. That lady friend also stated that she believes that her deceased Catholic father had worshiped the biblical and historical Jesus as God at his Catholic parish.

That reprobate Bergoglio ('pope' Francis) said Jesus life ended "in failure.  The failure of the cross".  After I saw & read that -- I admit -- I have HATED Francis ever since. 

(See video link below)

Only a devil could utter such blasphemy, ingratitude & rejection of the Saviour.  

John, if you can watch this clip & still remain in the RCC, you should not be here.  Otherwise....RUN   as fast & far from the RCC & do not look back.

Edited by BabeinChrist
fixed video link

• Members
2 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

John, John, John, you are a sad and confused fellow. If you cannot see the difference between the Catholic emasculated, effeminate 'Jesus' )who is perpetually hanging on a cross, a Jesus that cannot save outside of the Catholic organization and the sacraments, a Jesus who is daily placed in an idolatrous monstrance and displayed as a cookie for all to bow to, a Jesus who is only a co-redeemer with his mother), and the Jesus of the Bible, (who is alone able to save, who is received by grace through faith alone, outside of ANY church, who would not even call His earthly mother, "Mother", but called her 'Woman', to show she held no authority over Him, the Jesus who made one sacrifice for sin for all time and is sitting at the right hand of the father in Glory, Himself alone the only Advocate and Redeemer, who went to the cross one, and is risen and in Glory, no longer on the cross), then you are truly not a saved man, or at least has not repented of your rebellion against the Lord's command to mark those who cause divisions contrary to the true doctrines of the Bible, and avoid them.

John, you need to get right with God, get out of the ungoldy Catholic insitution, get out from the Laodicean-style non-judgmental evangelical church and seek a church that will preach the truth of the Bible.  

River of Life Church where I attend on Sunday mornings does preach the truth of the Bible. Pastor Steve preaches the truth of the Bible every Sunday in his sermons.

• Members
19 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

John, I still haven't decided if you're for real or not.

Understand, when I see some of the things that you post, it appears that you are being subtle (and at other times, completely transparent) in what you're trying to convey...as though you are trying to mock certain aspects of what you perceive that Baptists believe...from such topics as guns, to homeschooling, to raising children, to theology...

At the same time, I don't want to cause you any harm if you're sincere.

Take the quote from you above...it very much reminds me of a saying; which is, ...

I wouldn't give you a nickel for _________.

Which basically means that something is worthless in the view of the one saying it.

I should have been more specific and state that some months at that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings I only put a nickel in the collection basket once a month and other months I put a nickel in twice a month. Since I am not yet a member of that Baptist church as I have not taken membership preparation class than I do not want to donate more  than a nickel at a time. But when I do become a member of that Baptist church than I will donate a dollar every Sunday.

• Members
9 minutes ago, John Yurich said:

I should have been more specific and state that some months at that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings I only put a nickel in the collection basket once a month and other months I put a nickel in twice a month. Since I am not yet a member of that Baptist church as I have not taken membership preparation class than I do not want to donate more  than a nickel at a time. But when I do become a member of that Baptist church than I will donate a dollar every Sunday.

I mean no disrespect, but I'm having a hard time understanding why an adult would put only a nickel in the collection plate. Or even just a dollar a week. Churches have bills to pay, missionaries to send, etc etc. Remember, it's really to God you are giving back to.

Edited by TheSword1227

• Members
3 minutes ago, TheSword1227 said:

I mean no disrespect, but I'm having a hard time understanding why an adult would put only a nickel in the collection plate. Or even just a dollar a week. Churches have bills to pay, missionaries to send, etc etc. Remember, it's really to God you are giving back to.

I am currently unemployed and residing in a homeless shelter for men in the small town I reside in where every men does not have to leave in the morning but can remain on the premises all day. Other homeless shelters in the big  town 20 miles away kick out the homeless in the morning. I am only getting 97 dollars a month in EBT Cash Support and 30 dollars a month goes to pay the cell phone bill. But I am looking for a full time Data Entry or other clerical position in the small town I reside in. If I am not yet a member of that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings then I do not see the reason to put more than a nickel in the collection plate at a time.

• Members
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:03 PM, Alimantado said:

Ok, so going back to what I said earlier then:

"And as for the Catholic church you attend, at some point you went through a fairly lengthy process of becoming a member that involved signing up to a load of doctrines, yes?"

You addressed this question by saying you weren't a convert, but can we now say that yes you did go through a process of learning and then professing belief in various creeds/doctrinal statements? And that your being confirmed as a member was conditional on professing those beliefs? Now you say you don't know whether the chief priest or whatever would question your membership of the church if he knew you've since ditched some of those beliefs that were a condition of your being confirmed as a member. I suggest maybe he would.

As for the Baptist church you go to, it sounds like folk 'self certify' and then they ask as few questions as possible. But I do wonder, if I asked to joined that church and I did as you did--told them that Jesus was my Lord and Saviour and made a public profession of it--and then it came out later, let's say over a cup of coffee with Pastor Steve, that when I'd said 'Jesus' I'd been referring to a giraffe at London zoo called 'Jesus', whether that would cause Pastor Steve to question my being a member of that church. And if the answer to that is yes, I wonder if other things, like being a member of a second church with very different doctrines, would be cause for concern in Steve's mind.

Yes if you stated that the 'Jesus' you had been referring to was a giraffe at London zoo called 'Jesus' then Pastor Steve would question you being a member of that church. I do not believe that it would be cause for concern in Pastor Steve's mind if he was cognizant of the fact that I would be a member of a second church with some different doctrines then his church.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, John Yurich said:

Yes if you stated that the 'Jesus' you had been referring to was a giraffe at London zoo called 'Jesus' then Pastor Steve would question you being a member of that church. I do not believe that it would be cause for concern in Pastor Steve's mind if he was cognizant of the fact that I would be a member of a second church with some different doctrines then his church.

We can debate Pr. Steve's opinion all day long, but there's only one way to find out. Ask him. (and come back and tell us what he said, cause I'm curious! :) Until then, this line of debate is moot.

• Members
1 hour ago, Salyan said:

We can debate Pr. Steve's opinion all day long, but there's only one way to find out. Ask him. (and come back and tell us what he said, cause I'm curious! :) Until then, this line of debate is moot.

Could you ask him for us, Salyan?

• Members
On 6/26/2017 at 10:22 AM, John Yurich said:

Hey dope, I have always believed in and worshiped the biblical and historical Jesus as God. And the Apostles and Nicene Creeds state "We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God". Does that sound like a false jesus? Only a dope believes the Catholic Church believes in and worships a false jesus and not the biblical and historical Jesus as God. I did  repent in November 1997 when I came under the prompting of the Holy Spirit to accept the biblical and historical Jesus as my Savior and Lord during an Altar Call at a Non Denominational Church. And after that moment I started to trust entirely in Jesus alone for salvation. And I was Baptized via immersion(as a public profession of faith that I gave my life to Christ) on 21 May of this year after worship at that Baptist church  I attend on Sunday mornings. I have a lady friend at that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings and her Catholic father accepted Jesus as his Savior and Lord before he passed away last December and thus went to Heaven. That lady friend also stated that she believes that her deceased Catholic father had worshiped the biblical and historical Jesus as God at his Catholic parish.

I count this a blessing John.  I have come across your kind many times before.  Your hedging your bets, the WORD of GOD is NOT good enough for you.  You're trying to be a good Catholic and a good Baptist so when you stand before the Pearly Gates, Saint Peter will let you in.  And if Peter's way was wrong, Christ will see that you were a good Baptist too, and that outweighed the error of yoking with the RCC and Jesus will let you into heaven.

John Yurich, this is what you're going to hear on the day of your judgement if you were to die today:

"...I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" - Matthew 7:23

John, do you believe that the King James Bible is God's preserved Word and that all others are fraudulent?  

20 hours ago, John Yurich said:

20 hours ago, TheSword1227 said:

I mean no disrespect, but I'm having a hard time understanding why an adult would put only a nickel in the collection plate.

19 hours ago, John Yurich said:

I am only getting 97 dollars a month in EBT Cash Support...

...I do not see the reason to put more than a nickel in the collection plate at a time.

What a mess.  If I were in your shoes, I would have joined a NT church by now and been dropping at least $9.70 in the collection plate every month.  As the Lord promises, that $9.70 would grow and grow to overflowing.

To the gentlemen who profess that repentance is not part of salvation.  John Yurich is the fruit of this false teaching of yours!  This poor fellow believes he's right with God while never having turned from his old wicked ways, he thinks they are fine and you agree that they are not!  Calvary Chapel's and the like are loaded with these false converts headed for hell because they were duped into believing a cursed gospel and way of salvation.

• Members
17 hours ago, John Yurich said:

I am currently unemployed and residing in a homeless shelter for men in the small town I reside in where every men does not have to leave in the morning but can remain on the premises all day. Other homeless shelters in the big  town 20 miles away kick out the homeless in the morning. I am only getting 97 dollars a month in EBT Cash Support and 30 dollars a month goes to pay the cell phone bill. But I am looking for a full time Data Entry or other clerical position in the small town I reside in. If I am not yet a member of that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings then I do not see the reason to put more than a nickel in the collection plate at a time.

I am very sorry to hear that John. I will pray for you that your situation improves.