• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are There Any Catholics On Here?

• Members
On 2017-6-23 at 5:26 PM, John Yurich said:

I was not growing in Christ but remaining still in Christ at the local Catholic parish because I chose not to get involved in any church activities at the local Catholic parish.

You never will grow with one foot in the RCC.

• Members

I helped pull some dear relatives out of the Roman Church several years ago. They now attend my Baptist church and reject all tenants of the Roman system of religion as practiced in the mass and purported by their dogma. I hope some day you will come to the full knowledge that you cannot serve Babel and Jesus Christ at the same time.

It sounds to me as if John Yurich is attempting to tell Roman Church members it is ok to be both as long as THEY REMAIN ROMAN CATHOLIC at heart.

• Members
9 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

I helped pull some dear relatives out of the Roman Church several years ago. They now attend my Baptist church and reject all tenants of the Roman system of religion as practiced in the mass and purported by their dogma. I hope some day you will come to the full knowledge that you cannot serve Babel and Jesus Christ at the same time.

It sounds to me as if John Yurich is attempting to tell Roman Church members it is ok to be both as long as THEY REMAIN ROMAN CATHOLIC at heart.

Praise God you were able to bring your family into the Truth. I come from a long line of Catholics and helped my own parents to become born again. Most of my relatives quietly left the RCC and joined different denominations.

There seems to be quite a bit of mixing law and grace going on today.Very difficult to leave a "works" theology church. I know of a Jewish lady who is roman catholic. She calls herself both a messianic Jew and a Hebrew Catholic. I think you are right about how some want to remain SOMETHING at heart. In her case she didn't want to lose her Jewishness.

For Catholics, it isn't just a religion, but a way of life.

• Members
4 hours ago, Invicta said:

I have just been watching a prgramme on yesterday channel called Forbidden History, about the vatican archives. They have 52miles of shelves of documents.  The Vatican is built on on pagan temples.  Osiris and Isis are integrated into Catholic saints.  Well we knew that, but I have not seen it said on TV before.  Some anti christians on there.  THey refer to Christians, not realising the the RCC church is not Christian, but pagan with and very thin Christian veneer.  Very interesting I don't know if you can get it oversseas but it is on  Uktvplay https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/forbidden-history/watch-online/?video=5453746319001

I'll have to check that out, thanks for posting the link. :)

I think the RCC is nothing more than satanism/Luciferianism in plain sight, as no real Bible-believing Christian indwelled with the Holy Spirit can be duped into believing it is Christian. 

In Luke, Jesus Christ HIMSELF sharply rebuked, (what I call) "the first 'Catholic'" :

"And it came to pass, as he (Jesus) spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it."   .....Luke 11:27-28

(The woman tried to praise Mary, but Jesus tells her "yea rather", meaning they that hear & keep God's Word are MORE blessed than Mary.)

I really believe the RCC despises the true Jesus of the Bible. I am NOT saying the average Catholic does, as I believe many are just born into the religion, are deceived and fear that leaving Catholicism means they are leaving their only perceived "chance" of making it to Heaven(they are brainwashed), which us who are saved know is not true.  But the actual institution & the Vatican, pope, and even most priests, KNOW EXACTLY how wicked it is. I mean, the pope is a Jesuit!

The pedophilia that runs rampant & swept under the rug is uncanny, and pope Benedict (and I believe, all popes) were/are top-ranking Freemasons:

benedict_aprondevilsign.jpeg

pope-gives-freemason-sign.jpg

sunworship.jpg

baalmonstrance.jpg

• Members

This fellow believes in the wrong Jesus and has not repented of his sins.  He needs to make repentance to God and put his trust in Jesus Christ (the Christ of the Bible).

The Catholic Jesus was not good enough to atone for man's sins and he is under Mary, in the RCC cult.  Both blasphemies.

The Holy Ghost burdened my heart and showed me the errors of Catholicism.  He would not let me rest until I removed my family from there and into a sound New Testament Church of the kind that Christ built and died for during his earthly ministry.

It was then that we began to really grow in grace and have our prayers answered by God through Christ and not by the devil.

• Members
3 hours ago, swathdiver said:

This fellow believes in the wrong Jesus and has not repented of his sins.  He needs to make repentance to God and put his trust in Jesus Christ (the Christ of the Bible).

The Catholic Jesus was not good enough to atone for man's sins and he is under Mary, in the RCC cult.  Both blasphemies.

The Holy Ghost burdened my heart and showed me the errors of Catholicism.  He would not let me rest until I removed my family from there and into a sound New Testament Church of the kind that Christ built and died for during his earthly ministry.

It was then that we began to really grow in grace and have our prayers answered by God through Christ and not by the devil.

That's what religion is: a system of works and man made traditions because Christ's atonement was (is) not enough according to them.

This is why Christianity is NOT a religion.

Praise God you left the RCC!

16 hours ago, BabeinChrist said:

Thanks for the photos.

Edited by TheSword1227

• Members
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, BabeinChrist said:

No, Pastor Steve teaches the false gospel of Lordship salvation(works).

I went to the website & I have concerns...

1. You claim it is Baptist, but "Baptist" is NOWHERE in the title. It is obviously non-denominational, ecumenical.

2. The statement of faith is that of a non-denominational church. Watered down, cookie cutter & not firm in beliefs.

3. They believe Hell is "eternal separation from God", but the Bible says it is a real, physical place of eternal torment in fire, where the unsaved go:

"So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.".......Matthew 13:49-50

That Evangelical Protestant Church I attend on Sunday mornings is listed in the local yellow pages under Baptist. Pastor Steve is an ordained Baptist minister and everybody in the congregation states that they are Baptist  and refers to that church as a Baptist church. Well everybody in Hell is eternally separated from God. Pastor Steve preaches about Hell and states it is a real, physical place of eternal torment in fire where the unsaved go. Pastor Steve preaches in his sermons the biblical doctrine of salvation that salvation comes through accepting Jesus as ones Savior and Lord. When  I met with  Pastor Steve in April to arrange the Baptism I was asked if I accepted Jesus as my Savior and Lord. And when I answered in the affirmative then Pastor Steve accepted that I was really saved and a proper candidate for Baptism. Listen to some of Pastor Steve's sermons on www. rolchastings.org to find out that he preaches the biblical doctrine of salvation to shut you up with your insanity that he does not preach the biblical doctrine of salvation.

• Members
7 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Hey dope, I have always believed in and worshiped the biblical and historical Jesus as God. And the Apostles and Nicene Creeds state "We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God". Does that sound like a false jesus? Only a dope believes the Catholic Church believes in and worships a false jesus and not the biblical and historical Jesus as God. I did  repent in November 1997 when I came under the prompting of the Holy Spirit to accept the biblical and historical Jesus as my Savior and Lord during an Altar Call at a Non Denominational Church. And after that moment I started to trust entirely in Jesus alone for salvation. And I was Baptized via immersion(as a public profession of faith that I gave my life to Christ) on 21 May of this year after worship at that Baptist church  I attend on Sunday mornings. I have a lady friend at that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings and her Catholic father accepted Jesus as his Savior and Lord before he passed away last December and thus went to Heaven. That lady friend also stated that she believes that her deceased Catholic father had worshiped the biblical and historical Jesus as God at his Catholic parish.

• Members
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:07 PM, BabeinChrist said:

You said you are growing in Christ at the Baptist church, which (correct me if I'm wrong) suggests you were not growing in Christ at the RCC. 

So why not just leave the RCC altogether & make the Baptist church your church home?

Do you tithe at both?

Do you believe the King James Bible is the Word of God?

Does your church go soul winning, and if so, do you go knock doors with them?

i apologize for all the questions, I just do not understand how you can tolerate the unscriptural teachings that confront you at the RCC.

Finally, please explain exactly WHICH teachings of the RCC do you believe are biblical? Because certainly, if the RCC actually BELIEVED in the sinless life, death, burial AND bodily ressurrection of Christ Jesus, they would NOT attempt to bring Him back down in Mass.

it just doesn't add up.

My take on the RCC is that it is an idolatrous, works-based, man-made false religion with its OWN scriptures(not based on the Word of God) it's OWN head(the pope), its OWN rules & bizarre rituals that resemble witchcraft & center eerily around death, as evidenced by their worship of dead body parts (relics):

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Answering more of the questions from above. Since I am at present only on the membership roll of  the local Catholic parish then I give money every Saturday. But since I am at present not on the membership roll of that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings then I only put a nickel in the collection plate 2 times a month. But after I take membership preparation class at the Baptist church and become a member a member than I will give money every Sunday. I accept the King James Version as the Word of God just like I accept the Catholic Version as the Word of God. No that Baptist Church does not go door to door but they have Gospel Tracts available to leave around  town. I do my witnessing via written communication on discussion forums by telling Catholics and others that the only way of becoming saved is by accepting Jesus as ones Savior and Lord and putting ones trust entirely in Him alone for salvation. The scriptural Catholic doctrines and parts of the Mass are the Bible as the inspired and infallible Word of God, that Jesus is God Incarnate, that Jesus was Crucified, in the Resurrection of Jesus, the Sign of the Cross, the Apostles and Nicene Creeds, the Gloria(prayer to the Holy Trinity), prayers to Jesus, the Lord's Prayer, the words of Jesus from the Last Supper.

• Members
3 hours ago, John Yurich said:

Answering more of the questions from above. Since I am at present only on the membership roll of  the local Catholic parish then I give money every Saturday. But since I am at present not on the membership roll of that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings then I only put a nickel in the collection plate 2 times a month. But after I take membership preparation class at the Baptist church and become a member a member than I will give money every Sunday. I accept the King James Version as the Word of God just like I accept the Catholic Version as the Word of God. No that Baptist Church does not go door to door but they have Gospel Tracts available to leave around  town. I do my witnessing via written communication on discussion forums by telling Catholics and others that the only way of becoming saved is by accepting Jesus as ones Savior and Lord and putting ones trust entirely in Him alone for salvation. The scriptural Catholic doctrines and parts of the Mass are the Bible as the inspired and infallible Word of God, that Jesus is God Incarnate, that Jesus was Crucified, in the Resurrection of Jesus, the Sign of the Cross, the Apostles and Nicene Creeds, the Gloria(prayer to the Holy Trinity), prayers to Jesus, the Lord's Prayer, the words of Jesus from the Last Supper.

I am sorry but you are a mixed up fellow. How can you call yourself a baptist when you give money to the false Catholic church.  The geat harlot of the book of Revelation. 

• Members
4 hours ago, John Yurich said:

But since I am at present not on the membership roll of that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings then I only put a nickel in the collection plate 2 times a month.

John, I still haven't decided if you're for real or not.

Understand, when I see some of the things that you post, it appears that you are being subtle (and at other times, completely transparent) in what you're trying to convey...as though you are trying to mock certain aspects of what you perceive that Baptists believe...from such topics as guns, to homeschooling, to raising children, to theology...

At the same time, I don't want to cause you any harm if you're sincere.

Take the quote from you above...it very much reminds me of a saying; which is, ...

I wouldn't give you a nickel for _________.

Which basically means that something is worthless in the view of the one saying it.

• Members

NoNics said:

"As a side note:

There was also a Dave-W on one of those other forums! Dave...you've got some explaining to do!  :laugh:"

I am a member of only one other "christian forum" and that is largely inactive.

The only other fora I am registered with are a number of car specific sites to help me keep my mighty Cruiser cruising and my zippy Neon zipping.

So I don't know who that is, but it isn't me.

And here's me thinking I was the only DaveW in the whole world!

:laugh:

• Members
33 minutes ago, DaveW said:

NoNics said:

"As a side note:

There was also a Dave-W on one of those other forums! Dave...you've got some explaining to do!  :laugh:"

I am a member of only one other "christian forum" and that is largely inactive.

The only other fora I am registered with are a number of car specific sites to help me keep my mighty Cruiser cruising and my zippy Neon zipping.

So I don't know who that is, but it isn't me.

And here's me thinking I was the only DaveW in the whole world!

:laugh:

...and if anyone runs across another "No Nicolaitans" anywhere...it's not me!!!

I belong to a couple of other Linux forums, but I use a different name on all forums that I'm a member of.

...harder for people to investigate you that way!  :laugh: