• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Gorship

Is the KJVO "movement" dying?

Haven't been on here in years but I can tell you from an outside perspective (foreign) that the constant in fighting, slandering, and arrogance of most IFB pastors is what is killing the KJB only to a certain degree.

45 minutes ago, 2Tim215 said:

... constant in fighting, slandering, and arrogance of most IFB pastors is what is killing the KJB only to a certain degree.

I would say that the majority of IFB pastors are actually humbly and quietly working and serving in their local areas and are mostly model Christians (There are over 6,000 IFB preachers in America). Its the very few public, limelight teachers (many not even pasotrs or IFB) that spread most of the contention that I have seen which give that impression to the masses who see their bad spirit. And conversely the same attitude in those of the Non-KJB limlight teachers do not help matters any.

Edited by John Young

7 minutes ago, John Young said:

I would say that the majority of IFB pastors are actually humbly and quietly working and serving in their local areas and are mostly model Christians (There are over 6,000 IFB preachers in America). Its the very few public, limelight teachers (many not even pasotrs or IFB) that spread most of the contention that I have seen which give that impression to the masses who see their bad spirit. And conversely the same attitude in those of the Non-KJB limlight teachers do not help matters any.

Sadly for us who do not reside in the States where the KJB and IFB are strong we only see those in the limelight and on the web and I must say that it doesn't paint a pretty picture. I am blessed though that I have enough understanding and knowledge now that I can ignore it and sift through for what I need. So far I have only found one consistent online preacher who does not play that game.

20 minutes ago, John Young said:

I agree with John Young. There are still a lot of humble IFB pastors, working hard, feeding the flock, working in the limelight, serving the Lord, have not compromised, and are staying faithful. 

Just now, Alan said:

I agree with John Young. There are still a lot of humble IFB pastors, working hard, feeding the flock, working in the limelight, serving the Lord, have not compromised, and are staying faithful. 

Mind messaging me a few names that I can check out?

15 minutes ago, 2Tim215 said:

Mind messaging me a few names that I can check out?

I was just about to leave when I noticed this. As I know you are in South Africa I will have to send you some with a church website. Most of the smaller churches do not have a website so I will have to find some of the larger churches that have a website. Tomorrow morning I will send you a private message with some men.

Off the top of my head, here on OnLineBaptist, John Young  is a pastor of a smaller church that has some sermons that he uploaded onto OnLineBaptist, Pastor Scott Markle has a website with a lot of fine sermons you can download and books that he has on his church website, Matt (the owner of OnLineBaptist), has a church website, Jim Alaska has a link to his home church, Old Fashioned Preacher (although on furlough) his old church in Kansas has a church website, Salyan's home church has a church website with some fine sermons that I have downloaded.

I am sure that I have missed some as I am pressed for time right now.

2 minutes ago, Alan said:

I was just about to leave when I noticed this. As I know you are in South Africa I will have to send you some with a church website. Most of the smaller churches do not have a website so I will have to find some of the larger churches that have a website. Tomorrow morning I will send you a private message with some men.

Off the top of my head, here on OnLineBaptist, John Young  is a pastor of a smaller church that has some sermons that he uploaded onto OnLineBaptist, Pastor Scott Markle has a website with a lot of fine sermons you can download and books that he has on his church website, Matt (the owner of OnLineBaptist), has a church website, Jim Alaska has a link to his home church, Old Fashioned Preacher (although on furlough) his old church in Kansas has a church website, Salyan's home church has a church website with some fine sermons that I have downloaded.

I am sure that I have missed some as I am pressed for time right now.

Thanks Alan. Will check these out. Appreciate it

8 minutes ago, Alan said:

, Old Fashioned Preacher (although on furlough) his old church in Kansas has a church website,

40 years preaching and I doubt any more than 6 of my sermons have ever been recorded, so you won't find any available from me.

Also, the website no longer exists (plus we didn't have any services recorded on there)

Sorry

Since Brother Alan specifically mentioned me, I will present the information for the website of the church over which the Holy Spirit has called me to pastor.  To be clear - I pastor a small country church in a small village within the Thumb area of Michigan, nothing of popular importance.

www.melvinbaptistchurch.com 

(Note: I struggled a bit with presenting this information because I do not desire to push myself forward in any manner.  Please receive this information in the spirit with which it was delivered.)

1. Pastor Ron Thomas, Rodges Baptist Church, Garland, TX, is a larger church that  love the Lord and has stayed true to the faith once delivered to the saints. They are able to have an extensive website with an extensive  audio and YouTube ministry to help those  who desire to listen to a good ministry over the internet.

Here is the link to their media ministry: http://www.rodgersbaptist.net/media/

2. The "Gospel Web," created by missionary James Dearmore, is a more extensive ministry with written articles concerning many different subjects, sermons, and issues. He also has a link to other fine IFB churches and ministries. 

Here is the link to the Gospel Web: http://www.gospelweb.net/mainindex.htm

As brother John Young and Old Fashioned Preacher mentioned, there are a lot of fine IFB churches still in America today. So often they are in the limelight. In fact, even some of the bigger ones like Rodgers Baptist Chruch are relatively unknown due to the fact they have a good spirit about their ministry, they do not create controversial issues to attract attention, they have not compromised the doctrines of the scriptures, they believe and practice in soul winning, are strong KJV, and have a sincere love for people.

Edited by Alan
grammar (2) link

Thank you for mentioning Rodgers Baptist Church bro. Alan. This was the sending church for the mission work in Alaska that became the church I was saved in. I have always wondered why this church and its pastor have not got more mention on Online Baptist. They are a well known church and responsible for many missionary plantings.

The late bro. James Dearmore was a missionary to Africa out of this church for many productive years, he was also a dear, personal friend of mine.

6 hours ago, Alan said:

1. Pastor Ron Thomas, Rodges Baptist Church, Garland, TX, is a larger church that  love the Lord and has stayed true to the faith once delivered to the saints. They are able to have an extensive website with an extensive  audio and YouTube ministry to help those  who desire to listen to a good ministry over the internet.

Here is the link to their media ministry: http://www.rodgersbaptist.net/media/

2. The "Gospel Web," created by missionary James Dearmore, is a more extensive ministry with written articles concerning many different subjects, sermons, and issues. He also has a link to other fine IFB churches and ministries. 

Here is the link to the Gospel Web: http://www.gospelweb.net/mainindex.htm

As brother John Young and Old Fashioned Preacher mentioned, there are a lot of fine IFB churches still in America today. So often they are in the limelight. In fact, even some of the bigger ones like Rodgers Baptist Chruch are relatively unknown due to the fact they have a good spirit about their ministry, they do not create controversial issues to attract attention, they have not compromised the doctrines of the scriptures, they believe and practice in soul winning, are strong KJV, and have a sincere love for people.

Thanks Alan, appreciate it. I have never heard of any of these that you have mentioned. Will definitely look into these. My home church is 1000 kms away so and my wife and I are probably the only KJB believers in our town. Though I tell the truth to anyone who will listen none do these days

14 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Since Brother Alan specifically mentioned me, I will present the information for the website of the church over which the Holy Spirit has called me to pastor.  To be clear - I pastor a small country church in a small village within the Thumb area of Michigan, nothing of popular importance.

(Note: I struggled a bit with presenting this information because I do not desire to push myself forward in any manner.  Please receive this information in the spirit with which it was delivered.)

Appreciate your candor Brother Scott

I have used the signature on some of those Bible corrector websites, and got some pretty good responses from people that are confused but looking for the right answers.

What do Bible correctors and Mormons have in common?
Article #8 of the Mormon Articles of Faith:
"We believe the Bible to be the Word of God in so far as it is translated correctly."

On 12/26/2018 at 5:07 PM, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Listened to some of your sermons yesterday. Such a blessing. Thank you