• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

1. swathdiver

swathdiver

• Similar Content

• By Roselove
      I’ve been interested in starting one of those plans where you are sent a study on each part of the Bible every day, until you get through the whole book, in a year. Has anyone done one of these? I want to make sure I use one with Biblically sound studies. Has anyone followed one that they trust?
    • By Alan
      Brethren,
      One of the main reasons why I joined OnLineBaptist was its adherence to the  King James Version of the Bible as the only version in the English language to be used as a scripture reference.
      Most of the folks here on OnLineBaptist know my stand for the KJV and my revulsion (yes, you read that correctly: revulsion), for any of the new versions (including the NKJV).
      After a thorough study of the issue (privately and up to a PhD in education), of the different versions of the Bible, I have long ago came to the conclusion that since the Revised Version (RV), of 1881 until the New King James Version (NKJV), all of these versions are corrupt in manuscript evidence, scholarship, integrity, and honestly.
      The current trend of folks using the newer versions on OnLineBaptist without the common courtesy to even mention which version they used, in my eyes, is deceitful. When a person signs on onto OnLineBaptist they know the rules concerning quoting from any version other than the KJV. So, in my eyes, the non-mentioning of which version they used is deliberate.
      Furthermore, intellectual honesty, a prerequisite for any serious Bible discussion, demands that the user of another person's material that is copyrighted to make known the material that they use. In the case of Bible versions, the abbreviated letters are enough; NIV, RV, RSV, NKJV, etc... This practice is well known, so, the usage of a non-KJV scripture passage, and not mentioning the version, in my eyes, is intellectually dis-honest. 
      Forgive me for being so blunt. To me this is a cardinal issue of extreme importance.
      Lastly, when an author makes a mistake, he should go back and correct that mistake. In the current case in point, the individuals who used a non-King James Version, needs to go back to every time they used the non-King James Version and either delete the reference, strike out the offending passage, or delete the entire passage.
      Regards,
      Alan
    • By Jordan Kurecki
      What is everyone’s thoughts on the Thompson Chain Reference Bible? I really did not like it the first time I saw one, but now I’ve come to realize that it is a great tool for getting into God’s word and digging into it. I have found it stimulates my devotional reading and is very helpful for digging into the different topics in a particular text. I like that it causes you to just move around in the Bible day apart from some notes in the back it has basically no theological bias. 
    • By Alan
      I saw this poem in the March 10, 2017, Vol. LXXXIII, No. 5, issue of 'The Sword of the Lord.' The Poem did not list any credits, or an author, and may be found on page 3, under, 'For Preachers.'
      My Bible
      Though the cover is worn
      And the pages are torn
                        And though places bear
                      traces of tears,
      Yet more precious than gold
      Is the Book, worn and old,
                         That can shatter and scatter
        my fears.
      When I prayerfully look
          In the precious old Book,
                                 As my eyes scan the pages I
      see
      Many tokens of love
            From the Father above
                              Who is nearest and dearest
            to me.
      This old Book is my Guide;
      'Tis a Friend by my side;
                         It will lighten and brighten
            my way.
      And each promise I find
                 Soothes and gladden my mind
                  As I read it and heed it
      today.

• By John Young
      What soul winning Bible do you use and why?