• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I'm looking for a good internet service

• Members

Miss Rosie, much will depend on what is available where you live.

We only have two options where I live...

1. AT&T

2. Satellite 

Even though we live in our city, our street is one of the only streets without cable, so a cable internet provider isn't available.

We use AT&T, because Satellite internet costs as much (or more), but it limits you on how much time you can spend online before they slow down your internet speed.

Internet is all we have with them...no phone service or anything else...just internet.

We have one of the mid-range-cost plans ($52 a month). You can usually get it cheaper when you first sign up. We paid $25 a month for two years, then it went up to the normal price.

Like I said though, it will depend on what's available in your area. If I remember correctly, you live in a somewhat rural area? You should be able to check with your local city/county to see what's available where you live. Despite what I said about Satellite internet, that does give some people the best option.

• Members

thank you N N.. my phone service is bad here.. I have spectrum, but was looking for something a little less expensive.. I signed up a year ago for 30 a mon n next month it goes up to 50..

• Administrators

I never use those big outfits for Internet. I have always used simple local telephone service. You only have to have telephone and Internet so it is relatively inexpensive. And not service contracts, I like that part. My bill for telephone and Internet is $38 per month. I have always found that my local telephone company was the best service and the less expensive than the big guys.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Rosie said:

you must live in an expensive area Jim as the local phone services here are sky high.. thank you for your input...I will check these out

Strange Rosie, I didn't think that $38 per month was expensive for both phone and Internet. My base amount for just phone through my local phone company is $18, the rest is Internet $20. Of course any long distance is extra.