• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Baptism.....

• Members

Maybe I am wrong on this one, but I can only think of one passage wherein the instruction (not the example) to baptize is given -- Matthew 28:18-20.  In that passage, ALL of the authority seems clearly to be our Lord's authority.  Who then is instructed under our Lord's authority to baptize?  The same individuals who are instructed to go and teach the gospel unto all nations.  The same individuals who are instructed to teach converts all of the things whatsoever our Lord has commanded us.  The same individuals unto whom our Lord promised to be with them unto the end of the world.  So then, who ARE those individuals; for they are the very same individuals who are instructed to baptize new converts.

• Members
21 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Maybe I am wrong on this one, but I can only think of one passage wherein the instruction (not the example) to baptize is given -- Matthew 28:18-20.  In that passage, ALL of the authority seems clearly to be our Lord's authority.  Who then is instructed under our Lord's authority to baptize?  The same individuals who are instructed to go and teach the gospel unto all nations.  The same individuals who are instructed to teach converts all of the things whatsoever our Lord has commanded us.  The same individuals unto whom our Lord promised to be with them unto the end of the world.  So then, who ARE those individuals; for they are the very same individuals who are instructed to baptize new converts.

Excellent point! 

• Members

While were on the topic of Baptism...

There are a lot of "baptizers" who do not know how to baptize according to scripture, such as the RCC (Roman Catholic Church), who I consider modern day Pharisees. And there is no such thing as infant baptism. As a missionary, I baptize true believers. Whenever, and wherever...as long as there is enough water for the person to be completely submerged in. The Greek for for baptize is "baptizo", and it means to completely submerse in, not sprinkle water over.

And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized. (John 3:23)

I baptize believers wherever there is "much water". In the bathtub, beaches, anywhere there a believer can be completely submersed.

It is a direct command from our Lord to be baptized. I would say to get baptized as soon as you are converted:

And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. (Acts 2:37,38)

God Bless,

Daniel

Edited by (Omega)
Where to baptize