• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Climate change

• Members

The vast majority of people whining about "climate change" are the same folks who eagerly support the "LGBT" agenda, gun control and think it's perfectly fine to murder the unborn while being outraged if someone kills a turtle, lion, gorilla, or shark. Why would I believe what they have to say about anything?They say that "ice ages" occurred during the "Pleistocene" but that the earth then, warmed up by itself, and melted all that ice. But now they say that mankind is causing it.

I believe that God still controls the weather and all the other major natural processes. I also believe that the main impetus behind this "climate change" agenda is about swaying public opinion in order to wipe out privately owned industry. They're doing the same thing to facilitate "gun control" AND to do away with private property.  It's all about totalitarian control. I say, if you want to be controlled like that, move to North Korea.

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

Dave,  Years ago I read that oil and coal is still being made in the bowels of the earth.  During the Cold War, the Soviets dug for oil far deeper than we had to so they could get oil.  53,000 feet I seem to remember.  There was also studies read that said oil was not organic, that it picked up organic materials as it traveled through the soil, that it was produced in the bowels of the earth, near the molten core.  

Interesting stuff but not compelled to look into it more or hang my hat on any of it.  I do know this, the left always lies for their entire ideology is contrary to the Bible and that God is in control.  I'm all for nuclear power, my home is powered by the split atom from the two Combustion Engineering reactors not five or six miles away as the crow flies.  

• Members
On 8/14/2017 at 0:27 PM, Invicta said:

So you condemn them by association, even though they are not associated.

"Condemn" is a pretty strong word. But I do judge folk by their fruit. Everything I mentioned is in the "Left's" agenda. But I didn't say "all" I said "the vast majority" do thus and so. For example, I have a first cousin who I love dearly. He believes the "climate change" nonsense but also holds to the second amendment, thinks a man aught to marry a woman, and hates abortion.

19 hours ago, Alan said:

Add China to the list.

Sad. My Wife's good friend is Chinese, born and raised in the PRC under "Chairman Mao" and my son is marrying a woman from the former Soviet Union. Their folks still live over there and it kind of brings these places a lot closer to home for me.

Edited by heartstrings

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Recently read an article on the melting of the so-called permafrost in the arctic, and how terrible it will be as new amounts of carbon are released into the atmosphere, frozen microbes will come to life and kill people, etc.

As for the microbes, I suspect this area was frozen around the time of the flood, so any microbes probably aren't harmful. as for the carbon, well, consider this used to be a forested area, like the rest of the earth once was. There may yet be seed from that forest frozen there, which can revive and sprout and thrive, due to the extra carbon released. We may end up with an amazingly fertile area where there was once only ice. I think that's a positive thing. People living there are excited at the possibility of beginning to farm there. I think the benefits will far outweigh the negatives.

• Administrators

The permafrost is not melting. Alaskans see no evidence of this with one exception that has always been the rule. This rule is that permafrost will  melt whenever humans expose it to direct sunlight. Other than that, the temperatures in Alaska have remained what they have always been on average.

Even in Alaska's warm summers permafrost have never melted naturally, that's why it is called "PERMAFROST", because it is permanently frozen.

Edited by Jim_Alaska
spelling

• Members
5 hours ago, swathdiver said:

The earth needs more carbon, carbon dioxide, the stuff our plants breathe in.  

Some tomato growers who grow the plants under glass, add CO2 to the atmosphere as the optimum they can use is up to 10% more than in the air.  I suppose that is because much carbon was taken out by the flood and buried,

• Members

They like to do this with hydroponic crops too.  Whatever they're growing, all the plants benefit from increased CO2.  So who's really trying to destroy the green planet?  It's the foolish liberals trying to limit carbon (dioxide) footprints.

Only a person totally opposed to the Lord can be wrong about, well, everything!

• Members
16 minutes ago, swathdiver said:

They like to do this with hydroponic crops too.  Whatever they're growing, all the plants benefit from increased CO2.  So who's really trying to destroy the green planet?  It's the foolish liberals trying to limit carbon (dioxide) footprints.

Only a person totally opposed to the Lord can be wrong about, well, everything!

I think most tomatoes and cumbers grown under glass are grown with hydroponics.  The current fad is tomatoes ripened on the vine.  They look great, smell good but are watery and tasteless. There are some exceptions but they are expensive.  Fortunately I have had a good crop of toms from my garden this year, but the ones I grew under glass were a disaster.  

• Members

About 15-20 miles from here is an area known as the Isle of Thanet.  It was a major cauliflower growing area for decades or more. One of the growers said the supermarkets recently would not even pay the price it cost him to produce them, so he rented his fields to a company called Thanet Earth.  They grow toms and cues by hydroponics all the year round most are tasteless. There was a news report on light pollution in the area and they showed a photo from space and Thanet Earth could clearly be seen as brighter than anywhere else in the area.

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators

tooldtocare, you didn't quote the post you are referring to. Personally I didn't see any post that was off topic. The topic of climate change often includes subjects such as plant growth and fossil fuel because they are inter-related.

It's customary on most forums, including this one, for new members to introduce themselves so that we know a bit about you and can properly greet you and welcome you to the forum.

You can introduce yourself here.