• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Lying before GOD

• Members

With what you've said, my answer would be...yes.

Matthew 12:31-32King James Version (KJV)

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

• 5 months later...
  • Members
On 5/29/2017 at 7:27 PM, paperwaves said:

If a person basically swore before God saying, before God I say this, and lied, can he or she be forgiven if they completely regret and repent for it? 

The Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit can only have been done in Jesus's days. And as Alan said, there is only one sin that cannot be forgiven. It is attributing Jesus' works to Satan; (Matt. 11:18; Mk. 3:22; Lk. 7:33; Jn. 10:21,22). The Word of God says that he performed so many miracles that all the libraries in the world could not contain them. Seeing the countless number of miracles and telling the Holy Spirit that the work is of the Devil? The only sin that I can think of where you CANNOT repent after the sin is done...is Suicide. If you're telling God, yourself, and your friends and family, that you are going to kill yourself, there leaves no room to repentance. You can't say, "I'm going to repent afterwards,", or how reprobates say, "You could always repent afterwards." (after deliberately sinning). You're basically saying, I don't plan on repenting....because you CAN'T!