• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

In one Word!

• Members

In one word,what would you say is the single and most needful ingredient missing from our independent Baptist churches today? for example I believe it is probably spiritual discernment. others may be standards , loyalty, fellowship, trust, prayer, .........etc.

please give an explanation for your answer. thanks

Edited by Joe Coley

• Members

Spiritual discernment is two words.....:laugh:

Hey, you are a member here now, so post these in the lounge. 

This section is for non-baptists to post without becoming members.

Sort of like "what would like to ask a baptist about?"

By the way, I hope this doesn't come accross as any sort of rebuke - it is information only. You are free to keep posting here as well if you wish, but you will get more discussion in the main forum area.

Dave

• Members

Repentance. 

Psalm 126:5-6. There is no joy without tears, and when was the last time you were in a church service where the members were completely broken over their sin, their coldness, their spiritual and intellectual arrogance and the refusal of the Holy Spirit to put His stamp of approval on their "correct" activity?

• Members

WW repentance is a great need for sure . sadly the brokenness over our condition has failed in the church of the last days! every man does that which is right in his on eyes, and the only sin we cant see is the ones in our own life.

• Members
3 hours ago, Joe Coley said:

In one word,what would you say is the single and most needful ingredient missing from our independent Baptist churches today? for example I believe it is probably spiritual discernment. others may be standards , loyalty, fellowship, trust, prayer, .........etc.

please give an explanation for your answer. thanks

Fellowship.

From what ive seen in my area, church buildings are not designed for fellowship. There's just a service 2 or 3 times a week, it lasts for 90 minutes, we say hello and goodbye and that's the most of it as everyone heads for the door. Perhaps theres a few minutes of fellowship "in church" but none outside of "church". No bible studies, no tracting, maybe a church picnic once a year... cornhole anyone?

• Administrators

Holiness.  "Be ye holy; for I am holy."  Holiness would include standards, spiritual discernment, Bible reading, etc., etc.   Much of the church today seems to be concerned with how close to the world it can get rather than how close to God it can get.