• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Paradise - by Mark Cahill

• Members

Paradise is novel of 220 pages, by Mark Cahill from 2013. It is his 1st novel, although he has written 3 "non-fiction" books on soul-winning. Paradise is his first of 3 novels. (Paradise, Reunion, and The Last Ride - which partly carry into one another but each could be considered stand alone novels and need not be read in order).

Some may rightly think, oh no not another "Christian novel". But all scriptures are taken from the King James Bible (in all his books). I myself am not a fan of novels so much, but Cahill has an interesting writing take in his novel and is useful for both Christians and unbelievers, as it would make a good gift for a lost friend or family member. Many people don't like to read, and gifting "The Genesis Record" by Henry Morris (or something similar) would be overwhelming. Perhaps they might read a novel if it sounds interesting. Which I say it is and would recommend it, as Paradise is a fast paced novel, that makes you think and keep turning the pages wondering where the story goes.

The main character is Josh, an unbeliever who is on a vacation trip with 3 college friends to Hawaii. Josh thinks Hawaii is a paradise on earth. He is confronted with the gospel and hears of the heavenly paradise. His vacation time on Hawaii is limited, but thinks upon the eternal Paradise. A lot of information is included in the novel, like how the bible is true, info on creation, archeology and reliability of it, the resurrection of Jesus and more. All info is clearly presented and understandable for new readers and even a well studied Christian might learn a thing or two.

Overall this book is "entertaining" because of the novel format. There is also information on Hawaii and the "sight seeing" there. I won't get into the story. I've spoiled nothing and if this sounds of interest, then definitely check it out. An enjoyable adventure.

-Jake

• Members

I haven't read that particular book, but Mark Cahills book "The One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven" helped make me more passionate about personal evangelism.

I have had at least a dozen conversations with Mark via email, and know he is a KJV Independent Baptist.

He has excellent tracts and videos. I would recommend his stuff to everyone on MarkCahill.org