• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Big News

• Members
Congratulations, Rancher!!

How many do you have already, or is this your first?

My wife is due with our first in about 5 weeks. :cooldude:

This will be our first. We have been married for 2 1/2 years. Had concidered adoption, but God had his own timing. We were to begin clases with DHS in June for foster care. My brother ended up in the hospital in surgery. Classes had to wait. Then we had trouble getting back with the DHS worker. She finally called a couple of days after we found out we were expecting. God knows how to keep everything according to his plan. Hope all goes well with your first bundle of joy.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Congratulations!!! Your baby will be just a little bit younger than ours (due January 31st). Samer and I can't wait! I think it's awesome how many people on OB are expecting!

Just a little more than a month apart. We are very excited. It is amazing that you can be so excited, and yet have it coupled with such a great fear. I want to be the best dad in the world. I want to be sure to instill a proper love for God. And yet I see my imperfection. So I know I have to do a lot, a lot of leaning on God to guide me in being a good father.

Kind of strange. The day after we found out we were expecting, my mom was talking to my aunt (my aunt had just lost her dad and was letting us know when the funeral was) and found out my cousins wife is due for their second within a few days of ours.They live 6 hours away, which is sad in that I wish the kids could grow up playing together. That is one sad thing for our baby. We have a very small church. We pick up bus kids, but there are no good children in the membership. The only other married couple are my mom and dad. But I am sure God will provide friends for our child when he sees the time is right.

• Members

Just a little more than a month apart. We are very excited. It is amazing that you can be so excited, and yet have it coupled with such a great fear. I want to be the best dad in the world. I want to be sure to instill a proper love for God. And yet I see my imperfection. So I know I have to do a lot, a lot of leaning on God to guide me in being a good father.

Kind of strange. The day after we found out we were expecting, my mom was talking to my aunt (my aunt had just lost her dad and was letting us know when the funeral was) and found out my cousins wife is due for their second within a few days of ours.They live 6 hours away, which is sad in that I wish the kids could grow up playing together. That is one sad thing for our baby. We have a very small church. We pick up bus kids, but there are no good children in the membership. The only other married couple are my mom and dad. But I am sure God will provide friends for our child when he sees the time is right.

I understand how you feel. I think the very fact that you realize you can't do it on your own, that you need the Lord's leadership pretty much shows that you'll be a good dad. I know the Lord has shown me how MUCH I need him in everything. I have fear about being a good mom. I see the responsibility and that it is great.

I'm so excited for you and everyone expecting on this board. Sooo wonderful!

• Members
Rancher, Ashley told me about this Sunday. In fact, one of the reasons I logged on today was to offer my congrats. God bless you and your family.

BTW, both of my daughters are expecting.

Thanks Bro Boyd. I have not had a chance to talk to Ashley since finding out, but I knew her mom would have gotten her the news. Congratulations on the grandbabies coming. Maybe after the baby is born we can get up to see you at your church.

• Members

I understand how you feel. I think the very fact that you realize you can't do it on your own, that you need the Lord's leadership pretty much shows that you'll be a good dad. I know the Lord has shown me how MUCH I need him in everything. I have fear about being a good mom. I see the responsibility and that it is great.

I'm so excited for you and everyone expecting on this board. Sooo wonderful!

I feel sure you and Samer will be great parents. I can see you will lean on God for guidance. We may have to have Bro Matt set up a new parents group so we can compare notes and get advice as to how each other are handling raising the gifts God has placed in our care.

• Members

I feel sure you and Samer will be great parents. I can see you will lean on God for guidance. We may have to have Bro Matt set up a new parents group so we can compare notes and get advice as to how each other are handling raising the gifts God has placed in our care.

That's actually a really good idea!

• 1 month later...
  • Members
We went to the doctor yesterday. They said they are 98% sure we will be having a girl. Everything seemed to look good. She seems healthy!!! God is so good to us!!!!

Praise God!!! Congratulations and may God bless and keep you all throughout this joyous time.