• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members
44 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

Southern Baptist and IFB but not entirely. I personally haven't come across any IFB's or Southern Baptists who are "Arminian" in doctrine but, unfortunately, there are some in each of these labels who are Calvinists. You would just have to visit a church and find out if it is or isn't.

I listened to a radio preacher for a couple years before I realized that he was a calvanist, hope I'm not in a church that long before I figure it out LOL 

• Members

The only baptist church I know around here that uses the KJV is a Gospel Standard Church, that is a Strict and Particular Baptist, an ulra calvinist church. There  is another that recently changed from NIV to KJV but after the family that forced that through all left the church, I am not sure if they still do.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

I know of a Maranatha Baptist church near where I live. It is very conservative. The women dress much like the Mennonites/Amish. Very plain, long dresses.

I used to attend American Baptist. It has an early Sunday service run only by the laity and the pastor rarely ever attended. When he did, he sat in the back. The laity would put on skits and each week a different person would give the sermon.

On 6/13/2017 at 0:22 PM, Baptistsenior said:

I listened to a radio preacher for a couple years before I realized that he was a calvanist, hope I'm not in a church that long before I figure it out LOL 

Might be a good idea when looking for a church to set up an appointment with the pastor and ask what his beliefs are.

Edited by TheSword1227

• Members
On 6/25/2017 at 7:42 AM, TheSword1227 said:

Might be a good idea when looking for a church to set up an appointment with the pastor and ask what his beliefs are.

I knew an Independent Fundamental Baptist church who got a new Pastor who swore he wasn't Calvanist, within a couple years that church got rid of the KJV and became a Calvanist church 

• Members
30 minutes ago, Baptistsenior said:

I knew an Independent Fundamental Baptist church who got a new Pastor who swore he wasn't Calvanist, within a couple years that church got rid of the KJV and became a Calvanist church 

What Bible do they use now? ESV?

• Members
2 hours ago, swathdiver said:

For the English language, anything other than the King James Bible.

What I see happening is the subtle watering down of the scriptures by many of these modern versions. However, I anger a lot of Christians on some of these site forums when I say this.

I do prefer the KJB, but will read other ones from time to time.I am old enough to remember when the King James was the bible of most churches. Then the NIV came along and the rest as they say is history.

Edited by TheSword1227

• Members
13 hours ago, TheSword1227 said:

I do prefer the KJB, but will read other ones from time to time.I am old enough to remember when the King James was the bible of most churches. Then the NIV came along and the rest as they say is history.

Then you don't mind moving from non-fiction to fiction?  ALL of the modern versions are based on the fraudulent Sinaiticus and non-existant Septuagint.  There is no chain of custody for the Septuagint.  The Sinaiticus was written on the Isle of Patmos around 1843, it has no earlier chain of custody.

Whereas the Masoretic text was quoted by our Lord and Savior Himself and thousands upon thousands of manucripts that make up the Received Text can be traced all through history.

Those phony bibles might contain the word of God here and there but they are not THE word of God.  It's like drinking coffee with arsenic in it.  Designed by the devil to lead you astray.  The weakest Christians are those who foolishly cling to their phony bibles.  They hardly grow in grace and are surrounded by false converts who know little better than they.

The KJV still outsells the NIV.  It's #2 but not #1.

• Members
3 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Then you don't mind moving from non-fiction to fiction?  ALL of the modern versions are based on the fraudulent Sinaiticus and non-existant Septuagint.  There is no chain of custody for the Septuagint.  The Sinaiticus was written on the Isle of Patmos around 1843, it has no earlier chain of custody.

Whereas the Masoretic text was quoted by our Lord and Savior Himself and thousands upon thousands of manucripts that make up the Received Text can be traced all through history.

Those phony bibles might contain the word of God here and there but they are not THE word of God.  It's like drinking coffee with arsenic in it.  Designed by the devil to lead you astray.  The weakest Christians are those who foolishly cling to their phony bibles.  They hardly grow in grace and are surrounded by false converts who know little better than they.

The KJV still outsells the NIV.  It's #2 but not #1.

Yep, I know where the modern versions come from. I spent a lot of time arguing against them on another site forum and a bunch of christians jumped on me and tried to skin me alive.

Edited by TheSword1227