• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Matthew 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

It's just amazing how prophecy is fulfilled and is coming to pass. I realize that much of "professing Christianity" is apostate. Many Christians whether truly born again or not ignore the negative parts of scripture. It's one thing to be saved but another to be right with the Lord. It's difficult to find good teaching of the word these days, and for new Christians I know it must be overwhelming to those who are diligently seeking him. Sin is everywhere and its deceptive and distracting. It's one thing to be doctrinally right, but another to be used of God  in the ministry, even if its just gospel tracting and witnessing. There must be a "falling away" first, which I believe we are in. And brethren its tough for a young, single, male, Christian in 2017 in America not to fall away. I'm referring to myself first and foremost - 1 Corinthians 2:15 and 1 Corinth. 11:31 etc - but also those whom I had to break fellowship with (i.e charismatics and those denying eternal security).  I know "falling away" that does not mean a loss of salvation (apostasy). I think its more concerning doctrine and service more than sin, but (?) Still there is much disputing of doctrine between saved brethren.  I'm just saying I need to keep myself in check and keep judging myself as I fear being part of that falling away ( 2 Thessalonians 2:3 ) or is it all of us in one way or another?

It's also amazing how lost sinners fulfill scripture in the lives of Christians. Whether our old lives catch up to us thru old friends and tempt us, sin. Whether we are decieved by false teachers and are pulled into error, apostasy. Whether we serve God but suffer persecution. Whether we just check the news and see prophecy on the edge... Woe unto the world! If we are in God's word and stay in fellowship with him we shouldn't be discouraged. Sure bad things are happening but we have overcome the world. Don't let the woe of the world come by you.

To get into the negative text of Mt. 18:7 - bad things are gonna happen, they must happen, they're inevitable because that's the way the world is. There is great woe in the world - great sorrow. But its the sorrow of the world that worketh death. ( 2 Corinth. 7:10 ). They bring it upon themselves and refuse to repent in godly sorrow unto salvation. Woe unto them! Hypocrites, evildoers, liars, cowards, traitors, God haters, one day they will stand before him and will receive that woe and sorrow for their offences with weeping and gnashing of teeth! Oh how "negative" and "judgmental" thinks apostate Christianity but they don't preach the gospel. They won't tell them God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. I have family that isn't saved and if they don't get things figured out their damnation is just. It's sad to see them reject Christ. But I chose Christ and know not to put anyone before him. And living for Christ includes serving others and praying, and ministering to them. Many say the Great White Throne is not a judgment for Christians.... and no its not. - But it will be for Christians that never witnessed to their friends and family that never got saved and then they see them being cast into the lake of fire. Don't get me wrong, the Christian is not cast in. But i believe the Christian will see those they know be cast in, and if they never witnessed to them it will be a judgment on their conscience that they never told them how to be saved... maybe that could have changed things... but if we witness and take a stand for the gospel our conscience is clear and we will say amen.

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

PS. I hope you don't mind, I just needed to get this off my chest.

• Members
On 5/22/2017 at 10:50 PM, InSeasonOut said:

Matthew 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

It's just amazing how prophecy is fulfilled and is coming to pass. I realize that much of "professing Christianity" is apostate. Many Christians whether truly born again or not ignore the negative parts of scripture. It's one thing to be saved but another to be right with the Lord. It's difficult to find good teaching of the word these days, and for new Christians I know it must be overwhelming to those who are diligently seeking him. Sin is everywhere and its deceptive and distracting. It's one thing to be doctrinally right, but another to be used of God  in the ministry, even if its just gospel tracting and witnessing. There must be a "falling away" first, which I believe we are in. And brethren its tough for a young, single, male, Christian in 2017 in America not to fall away. I'm referring to myself first and foremost - 1 Corinthians 2:15 and 1 Corinth. 11:31 etc - but also those whom I had to break fellowship with (i.e charismatics and those denying eternal security).  I know "falling away" that does not mean a loss of salvation (apostasy). I think its more concerning doctrine and service more than sin, but (?) Still there is much disputing of doctrine between saved brethren.  I'm just saying I need to keep myself in check and keep judging myself as I fear being part of that falling away ( 2 Thessalonians 2:3 ) or is it all of us in one way or another?

It's also amazing how lost sinners fulfill scripture in the lives of Christians. Whether our old lives catch up to us thru old friends and tempt us, sin. Whether we are decieved by false teachers and are pulled into error, apostasy. Whether we serve God but suffer persecution. Whether we just check the news and see prophecy on the edge... Woe unto the world! If we are in God's word and stay in fellowship with him we shouldn't be discouraged. Sure bad things are happening but we have overcome the world. Don't let the woe of the world come by you.

To get into the negative text of Mt. 18:7 - bad things are gonna happen, they must happen, they're inevitable because that's the way the world is. There is great woe in the world - great sorrow. But its the sorrow of the world that worketh death. ( 2 Corinth. 7:10 ). They bring it upon themselves and refuse to repent in godly sorrow unto salvation. Woe unto them! Hypocrites, evildoers, liars, cowards, traitors, God haters, one day they will stand before him and will receive that woe and sorrow for their offences with weeping and gnashing of teeth! Oh how "negative" and "judgmental" thinks apostate Christianity but they don't preach the gospel. They won't tell them God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. I have family that isn't saved and if they don't get things figured out their damnation is just. It's sad to see them reject Christ. But I chose Christ and know not to put anyone before him. And living for Christ includes serving others and praying, and ministering to them. Many say the Great White Throne is not a judgment for Christians.... and no its not. - But it will be for Christians that never witnessed to their friends and family that never got saved and then they see them being cast into the lake of fire. Don't get me wrong, the Christian is not cast in. But i believe the Christian will see those they know be cast in, and if they never witnessed to them it will be a judgment on their conscience that they never told them how to be saved... maybe that could have changed things... but if we witness and take a stand for the gospel our conscience is clear and we will say amen.

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

PS. I hope you don't mind, I just needed to get this off my chest.

When do you think the saved people who live in the 1000 year kingdom age get judged for their rewards?

• Members
3 hours ago, InSeasonOut said:

IDK... why do you ask?

Thanks for your comment. Good question.

The Great White Throne judgment is the only judgment listed after the 1000 year kingdom age. I believe the Christians will also be judged at that time.

• Members
19 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

The Great White Throne judgment is the only judgment listed after the 1000 year kingdom age. I believe the Christians will also be judged at that time.

Ok yeah - the GWT Judgment is the only one left after the Millennium. Meaning the Christians have already gone thru the Judgment seat of Christ ( 1 Corinth. 3:8-17 ) and then reigned with him during the 1000 years. (2Tim.2:11-13) But i shared my thoughts on the GWT above. The saved are on the Lord's side. They are not in danger of the lake of fire, only the lost will be cast in. (Christians have eternal security)

• Members
On 5/24/2017 at 10:24 PM, InSeasonOut said:

Ok yeah - the GWT Judgment is the only one left after the Millennium. Meaning the Christians have already gone thru the Judgment seat of Christ ( 1 Corinth. 3:8-17 ) and then reigned with him during the 1000 years. (2Tim.2:11-13) But i shared my thoughts on the GWT above. The saved are on the Lord's side. They are not in danger of the lake of fire, only the lost will be cast in. (Christians have eternal security)

You are right. But people are born during the kingdom and some accept Jesus. They must be judged for reward after the 1000 year kingdom.