Jump to content
  • Welcome to Online Baptist

    Free to join.

SweetCharity

What are you currently reading?

Recommended Posts

Let's see: The Bible, in Zechariah in the mornings and Romans, with my wife, in the evenings. 'The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People', and 'Darwinism and Creation', a Christian outline of the flaws of Darwinism, and the supremacy of biblical creation, written back in the 50's. Don't recall the author off the top of my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

America in Crimson Red by James Beller. Different textbooks for school (just LOVE Physical Science...hahaha). And, of course and always, the Bible. Right now, for school, we are looking at the prophecies of the coming Messiah as a prelude to His birth. So we are in various places in the OT. The girls' memory verse last week was Gen. 3:15. This week it's Is. 11. (one of the girls was quite disappointed last week when I told them we were going to take a break on the life of David until after the new year...she can't wait to find out what happens to him next. =D  But she's enjoying our study of the prophecies so far)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

Different textbooks for school (just LOVE Physical Science...hahaha).

Musician4God1611 really did like Physical Science, probably the only student we had who wasn't ready to commit Seppuku (hara-kiri) over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OLD fashioned preacher said:

Musician4God1611 really did like Physical Science, probably the only student we had who wasn't ready to commit Seppuku (hara-kiri) over it.

I'm enjoying it, honestly. It's a review of what I learned in high school and college. My girls, however, are not. Especially the math part of it. I have to remind my niece that if she wants to be a nurse, she's going to have more math in higher sciences. She's thrilled. Not. =D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to read material from religious sects to see what makes them tick. I usually stick to sects that I come in contact with on occasion. JW's are the most prevalent in my area. So right now I am reading two publications from the Watchtower. One is: "The truth that leads to eternal life." And the other is "What the bible really teaches."

It is nothing short of amazing how tortured their teaching is, as well as their perversion of scripture, due to having to publish their own bible version to justify what they believe.

Their supposed "worship services" consist entirely of reading from the Watchtower publications, coupled with a "dog and pony show" where two people will present a skit about how to witness and talk to people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 3:05 PM, Ukulelemike said:

Let's see: The Bible, in Zechariah in the mornings and Romans, with my wife, in the evenings. 'The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People', and 'Darwinism and Creation', a Christian outline of the flaws of Darwinism, and the supremacy of biblical creation, written back in the 50's. Don't recall the author off the top of my head.

Hey Mike,

 

I bought the audio book “the Seven Habits” I must have listened to those things a good twenty times.  My wife hated them because every time we traveled by car I listened to them over and over.  After all these years I still remember a few illustrations from the book and still use them occasionally.  The best one in my opinion is when Covey talks about climbing the ladder of success to the top and finding the ladder is leaning against the wrong wall.  What a great illustration for false religions and he being a Mormon.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I'm reading TM 9-1015-252-10, the Army Operator's tech manual for the M119A2 Light Towed Howitzer. Part of my job.

2 hours ago, Orval said:

Hey Mike,

 

I bought the audio book “the Seven Habits” I must have listened to those things a good twenty times.  My wife hated them because every time we traveled by car I listened to them over and over.  After all these years I still remember a few illustrations from the book and still use them occasionally.  The best one in my opinion is when Covey talks about climbing the ladder of success to the top and finding the ladder is leaning against the wrong wall.  What a great illustration for false religions and he being a Mormon.    

We have the audio as well. I have never finished either-kind of heard on my brain, not really the kind of book I prefer, but my wife really wants me to read it, so we're kind of opposite there; she thinks I can benefit from it in my work as a pastor.  I didn't realize he was a Mormon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.

×
×
  • Create New...