• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

SweetCharity

What are you currently reading?

Just finished Romanov Bride - fictionalized account of the revolution in Russia that led to the Soviet Union. It's told in the voice of Pavel, the man who helped kill the first Grand Duke (and later his wife) and Ella, the Grand Duke's wife (great-granddaugter to Queen Victoria and great-aunt to Prince Philip) who was also sister to Tsar Nicholas' wife. Interesting...

Guest Guest
Terri Blackstock, Night Light,

Second book in aRESTORATIONovel series.

I've never heard of these. Could you tell me more about them? I'm always looking for good reading.

Thanks. They sound pretty good!

She's a good author...paints good word pictures. There have been a couple of books that she's written that have contained things that I didn't care for, but overall, I like them. I'm a big fan of suspense, and she can keep a person on the alert!

Another author that does that is Dee Henderson. She wrote the O'Malley Family series. Good and suspenseful, kinda Christianity light, but at least clean.

I'm reading "A Room with a View" by E.M. Foster right now.

Terri Blackstock, Night Light,

Second book in aRESTORATIONovel series.

I read the first one in that series. I plan on getting the other three in the next batch of books I get :thumb

Prayer Asking and Receiving - John R Rice

That's a book I've been wanting to read for a long time but I haven't been able to find one so I'll have to buy one for myself.

Anyone here who has read the book care to comment upon it?

Guest Guest
I finished [b][i]ANGELS[/i][/b] by Billy Graham, [God's Secret Agents...Word Publishing] over a week ago. This was the very first book on Angels ever written in this country...1975. [color=#0000FF] I would highly recommend reading it.[/color]

Blessings From [color=#FF0000][b][i]PARENTHOOD[/i][/b][/color] by Evangelist Don Woodard. An excellent book!! I had an opportunity to hear him preach to the youth in OH (Spencer Baptist Church)...what an amazing man!

How to Rear Teenagers by Dr. Jack Hyles. I have to be in a mood to read this...it is definite preaching. :smile

This is not a Christian book...rather a fable. [color=#BF0040]the five people you meet in heaven[/color] by Mitch Albom...Author of Tuesdays with Morrie. #1 [color=#BF0040][b][i]NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER.[/i][/b][/color]

I mostly like to read Christian books...but, I will throw a light-hearted book in there on occasion.

I'm currently reading "The Home" by John R. Rice, "The Bible Explorer's Guide" by John Phillips, and a periodical (Free Grace Broadcaster) on the subject "Godly Manhood."
The last book I finished was "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23" by Phillip Keller.

How was that book? That's one I've considered reading.

Really good! Lots of illustrations from shepherds and sheep that show how weak we are and how we can do nothing without God doing it for us, etc.

Really good! Lots of illustrations from shepherds and sheep that show how weak we are and how we can do nothing without God doing it for us, etc.

Sounds good. I read a book by Steve Farrar where he delved into some of that and it was very interesting and enlightening.

Just finished "Oswald Chambers, Abandoned To God" by David McCasland. It is an awesome read on dying to self. Just picked up "Mere Christianity" by CS Lewis. I have read several of his books before, but I usually have to reread as I go along