• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What are you currently reading?

• 3 years later...
  • Moderators

Let's see: The Bible, in Zechariah in the mornings and Romans, with my wife, in the evenings. 'The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People', and 'Darwinism and Creation', a Christian outline of the flaws of Darwinism, and the supremacy of biblical creation, written back in the 50's. Don't recall the author off the top of my head.

• Administrators

America in Crimson Red by James Beller. Different textbooks for school (just LOVE Physical Science...hahaha). And, of course and always, the Bible. Right now, for school, we are looking at the prophecies of the coming Messiah as a prelude to His birth. So we are in various places in the OT. The girls' memory verse last week was Gen. 3:15. This week it's Is. 11. (one of the girls was quite disappointed last week when I told them we were going to take a break on the life of David until after the new year...she can't wait to find out what happens to him next. =D  But she's enjoying our study of the prophecies so far)

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

Different textbooks for school (just LOVE Physical Science...hahaha).

Musician4God1611 really did like Physical Science, probably the only student we had who wasn't ready to commit Seppuku (hara-kiri) over it.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, OLD fashioned preacher said:

Musician4God1611 really did like Physical Science, probably the only student we had who wasn't ready to commit Seppuku (hara-kiri) over it.

I'm enjoying it, honestly. It's a review of what I learned in high school and college. My girls, however, are not. Especially the math part of it. I have to remind my niece that if she wants to be a nurse, she's going to have more math in higher sciences. She's thrilled. Not. =D

• Administrators

I like to read material from religious sects to see what makes them tick. I usually stick to sects that I come in contact with on occasion. JW's are the most prevalent in my area. So right now I am reading two publications from the Watchtower. One is: "The truth that leads to eternal life." And the other is "What the bible really teaches."

It is nothing short of amazing how tortured their teaching is, as well as their perversion of scripture, due to having to publish their own bible version to justify what they believe.

Their supposed "worship services" consist entirely of reading from the Watchtower publications, coupled with a "dog and pony show" where two people will present a skit about how to witness and talk to people.

• 4 months later...