• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What are you currently reading?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

Right now I'm reading an old collection of Billy Sunday's sermons and re-reading Created to be His Helpmeet. Teaching my husband some Deitsh out of my parallel Bible too, if that counts.

My youngest son has become interested in German so I've been teaching him some of the precious little I remember; which isn't much at all anymore.

Currently reading Deuteronomy and the Sword of the Lord before I begin another book.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I've been reading "The Pilgrims Progress" for a few years now...I just can't seem to get past the first couple of pages  :unsure:

It took me three years to finally sit down and read that book through. I got it for my Kindle last month and read it through fairly quickly. I followed that with The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, then For the Temple by G.A. Henty, and I am now on The Young Fur Traders by R.M. Ballantyne.

• Moderators

I've been reading "The Pilgrims Progress" for a few years now...I just can't seem to get past the first couple of pages  :unsure:

Oh, keep at it. It's well worth it!  I recently discovered a similar book, "Sir Knight of the Splendid Way." It's on audio theatre from Lamplighters. Best sermon I've heard in a long time!

• Moderators

Umm.... half the books in my bookshelf?   :hide:  

Let's see... Streams in the Desert, Except ye Repent (Ironside), Edmonton beneath our feet, and doing a word study on repentance that's taking a lot of time.  Just finished Muddy Waters. It's the testimony of a Albertan Meti, and confronts a lot of the lies being presented about Native spiritism.

• Members

I do not think that y'all would know any of the books in my library...but I'll give you some titles that I think you may know 12988944.gif

Onward Christian Sailor by Raymond R. Rickards,  Abraham Lincoln by David Collins, Green Leaf in drought by Isobel Kuhn [loved this book]... The rest you probably wouldn't know. :coffee2:

Blessings!!!

Edited by Gabrielle A

• Members

Oh, Be Careful Little Ears, Kimberly Smith

Cap and Ball Revolver Servicing

Black Powder Hobby Gunsmithing

Just finished reading the first fiction book that I've read in many many years.  The constant attention to sex in a civil war/western was a let down in an otherwise interesting read.  Won't be reading any more of that fellow's work.